1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC @ Abu Dhabi, Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: Abu Dhabi [download here]
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note any change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Connor Caple
    3. -Björn Golda
    4. -David Morley
    5. -Peter Ell
    6. -Daniel Linder
    7. -Reggie Blaine Snr
    8. -Nelson Ullinskey
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

EDIT: Sorry, OUT. I cannot race between 19:45 and 20:15

Just to clarify, we leave the folder name as it is in the archive, with the underscore? ( _AbuDhabi )

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

4. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Thanks for clarifying that, @Dennis Phelan .

Why have the races move an hour earlier this week? I won't be able to join any of them at that time this coming week.

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

My "boilerplates" for the events still have the "summer times".
    @Connor Caple the times are now correct.
    Now to change all the boilerplates.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Excellent! Then I'm back IN :thumbsup:

7. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Phew, tricky gears.. hitting the limiter once before braking into the first chicane on the back straight.. With drafting mid-race, however, another tick to 6th gear could be viable... decisions, decisions ;)

Anyways, I'm in!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201443):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

8. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Am I right in thinking this is the F1 circuit?

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Dave Morley as close as a modder could get it at the time!

10. RaceProUK

RaceProUK

Not sure it's the best circuit for touring cars, but I'll give it a go.

11. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

I'm in.

12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

13. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

Sign me in

14. Sign me up!:thumbsup:

Sorry I'm late in signing up, this week is gonna be hectic for me :O_o:

15. If you have seen my posts in that thread about least favorite F1 tracks, then you know this is one I hate :O_o:

I jumped on early to log some practice laps and actually got up to speed real quickly. I was called away to help with something so there my car sat not being touched for the first 20 minutes of official practice :whistling:. I stole the pole and had a rocket start :confused:. I basically dominated the thing, but Peter Ell showed tremendous speed. However, he was inconsistent and I ultimately won the race :thumbsup:

Race 2 was rather intense at the start, but I got up to third from seventh within the first of nine laps. Peter's old inconsistency disease must have left him and infected me, because I found myself all over the road :cautious:. So I rode by myself for much of the race until Daniel Linder made a slight blunder and I caught up with him. He took second and I third, but it was will some fun racing :D

So this is win number 13 for me, the unlucky win. No wonder I won on the track I despise the most :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Oh my.. not my track.. yet? :D

I haven't had too much time for training so upon seeing Peter's time, I quickly abandoned any thought of victory ;) Nelson got up too a great pace as well, all while I was slowly putting in faster times.
    Unlike last week, I went into qualifying with race fuel and put myself into 2nd as neither Peter nor Daniel, who had similar or slightly faster times than mine in P2, put in a lap.

Started fairly well, but 'twas only a few meters till Peter came knocking at my door - with his practice lap times in mind, I didn't put up too much defense when we first approached the chicane at the end of the straight ;)
    [​IMG]
    Both Nelson and Peter pulled away in the aftermath, and a few laps in, Daniel got up to P4 and kept on closing the gap - a bit later, he lost some time again, then I lost some time due to an almost-spin through the second chicane. Still, it wasn't until the last two laps that he got close enough to make a move - I managed to keep position, though, and even inherited P2 with Peter DNF'ing somewhere towards the end :)
    [​IMG]

For race #2, I spontaneously changed my gearbox, widening all gears a bit to allow for a larger 6th gear. Starting 6th/7, I quickly lost a position to Nelson and turning into the straight, it became apparent the new gears weren't the wisest decision: Lacking speed and drafting wasn't possible no matter how close I was.
    However, both Connor and Reggie helped my efforts by taking a small offroad detour:
    [​IMG]
    A few kilometres down the road, I arrived at Dennis', who initially wanted to let me through. After that didn't work out on the first try, he must've noticed he was way faster through the first half of the track, while I was faster in the second part - a nice recipe for some great battling, isn't it?
    Had some nice, close racing which ultimately didn't change too much position-wise:
    [​IMG]

See you (maybe) on Thursday, thanks for racing, everyone!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Fun races as ever. Thanks @Dennis Phelan for staying at the back with me for race one, so I actually had someone to chase for a change. had a lot of fun, even though I knew he was easing off to give me chances to catch him. ;)

Second race, blew it, hit a wall, pit stop-repairs-etc.... :roflmao:

Looking forward to the scary OW cars on Thursday - still have not even sat in one. :cautious:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

I was well prepared but very unfortunate in superpole.:(

Race 1
    Car - dynamite.
    Driver - lost in Space...
    and without fuel at the last lap.:thumbsup:

Race 2
    Revealed the car's and mine capabilities on this track ! Got what I wanted.:)

It was FUN racing with you guys ( as always )
    Thanks Dennis and all of you.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  19. RaceProUK

RaceProUK

:poop: I missed it :cry:

I'll try extra hard to make Thursday's races ;)

• Love Love x 1
  20. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

A loong track it took a few laps to decipher when I first got on it. Very happy with a good rhythm after a several sessions. Was I the only one practicing for this event?

R1, I did stay behind to drive with Connor as I knew I would have a chance for a different kind of fun in R2. I just tried to stick to my lines and use the same shift/brake points I would if redlining.

R2: Mad dog, mad dog! I love to take off as hard as I can from the front. I know Connor would move out of the way and It made a fun race for me. Daniel had no problem getting by me. As Nelson came up to me I goofed up two turns in succession allowing him an easy pass, not intended. Tires started to warm up and half way through the race I had to change the way I was going through corners, seems my brakes were working really well so I depended on them more and it actually worked. I sure was glad Bjorn had changed all his gears!

IFM's ought to be a fun time or two :)

• Like Like x 4