1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ Anderstorp, Tuesday January 7th. 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Anderstorp
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 Minutes, no mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Aleksander Pienkowski
    3. Richie Hill
    4. Murat Erdogdu
    5. Ben Tuijn
    6. Dario Baic
    7. Björn Golda
    8. Reggie Blain Snr
    9. Reggie Blain
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. I'm in.
  3. I'm in
  4. Put me as "maybe" please
  5. Ben Tuijn

Ben Tuijn
    @ Simberia @Simberia

6. Im in
  7. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)
  8. im in
  9. Sorry guys im doing the Hokey Cokey. Remove me from the line up please
  10. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

my dad and i will join
  11. In please
  12. Yes please :)
  13. Sign me up please.
  14. Very sorry I had to miss this guys! I got home late and it wasn't expected.

Apologies again
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Yes, I drove some Japanese Iron today. I had been using it to show a couple of guys how to go about setting up a car and figured I'd use it since it was up to speed.

Q, I took my lap at a fast race p[ace with a race full of fuel.

I had luck, I missed the whole thing at T2 and escaped with a gap that lasted until the battles behind me subsided. Björn came out the winner it seems and chased me down. Lucky for me he was only just a tad faster than me, once I was within his reach my brake points seemed to upset him and he held on only to pit. I went in the next lap and came back out ahead. Again he chased me down and when I caught a tire on an inside curb he passed with a clean getaway. I pushed hard and gained a position on his bumper, oh the pressure, and I immediately looked ahead to see Steve close ahead but failed to catch him as Björn continued to chase. Yippee for the flag!

I hope the T2 thing was just driving error?
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sorry, i couldn't join.
  17. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Boy, what a race.. had a great qualifying with a PB on this track and started 4th.

However, I quickly managed to change that in the race as I entirely missed my breaking point to T2 and went on into the gravel to find myself in the back of the field. I wasn't and did not hit anyone, I guess we were just all making the same mistake and luckily missed each other while doing so ;)

Made for another nice hunt through the field, though - I finally reached Dennis but didn't manage to pass him as stated above ;) My tires were going down and so I decided to pit a lap earlier than intended. Obviously, I still have to practice pitting as I was suddenly 4,3secs behind Dennis after his stop.
    Managed to catch up again and could pass him thanks to that inside curb ;) Screwing up T1 in one of the last laps, I had to let him pass again though resulting in a 0.3secs difference on the finish line and a great race altogether :)
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Starting as the last but one happily managed to go through the T2 trouble in L1. However, made myself a stupid mistake at T2 in L3 and spun. Martin Leyfield was close behind and hit me (sorry Martin) but he went on without delay and - I hope - without any considerable damage. A bit of a nice racing with Martin during the last couple of laps.
    This time I used a setup that I prepared myself based on the lesson taken in D.Phelan Setup Authoring Academy and it worked pretty well :).
    • Like Like x 1