1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU WTCC 2014 @ Sonoma - Wednesday July 1st 2015

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Jun 17, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars pack(s): WTCC 2014
    Track:
    Sonoma Raceway - WTCC Layout

Practice:
    19:00 GMT - 30 mins
    Qualifying 1:
    19:30 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 1:
    19:40 GMT - 20 mins

Practice 2: 20:00 GMT - 10 mins (consider this break/warmup)
    Qualifying 2: 20:10 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 2:
    20:20 GMT - 20 mins

Notice that all our Club Races are run on the Get Real difficulty mode. Furthermore you need to own the track we are running and at least one car from the class, you do not have to own any cars you are not going to race yourself.

Difficulty: Get Real
    Fuel Usage: Off
    Visual Damage: Realistic
    Race Finish Duration: 120
    Cut Rules: Slow-Down
    Mandatory Pitstop: Off
    Max Players: 24
    Tire Wear: Off
    Mechanical Damage: On
    Flag Rules: All
    Race Series Format: Custom/RRE
    Wrecker Prevention: On

2. Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  3. i'm in

• Like Like x 2
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Me too

• Like Like x 1
  5. You relentless WTCC signup-ers (yeah its a word, I just made it xD)!
    Thanks for signing early! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

Sign me in, please

• Like Like x 2
  7. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Sign me up, please, I must be there at least for race #1.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Will try to make this one. Any tip on how to drive these cars though. Bought the Civic but found out on Redbullring it has the most amazing snap oversteer if you even consider nudging the brake during turnin. Is all cars like this or is it specific for the Civic? I have WTCC 2013 not sure how close the physics are on the old models if I can use them as reference.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I find the Civic worst as far as snap oversteer goes, only tip I have is do your braking in a straight line, balance throttle during turning.

10. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

Aaah. Have lot of things to do, but sign me in, please. Things have to wait. :ninja:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Server UP

12. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

I am having troubles. Internet is ok, but I keep losing the connection. Ping is solid as well...

13. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Too bad Luca, because we had a really great race.

Sadly, I am too tired to stand another practice and qualy to 2nd race, so I quit with racing pleasure for tonight. It was great as I said, close battles, fast and fair opponents, some touches bettween us and I just hope, Saturday´s race at the same time/same place will be more populated, because the game, cars and guys on server are just the best pack :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Good nice nights racing again today folks, thanks again Kjell for arranging.
    Had some good times, enjoyed my race against Matej (good talking to you mate..) but, as usual, dropped the ball at the chicane. Strange start too, when the lights went red i pulled two gears and just managed to get away in front.
    Race 2, started from pole, did the opposite and forgot to engage a gear!!!! Dropped to the back and then managed to get 2 time penalties within the first minute..... 10 seconds down on lap one :( Sort of lost interest after that... kind of come to the conclusion i really, really dont like Sonoma!

Thanks again all, enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 3
  15. budlix

budlix

Good race yesterday, pity I totally screwed it up. Race 1 I was more off track than on, Race 2 was way better for me, found my tempo and line, but then that "beloved" chicane started dictating who is the boss and I went there few times out. Very frustrating part of track. But Lasse showed us it is possible to drive fast and avoid mistakes, so again, my problem is located somewhere between wheel and chair... :thumbsdown:
    You guys are very fast and clean, very challenging to me. I have to train a lot. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  16. I fell asleep in the cockpit... Last night was to tough celebrating the u21 european cup football victory :)

17. budlix

budlix

OT: is there some way or ethusiasm (maybe R3E MP is not supporting that) to put here (under every race session) results? I'm interested in all lap-times of each other, sector-times also. But maybe not everybody wants his times to be shown publicly, so take it as a point for discussion. :)

18. The game sadly does not support getting much data yet, they are working on it so at some point we'll be able to extract things like starting grids, finishing positions, lap times, off tracks etc, who knows what and when though. :)
    Though, it's against he spirit of club racing to discuss laptimes and finishing positions, club races are about having fun not being fast, so we will probably not use this specifically for club races.
    League races on the other hand will make use of such features.

• Beer Beer x 1