1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU WTCC 2013/2014 @ Monza - Wednesday July 8th 2015

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Jul 2, 2015.

Which class do you wish to race?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. WTCC 2013

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WTCC 2014

45.5%
  3. Run both, even though 2014 are a bit faster

54.5%
  1. [​IMG]
    NOTE! This is a bit of a test format, you may vote on which WTCC class you want to race this wednesday, whatever choice has most votes wins, if it's a tie, both classes will be available.
    Sign up as normal below, if you don't own the class that wins just let me know in the comments.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server Name: RaceDepartment
    Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Cars pack(s): WTCC 2013/2014
    Track:
    Monza Circuit - GP Layout

Practice:
    19:00 GMT - 30 mins
    Qualifying 1:
    19:30 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 1:
    19:40 GMT - 20 mins

Practice 2: 20:00 GMT - 10 mins (consider this break/warmup)
    Qualifying 2: 20:10 GMT - 10 mins
    Race 2:
    20:20 GMT - 20 mins

Notice that all our Club Races are run on the Get Real difficulty mode. Furthermore you need to own the track we are running and at least one car from the class, you do not have to own any cars you are not going to race yourself.

Difficulty: Get Real
    Fuel Usage: Normal
    Visual Damage: Realistic
    Race Finish Duration: 120
    Cut Rules: Slow-Down
    Mandatory Pitstop: Off
    Max Players: 24
    Tire Wear: Normal
    Mechanical Damage: On
    Flag Rules: All
    Race Series Format: Custom/RRE
    Wrecker Prevention: On

2. Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Im in!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I see people are voting but not signing up, I forgot to state that in the first thread but please vote only if you actually intend on joining the race.
    If you sign up and the vote is for content you don't own, it's ok to sign out again. ;)

5. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I voted, so sign me up, please :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I voted too, sign me up. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium Member

Im in. I should be home early Wed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

In plz :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Up for this thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Sing me Up and sorry for my absence on last wednesday :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium Member

Is the race open view or locked cockpit view?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You can use Cockpit view or any of the other arcade style views. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium Member

Thanks Andy, I ask cuz I have never sim raced in any view but cockpit. But somewhere last week someone made a bit of sense when they were talking about the bonnet view as I call it. (Hood) I guess. Not sure where I saw it. But he said its the view you have when driving any real car actually. And i was thinking about it.....looking at where I sit in my rig the steering wheel in respect to the monitor in my case a 55 inch screen is really like the real perspective as you really are looking over the hood of the car, anyway I tested it out today and yeh it kinda of makes sense. So just wanted to know in case I want to give it a go.

14. If you sit far enough from your monitor/TV then bonnet view makes sense, personally though I prefer getting the screen as close as possible behind my wheel so that the dashboard and dials look in scale to my wheel, that way cockpit view makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

This ^^^^^ as Kjell says.

For me, every sim needs to be driven from the cockpit view. I use helmet view in Pcars.

Total immersion is my goal. Anything other is in my view very arcade in style. This is my opinion obviously. If you like arcade views, go for it.

16. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium Member

My rig's frame wont get under the TV Screen because I have it on a solid stand so my peddle set ends at the screen if you know what I mean. So that sets all else back a bit to far. After bringing this up in conversation now Im gonna find a way to set this TV on a split stand of some sort so I can get the rig under it. This will fix the issue. I agree cockpit is the true view, not sure why I've waited this long to deal with it.....da...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Sign me up

• Like Like x 1
  18. Francis76

Francis76
    Premium Member

Sign me up, please.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sorry guys, change of plans today I can not run.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Such happens, thanks for letting us know.

• Like Like x 2