1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC 87 @ Castle Combe Sunday July 18th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric Nelson, Jul 13, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Class: WTCC 87

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 1:45 GMT
    Practice: open server
    Qualification: 15mins
    Warmup: 10mins
    Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
  2. The kick off event for British week features some
    old School" touring cars! Nothing like some heavy tin top racing on a BRitish circuit to get us going proper!

The Castle Combe airfield opened in May 1941. The land which the airfield occupied belonged to the Castle Combe estate, which was owned by the Gorst family. The RAF Castle Combe airfield functioned for seven years before being decommissioned in 1948.
    Castle Combe Circuit opened in 1950, and the first meeting was staged on July 8 by the Bristol Motorcycle & Light Car Club. Over the next few years, the circuit attracted star names such as Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn, Roy Salvadori and John Surtees.
    Castle Combe has staged many different motorsport disciplines over the years. In 1997, Nigel Greensall established a new lap record. His Tyrrell 022 lapped the circuit at 130.93 mph (210.71 km/h). However, this was the last year that the circuit would remain unaltered. A tragic accident involving the death of a spectator forced the owners into installing two new chicanes in order to slow the cars down. The new layout was slightly longer at 1.85 miles (2.98 km), and was completed over the winter of 1998-1999.
    Formula Three returned to Castle Combe in 2001. However, it would not stay long. In 2005, the circuit was issued with a noise nuisance order, which meant that the circuit had to reduce its noise level. The British Formula Three Championship and the British GT Championship were both louder than permitted, and so were prevented from returning. The local championships dedicated to Saloon Cars, GTs and Formula Ford are instead still active, with packed grids and exciting races. Since 2001 Rallyday, an annual demonstration event for rally cars, has been held at the circuit.
  3. Entry List:

1. Dariusz Swiderski
    2. driver
    3. driver
    4. driver
    5. driver
    6. driver
    7. driver
    8. drievr
    9. driver
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. Eric Nelson ( maybe)
  4. Dariusz Swiderski

Dariusz Swiderski
    Premium Member

Me pls, not going to miss my fav fun cars. Thx

Sign me off :( , need to be up and awake early on Monday, sry Eric
  5. so coz im in brisbane australia time zone is +10 gmt so it makes the race for me on monday at 11 am?
  6. count me in
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

8. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

here's my base setup Ross, hope it help

Attached Files:

9. I wil be there! back from the Carolina Mountains and tired as hell but I'll add to the mess
  10. cheers
  11. welcome Ross! hope you are enjoying RD thus far!

See you in a bit!
  12. Running the Dragon? Miata's are next week:D.
  13. Had fun! Chasing Yves and wrecking the car..........

really fun track in this car! I mean hang it on the edge!
  14. Literally - I think the right front spent more time in the air than on asphalt. Actually used this for edge-play practice, so to speak.