• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured WTCC 2017 Released for RaceRoom Racing Experience

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,443
    WTCC 2017 RaceRoom Racing Experience.jpg
    The 2017 FIA World Touring Car Championship pack for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been released.

Featuring all the cars of the current FIA World Touring Car Championship season, the new pack contains "brand new renditions of all the touringcars that battled across the globe during the 2017 TouringCar Championship, all in updated versions compared to 2016".

As is the case with the real world WTCC, the new pack features the Volvo S60 Polestar, Honda Civic, Chevrolet RML Cruze, Lada Vestra and the dominant Citroen C Elysee WTCC, all featuring the official drivers and paint schemes of the current racing season.

Sadly because of the lack of new entrants in the real life WTCC of 2017 this new pack will not offer any brand new car models over and above those available in the 2016 car pack. However Sector3 have made the appropriate visual tweaks to the upgraded machines and physics amendments and adjustments to reflect rate of development achieved since the TC1 regulated cars hit the circuit in 2016.

The new car pack can be purchased standalone, as individual cars or as part of the full WTCC package from 2013, 14, 15, 16 and 2017.

The 2017 WTCC pack contains 16 drivers across five manufacturers and retails for £6.96 before any additional discounts are applied.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

Happy to see the 2017 WTCC pack added to R3E? Which car do you like best in the WTCC series sets? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +404
    On one hand I appreciate that these are now done quickly, on the other hand... Yeah. It's a sad indication for the entire series that they just didn't have that much work to do.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD (Steam: WrightRD) Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,232
    Im glad we have another new set of cars in the game, but this series is quickly dying. I think we would be better off with the TCR series! Would be so much fun, and its popularity is increasing too.

I'm not here to moan, because Sector 3 have done an amazing job once more on all of their updates from May, and I look forward to trying out the new cars and track that have been released, but maybe for 2018, the ties with WTCC should be severed between the Sector 3 and the FIA WTCC, and maybe move onto something people would have a little bit more fun in.

Just my personal opinion, and I know there will be some who share my point of view and some who don't, so let's not get angry about it :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. muzikant

muzikant

Ratings:
    +44
    Ohhh again... a WTCC

Where are the new promised gt3 cars :O_o:

5. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +256
    I haven't been a big WTCC fan in recent years but in the last week I watched this years races on YouTube and was pleasantly surprised. At least Citroen aren't winning every race.

6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +454
    Probably going to have to wait on the next ADAC GT Masters pack.

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,982
    So just a paint pack really. Better than nothing I suppose. I haven't looked yet, but I presume it's very cheap.;)

8. Timmy UK

Timmy UK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    93p...

• Wow Wow x 1
  9. Andrew Scott

Andrew Scott
    "Ye Old Convict" Premium

Ratings:
    +632
    I don't have anything nice to say, so best I say nothing at all.:whistling::whistling:

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +193
    They could be working on proper triple screen support in stead...:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +2,982
    Well at 93p and couple of quid for the track............why not?

Learnt the track after a few laps and it's lovely. Great track for the WTCC cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

Ratings:
    +119
    Actually, most of the cars sounds have been overalled, especially externals ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +2,982
    And very nice they are to. :thumbsup:
    I just want better damage modelling, wheels detaching, bonnets flipping up etc. And animated pitstops and I'll be very happy.
    Oh and offline (not always connected) availability. Not much to ask eh? :whistling::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +942
    You're such a Diva :p:p

• Haha Haha x 3
  15. John Brandow

John Brandow
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    The 2017 cars are great. I haven't tried to run them lap time wise against the 2016s yet though. It would be awesome if they were competitive.

16. kimbo

kimbo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +45
    the quality of the tracks in raceroom is sublime, graphics, textures, ambiance, full of life

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1