1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC Extreme @ Nordschleife - Saturday January 15th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US-X

Class: WTCC Extreme
    Track: Nordschleife

Weather: Dry

Practice: 45 minutes (20:00 EST / 01:00 GMT )
    Qualification: 20 minutes (super pole)
    Warmup: 5 minutes
    Race: 2x22 minutes

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules

2. Entry List:

1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Steve Metzler
    3. Tyler Scurlock
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. Eric Nelson (maybe)
    15. Stefan Werner (maybe)

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Inn

4. Sign me up please - that should be fun

5. I'll take a maybe.hope we get more guys or it wil be very very lonely on the big track...

6. Server is up! :)

7. LOl unreal.I Was literally 10 seconds away from setting it up and I see you post here........

8. I beat you to it for once. :)

9. Ill join ya guys.. been a while since my last Nordschleife race.

10. Sign me up please.

11. yes please - I want to play

12. Well what can I say, the nightmare filled with lag and sync issues continues. I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to get a stable connection on the RD servers anymore. Really disappointing, but what can ya do. :(

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Well,
    I never reached my full potential here but that's racing and not hot lapping!

R1: Eric, Tyler and Stefan took off and I pushed knowing others would follow. Steve flew by and Rafael put pressure on and went by. At the half way point I did a fuel check and realized that I was going to be short by just a couple of liters. After passing a crippled[?] Eric I picked up a my fuel and tooled around to the finish.

R2: Plenty of fuel onboard now! Another horrible start and everyone is past. So many are trying hard and I manage to take the lead for a lap. Eric and Tyler have cut a fast lap together and I'm back in the pack. All I have ot do is worry about the tire situation. It's not bad when the tires are off, it's trying to stay on top of them whilethey're going thru the transition from good to poor grip that one can get caught out. Once agian Rafael came on storng in some of the fsat sections to close on me. I think in pushing as our tires were going bad he pushed too hard and I was in the clear.

This is probably the best track for Extremes, maybe Machwerk, maybe Sachenring too. Popular in the public servers at this track, I can't understand why more weren't here. Ya, Saturday night!

Thanks to those that did show for the fun!

14. I can describe this in 3 words>>>>>>>>>>>>>NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE.

Mainly becasue I can;t get the car to stabilize. It just wants to track left,right,left,right and given its Nords and wickedly fast cars I spent tons of time just trying to hang onto the car..

HAd awesome battles with Tyler both races. R1 I ripped of the front clip and popped a tire so I had to limp to the pits fo2 75% of lap 3. Get my stuff fixed and run lap 4 as a test session.

R2 was waaaaaay mucho fun though. Tyler and I ran very hard and our quick laps were a mere .6 apart! Tyler wins with a gap of 3 seconds.....

Nice double win Tyler!

I'd love to run these more but that tracking issue has to be solved for me.not sure if its my wheel or suspension settings.

15. I love this track but left my entry to the race a little late and didn't get even any complete practice laps in. Qualfying was a shocker & I esc'd back to pits with a puncture.
    I had a great Race 1 where I started last & finished up battling for the lead... right up until I realised I was well short of fuel & had to back to make it the line on the very last lap - I actually pitted in but didn't have the fuel selected so it didn't give me any. Came out & nursed it around fast enough to hang onto 2nd place.

Race 2 was a shocker for me & I ended up hitting the wall & was way too tired to not be a menace to others through bad driving so I left.

Thanks for having this race, it was most enjoyable.

16. Hey have you tried adjusting the speed sensitivity for your steering in the Options/Control Options/Advanced menu???

17. I'll have a look but believe I curently have very little dialed in..........thanks for the tip! always great to see you out here in a car witha roof! LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.