1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Daytona, Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Daytona [Download]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes, no mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here
    WTCC Skinpack: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Björn Golda
    4. Franklin Stegink
    5. Arne Dopudja
    6. Justin Swan
    7. Mark Bushell
    8. Paul Hurlow
    9. David Kingshott
    10. Gundars Brigis
    11. Dario Baic
    12. Murat Erdogdu
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    26. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

3. Unless something completely unexpected comes up, I will be there! :ninja:
  4. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)
  5. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

I am in.
  6. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Sign me up!
  7. PaulH

Premium Member

Sign me up please, gotta start somewhere :thumbsup:

*Edit* will be there for race, might not make it for quali, back of the grid is fine :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

Not sure if ill make it, but we will see.
  9. I am off work this week so please sign me up. Hopefully my connection will last ok.
  10. Gundars

Pedal to the metal

Sing me up please ;)
  11. ill be there
  12. Sign me up please
  13. ME pls
  14. very late sign up, sorry had plans earlier
  15. Well, I had thought that it would be impossible to finish without stopping for fuel and tires, but I proved myself wrong :).

After qualifying fairly well (can not seem to remember where :p) I went wide in turn one and dropped all the way back to last :thumbsdown:. I figured what the heck, this is all for fun, why not try and not pit? Turns out it can be done! I finished third of 15 starters, so that is quite good in my opinion.

And where the heck did Oscar come from :O_o:? I have been racing here for two months and have never seen an Oscar Pink in any races before. Congratulations on the victory, Oscar. :thumbsup:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Spent too long drafting and blew the engine..............................AGAIN!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

After keeping up fairly well in 1st training, I suddenly lost 6-7kph in topspeed.. Persisting through a reconnect, I exited the game and obviously, there was some kind of problem as the Logitech profiler had crashed :O_o:

After restarting the pc, everything seemed alright again and I could qualify 5th. Started fairly bad but others started worse and/or screwed up T1 so I suddenly was placed third behind Justin and Murat - not for long though, as Arne caught up and passed me at the end of lap 1 - it wasn't until then that I remembered I wanted to test stretching 6th gear a tick further in the now-missed second training. Oh well, I guess that explained me losing 3-4 tenths to Arne on the banking.
    Same thing happened with Franklin a few laps on but I managed to follow him somewhat - without really getting an opportunity to pass.
    We both pitted at the same lap (I even thought of leaving out my minimal refueling to gain some seconds but decided not to, in the end ;)) and went out a few places behind before working our way back to P5/P6 - didn't push that much anymore and finished around 10 seconds behind finally :)

Good fun, though - thanks for organizing, Dennis :)
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Sorry for the mayhem of the practice start. The grid had gotten impressively large and I knew there would be a big mess if we didn't run one.

I thought I had a good car and I don't think I could have gotten any more raw speed out of itbut I was just the dregs compared to most everyone else. Well, I did learn a bit about braking so the race wasn't useless.

Thanks to Stefan, Paul and David for making me put out the best I could.
  19. Oh, who am I kidding? A race that epic and amazing deserves much more than my measly post...

2014-01-21_00001.jpg 2014-01-21_00002.jpg

Had a few crazy moments early on in the race :confused:. Luckily, everyone lived through my charge.

Then Dennis made a mistake that made me really mad and tapped me :p. No worries, my car was just fine, I hope you were okay after that Dennis. By the way, that is no way to treat your teammate :roflmao:! (We both have the Golden Motors cars)

2014-01-21_00004.jpg 2014-01-21_00005.jpg 2014-01-21_00006.jpg 2014-01-21_00007.jpg

Here are some more pictures showing some side-by-side racing and overtakes by me. I can not remember who is who in these pics, but it was great fun :D!

Then when Oscar and I had a bit of back and forth fighting, he eventually hooked up with me and literally bump-drafted me :confused:! Seeing as NASCAR just banned tandem racing in the Truck and Nationwide series, we're probably going to get fined big time for this :p.

Had a boring drive to the finish, but I got a podium which I am very happy with :cool::thumbsup:.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja

I didn't even calculate the consumption and i trusted the setup estimation... opted for a pit because i thought i will change tires aswell... 2 bad choices. Nevertheless, 4th place. If i didnt be so ignorant who knows what would happen with the 1-2-3 battle we had going on for the first 11 laps. Though one thing was clear... my chevvy is a rocket on the straights. :D Not the same can be said in the corners, though...
    • Like Like x 1