1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC Extreme @ Daytona 1970 Sunday September 26th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: WTCC Extreme

Track:1970 Daytona

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Monday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10mins (9:45EDT)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2 x 20 mins

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Most important RD golden rules:
    • Only sign up if you are sure you can participate.
    • Sign-ups can be refused by the race director.
    • No cutting in any sessions.
    • If you hit another driver, wait and give back his position
    • No chatting during Qualify or Race. Even sorry isn't needed. Do it after the qualify or race session is completed and all drivers are off the track.
    • No abusive language during any sessions.
    • Listen to the race director at all times.
    • If you feel harmed by an accident caused by another driver you can use the incident report option. Send the Incident report to the race director through PM only.
    • If you sign up for this race we expect you to be there before the qualify starts. If you are not present on the server, the racing staff will confirm the reserves.
    • 5 minutes before the qualify strats the grid is closed!
    • Read and understand the RD rules! Click here

You have to confirm the golden rules if you sign up for this event. The sign up format is:

• Drivername: your name
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
    If the racing staff don't see this in your sign up request, you won't see your name in the sign up list!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere
  2. No girls allowed!

It's a complete "man up" event!
  3. Entry List

1. John Amutenya
    2. Rhys GArdiner
    3. Steve Metzler
    4. Willie Watt
    5. Peter Ross
    6. Eric Nelson
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. ?
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. ?
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. ?
    20. ?
  4. Drivername: Fernando Mazurek

I understand the Golden rules: YES
  5. Practice server is UP!
    • Drivername: John Amutenya
    • I understand the Golden rules: YES
  6. Holidays are here for me, so I'll have more time for racing.

Drivername: Rhys Gardiner
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes.
  7. Drivername: Steve Metzler
    I understand the Golden Rules: Yes.

I Play hockey on Sunday nights, but may get home in time for this
  8. Drivername: willie watt
    I understand the Golden rules: YES

I'm on holiday this week so afternoon naps available.
  9. Drivername: Peter Ross
    I understand the Golden rules: Yes
  10. Race server is uP!
  11. Willie I changed mine as the skin install for havoline was failing to show up in game...
  12. coupkle of things to keep in mind for Daytona.

1: When you are at the race start, HOLD YOUR WHEEL STRAIGHT! otherwise it may cyle 180 degrees upside down on you if you don;t hold it straight when you click "RACE" in the game menu.

2: you are sitting on a banked section of the track so when you start, your car will drift left if you spin your tires.
    please Eric sign me up!!
    Drivername: Linus Broström
    Have read and agreed to the golden rules: YES
  14. Well that was a damp squib for me...

Qualifying: 5th (last). I didn't get a time in at all due to being late for qualifying.

Race: I started well and had some dicing with Eric and Peter, but then I got one of the infamous Nvidia freezes. I didn't want to pose any danger, so I decided to reboot my system and abandon the race. It seems that my graphics card does not like this track - my last two freezes have been experienced while driving on it. I don't think I'll be racing on Daytona 1970 for quite a while...

Still, the event was fun while it lasted. Thanks Eric and co. for injecting a bit of excitement into my morning. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.