1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Brands Hatch Indy & GP, 6th March 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Justin Swan, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Brands Hatch Indy & GP
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 15 laps)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here
    WTCC Skinpack, download: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Justin Swan
    2. David Kingshott
    3. Arne Dopudja
    4. Gavin Hendley
    5. Mert Kayar
    6. Bruno Gil
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -

Server is UP!
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

15 laps of the Indy circuit followed by 15 laps of the full GP layout.
  3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

WTCC SkinPack (version 1.5)

4. I will try to be around for this. Will let you know if I have to pull out.
  5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Generally up for this, if more people show up.
  6. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Sign me up please
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Server is UP
  8. sign me up pls
  9. I would like to join!
  10. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Hi Carlos.

Before you can join in any Race Department club and league races, you'll need a FREE racing license, which you can apply for HERE. Please read terms before applying :)
  11. Id like to participate aswell
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Firstly Sorry I could not make the second race. Had to get to work very busy in the hanger at the minute.

Just a quick recap of the first race. Practice was ok, but getting the deal around the track. Played the suspension and the car came alive, and worked out the best way to do turn 4 which made .5 of a second.

Qualifying I just screwed up, and my daughter got out of bed and wanted to talk :)

Race well that went well. Started 5, and kept consistent which took me to 2 which I my best placing as yet. The guys in front had a couple of bumps and tussles which gave me the opportunity to pass. Justin well done great job in Qualifying and race

See you at Mini Friday
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Well, being this my first race, it went as it was expected. Practise and qualifying weren't all that bad (even got 200ms close to the lap time of who was one place ahead of me in qualifying, thats good enough for me at this point :p), but the races were just bad. Spun out a bunch of times and even hit some people on the way, so, again, sorry about that.

Now, to searching and reading. I need to find a good guide or so on road course racing, as I think I'm missing some basics.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

It's just down to practise Bruno :)

Sorry for the low turnout for your 1st race. Dennis will be back in charge next week and hopefully he can rally up some bigger grids. I think all the regular drivers miss his charm and are waiting for him to return ;)
  15. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Only thing I miss is more goddamn cars on the track. :D

I was planning on finishing race 1, but internet timeouted so i just went to take a shower, shave, play some Mass Effect 2 and go to sleep.
  16. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Thanks for the race Justin, sorry for the tap in race 2. I really need to descipline myself to get some practice in before race night. I was shockingly bad last night. Suspension damage in the 2nd race finished me off really early. Hung around to see you chase down Mert.
    pity about about the turn out but it happens, been there plenty of times. :)
  17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

No worries about the tap, always risky trying to overtake on the outside but I was having fun :)
  18. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I've found both iracing's driving school and empty box' simracing 101 playlist to be very helpful material :)

Looking forward to racing with you and the other guys again - internet connection's gonna be back/at the new place by Tuesday if all goes well. However, I'm headed for this year's CeBit from Wednesday till Saturday so I actually might have to pass on the whole next week :/
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for those links; I've watched a few from empty box' 101 already, but forgot that playlist existed a few days after x) on to wactching both playlists now