1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC @ A-1 Ring, Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC '06, 07 [Vauxhall Vectra excluded]
    Track: A1 Ring [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: Race 07

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Belet Michel
    3. Mert Kayar
    4. Nelson Ullinskey
    5. Peter Ell
    6. Jose Ferreira
    7. Arunas Linkevicius
    8. Björn Golda
    9. Frédéric Garnier
    10. Gundars Brigis
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. I enjoy to resign,plz sign me in!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

A practice server is up for this weeks events.

4. sign me up please.

5. Looks like fun! Sign me up please.

6. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Sign me up please.

Thanks !

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

8. Sign me up ...... please ..... wow that will be nice to race again .....

9. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Hope to return in time for this event :) I miss a lot for some great action with RD guys :)

10. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Yay, we all survived the great server list blackout of 2014 ;)

Just did a few laps, and while I'm not exactly fast (as far as I can tell ;)), this should be fun - I'm in!

11. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Edit: Ugh, never mind, sorry. I forgot I have to do some stuff I delayed in order to watch Le Mans this weekend.

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. I can not join the race. My graphics card is broken. Sorry have fun

13. Fred E Jay

Fred E Jay
    Premium Member

Hello,

May I sign in for my first participation on race Department ?
    I checked my connections to your race07 and teamspeak servers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up Please ;)

15. I am so sorry that I can't join the race cuz I got problem of connection on Steam, I was already in the server 2 time and it was lost connection .....

• Love Love x 1
  16. Frederic Garnier, I am so sorry for spinning you in the second race. It was not my intention to do this to you whatsoever, I hope we can put this behind us and move on :)

I'm not going to write up a lengthy report, but I will say race 1 was utterly amazing, especially with Bjorn Golda. Sorry for the contact and rubbing, but man, that was so awesome! Second race was not the same. Actually, it was the other end of the spectrum entirely. Got bounced to the back like a pinball and while trying to get back up to the front, spun out Garnier. Decided to heck with it, and peddled around to the checkered flag.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Let's get the most important thing out first - bloody awesome! :D

Took a few laps yesterday and adjusted my go-to-setup a bit. Turned up for P2, adjusted a bit and gained a few tenths more.
    With Quals approaching, I decided to go the 'Dennis way' and qualified with a race fuel - still managed to snatch P4, though :)

With my recent experience of things turning bad after a good start, I voluntarily decided to start lousy.. or maybe I just screwed it up ;) Managed to regain a few places though and soon found myself in P3 - Nelson, who had fallen back a few positions, was approaching rapidly, though. That's were some amazing racing ensued, we had a great battle for the next 13-something minutes that ended with Nelson making the pass on the last few kilometres - great stuff, likely my favorite battle alongside Dennis @ Okayama or Arunas @ Thunderforest :)
    Staying faithful to my newfound strategy, I managed another lousy start into R2 and found myself back in P7. After an incident between Dennis and someone else (?), the two of us were starting a hunt through the field - we soon caught Nelson and Frederic who lost time due to a crash, and went on for Gundars - caught him, when he missed the hairpin. Michel was quite a few more seconds ahead, so we had to push a bit to reach him - managed to pass him after a few slight offs on his side, Dennis got to his rear and I was beginning to spent to much time watching the rear-view mirror.
    That 'paid' off in the last lap when I missed T4/Gösser and had to let them pass. Managed to catch Dennis and Michel had another off into the gravel had the last corner - he did regain control of his car in time, though - P4 for me. Great racing, once again :)

Thanks for coming everyone, 'twas nice to have so many (in comparison with recent events ;)) people on the track!

Edit: No worries about the tap in T1, Nelson - I was pondering whether to push on when you were going for the pass or not, so that's a normal racing incident IMHO, Given the fight before, it seemed logical to continue it afterwards ;)

• Like Like x 3
  18. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

It was my first serious race and I really enjoyed it. Aruna made the race for me like it was real because it was my first time racing under such pressure. Good job everyone and I hope to see you again.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

First, I too have to say Awesome Racing!

Secondly I have to say I can't remember a time when I have bumped so many people, knocking them off as much s I did today. Please accept my apologies, I know that simply waiting for you to return to the track is appreciated but doesn't cover the lost ground.

Of course, when the cars on track are not simply in a procession with fast drivers at the front there will be some close racing and I did see plenty of that going on! That's all I'm in for as my apology should take up the most space.

As Staff, good to have a couple of brand new drivers in the lineup. Hope you all had fun and return real soon!

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fred E Jay

Fred E Jay
    Premium Member

First of all, thanks for the apologies. I appreciate.
    I don't like to be hit in the back because one never knows if it is deliberate and it's easy for the one who hits and very difficult for the one who is hit. I hope it doesn't happen too often. ;)
    First race was good and quiet in the back of the pack, although I made a mistake in the last corner (afraid of being hit in the back ?), which made me finish last.
    In the second one I started with caution, as I was afraid to cause a big crash. I managed and I was quite confident when I got hit severely and spun. unfortunately I'm in realistic settings and my engine stopped. I couldn't find the starter key so I quit. I had the opportunity to join friends on a warface game. That's why I didn't stay until the end of the race.

But I'll be back for sure !

Race07 gives good sensations but I hope I can join Assetto Corsa races with you. The feeling in the wheel is soooo much better.

Thanks guys, see you again on the track ! (in my mirror, but not too close :) I know, I insist ;) )

• Like Like x 2