1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC Extreme @ KW Superspeedway Sunday October 3rd, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: WTCC Extreme

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10mins SUPERPOLE(9:45EDT)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2 x 25 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Most important RD golden rules:
    • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
    • No cutting in any sessions.
    • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
    • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session is completed and all drivers are off the track.
    • No abusive language during any sessions.
    • Listen to the race director at all times.
    • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by another driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM only.
    • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
    • 5 minutes before the qualify strats the grid is closed!
    • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
    If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere

2. This race is for Willie Watt! Plain and simple Willie has been a friend of the ARC since forever....

Willie resides in the UK and that means he is up in the middle of the night racing with us! Thats dedication man.....:D

We had a discussion about donation events in the ARC forums and Willie had mentioned this format. Well it just seemed fitting that I put this one together for Willie since he's been around here for quite some time and had a great showing at the WTCC KW event.

So here ya go Willie! It's your event! Cheers!
  3. Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
    2. Willie Watt
    3. Glenn Petersen
    4. Keith Barrick
    5. William Yunck
    6. Jesper TauLborg
    7. Vincent kan
    8. Eric Estes
    9. Philip BRown
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?

JOhn Amutenya
  4. i will join. can i that ?
  5. yes of course!

but use this format to sign up please.

Drivername: your name
    I understand the Golden rules: YES
  6. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

Glenn Petersen
    I understand the golden rules: yes
  7. Keith Barrick

Forgot to get signed up for this but I will enjoy supporting one of the most dedicated arc members Willie watt.

Also I will have a setup uploaded for the chevy when I get a chance to lap.

8. Drivername: willie watt

thanks eric. of course i'll be there, probably need a nap at work on mon tho.

I'll up load a bmw setup that's in the 40's
  9. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Sunday is out of question for me , have a ball guys.

BTW: Indy oval would suit those cars much better...
  10. Maybe it will show up in the future Dariusz! But unles syou have already lapped at KW in these, don;t sell it short.........:woot:
  11. Drivername: John Amutenya

Its late, so put me down as a maybe.
  12. William Yunck
    I understand the golden rules - yes

Time to shake and bake
  13. Drivername:Jesper Taulborg
  14. Vincent Kan

It's been a long time since I last touch my steering wheel. I think it's a good even to pick it up again. I will try to make it in for sure.
  15. Drivername: Eric Estes
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes
  16. Drivername: Philip Brown
    I understand the Golden Rules: YES
  17. Hey guys I'm stoked for tonite.

I have a setup online but it is setup for race trim and drafting. I have a quality setup I threw together quickly that is mazes out in rpm for the whole lap but is good for a 39.350 on my own in practice.

I suggest all who are racing hop on the server early and get some practice in drafting.

I will upload more settle later when I am done work.

See you all tonnage boogitdy booogidty boooogidty let's go racin boys
  18. Server is uP!

We will use the rolling start procedure from the Friday night WTCC event! see below.

1. Rolling start. The pole sitter will bring the field around for ONE LAP to the start / finish line at 65MPH or 105 KPH. he will do this when the start lights go out and not before or we will have penalties for "false starting". YOU WILL follow the car in front of you and stay in EXACT order!do your best to maintain the spacing to the car in front of you as you had when you "dropped" into the field from the garage.Once the pole sitter has reached the Checkered S/F line he will then accelerate at full speed and the race will be underway. YOU MAY NOT pass or jump out of line until you reach the start / finish line. This will ensure that nobody in the rear of the field will "jump" and gain an unfair advantage. I want everyone to get away cleanly and without incident to start the race. you may only pass before the S/F line if there is an accident in front of you but this does not mean you are released to accelerate away and pass additional cars until the release point.

PATIENCE GENTLEMEN!!!!!!! I will review the race starts after the event. If I catch you breaking the start rules, you will be reported by me to the racing staff for an infraction review.

acceleration and passing point below
  19. Thanks Keith and Eric,

Rolling start sounds good, just have to watch out for the dreaded pace lap spin-out on cold tires, remember Roberto Guerrero's infamous moment at the start of the '92 Indy. I have also been thinking about fuel strategy and from my calculations ( 2 L / lap X approx 37 laps ), it looks like the Chevrolet will need 74 litres, which is 4 more than full tanks. So pit, draft or dial it back I guess? ( or have I mis-calculated somewhere?)

Post Script, yup mis-calculated!
  20. Damn too bad i have to work early tomorrow, did a couple of laps on my own out of curiosity and because the S2000 race there was much fun . Got a 39.5 with quali and low 40's with race setup in the BMW. Have fun guys, these cars rock on that oval. Kick ass Willie :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.