Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Oschersleben.gif

Name: Motorpark Oschersleben
Type: Racetrack
Lenght: 3.668km

Haha manimal, i know exactly how you feel. I have driven the Alfa Romeo 156 last season in RACE 06 and that brought me many starts in the first group. I got bored with the FWD and decide to go for the BMW this season.
So i mainly drive RWD now and still i am a lot slower then my last years FWD times :)D)
It is technique for sure. RWD racing is totally different the FWD. Correct me aliens if i am wrong, but the fast guys tweak there setup so that they are stiff and the mainly steer with the throttle, while my FWD setups are loose and steady and aim for a nice line and require a lot of steering.
For sure beemers are good cars to hotlap with but in the races a FWD is more stable, easy to correct and more forgiving then a 320si or even worse 320i

Yes Bram, that is my point entirely

With the Beemer I can be quick on some tracks but I just find the front end doesnt bite as well, at Oscher for me the key to a good lap is the right left chicane at the top of the hill, follwed by the long right onto the back straight.

With teh fwd cars I can bang it over the kerbs there and then just brake for a split on tarmac before going over the grass for the right. In the Beemer I do teh same and the nose just pushes on!! I have tried everything but i find the feeling from teh Beemer to unpredictable from the rear! Sounds stupid but I can predict slides on some games, bot not on the Beemers on Race.

Yet I love the Caterhams and can slide them about all day, great fun, and they are vague as hell with in in-car cam I always use!

• Jacek Kozlowski

today did 1.35.5 in TA mode:D.Two times i had about -0.280sec but did some mistakes in last sector...

• SMillar13

What is the differnce between using simbins setups and one a really good racer makes? (in overall lap time)

after bit of practising 1:33.981, still not perfect, but getting there. :)

take care guys not to practise a line where any of the wheels touches the grass, at the League it will not be allowed... (especially T1 combo right hander, triple left hander, chicanes, etc etc etc... lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back