1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC 2013 still worth it?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Pascal Herbig, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Thinking about getting the WTCC 2013 pack, mainly because of the BMW and the two Tracks I don't own yet. Is it still worth it?

2. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

It is!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Any idea when this pack is likely to get physics/tyre model updates?

4. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

i would get 14 or wait for 15(some months)

5. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I would wait for new one .. with new physics and therefore fixed FFB .. but if you don`t mind buying both, go for it ..

• Like Like x 1
  6. I do have WTCC 14 already. How broken are the physics on the 2013 cars?

7. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

not broken . real issue is what it non-updated physics do to FFB (floating, ...) and car feeling :) .. so it is just like in every car except those already updated (ADAC, GTR3, DMT15, free cars, and some more ) .. i is undrivable

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Aside from the physics and FFB situation, I would say the WTCC 2013 pack is worth it as it represents the last year of the Super 2000 spec cars and feels quite different to the TC1 cars from 2014 onwards. You also get a healthier field of cars - 5 models and (I think) 23 drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

There is nothing broken and I've got zero per cent of floating. You will see the physics are very well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. For what it's worth, I personally found slapping just a bit of in-game damper, spring and friction on helped get rid of any floaty feeling in older cars. Although proper older cars do generally feel a bit floaty compared to new tight modern ones anyway :)

11. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

Well i said not broken :) ... But since we know how much better they can do it I can easily call it bad...if you like them , enjoy them by all means, good thing is we have free test drives so anybody can try.. After physics update it is pretty simple for me... No more buying older content till it is updated...improvement is to big to be ignored

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It's the pack that got me into R3E. IMO even though they haven't been updated they still feel pretty darn good. Just be warned, no one drives them online.

13. IMO these cars are the ones that the AI handle best in the whole game. No one races them online but offline they're an absolute hoot with some of the closest most convincing AI scraps you'll ever have.

I like the handling too, especially the beemer

14. My first post here! :)
    For me, I absolutely love the handling of the WTCC 2013 cars. What steering wheel do you guy´s have? I´m driving with the Thrustmaster tx and g25 pedals. Cant complain at all :)