1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC 07 @ Riverside - Monday August 29th 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Yves Larose, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USTC
    Required RACE 07 expansions: None
    Class: WTCC 07
    Track: Riverside
    Practice: 21:00 EDT (1:00 GMT)
    Qualification: 21:30 EDT (1:30 GMT)
    Warm-up: 21:45 EDT (1:45 GMT)
    Race: 21:55 EDT (1:55 GMT) 2x25 Minutes
    Password: click here

Download packages

Tracks:
    Racing Club track package

Mods:
    Race Serie Racing Club Mod package

*due to the daily download limit it will take 2 days to get all the packages, in order to make it faster you can get the tracks pack and the mod link will seperately posted in each event thread.

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]368[/signuplist]

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Get your bandana's ready guys, the dust flies high here!

3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

This is going to be a fun race. Another great track selection by Yves :cool:

4. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Leif you in?

5. DR3D9

DR3D9
    Banned on request @Simberia

very probable. i got the skin from the link in the last race hiroshi. ill download everybodys custom skins. i dont know if my skins are good enough to bother uploading.

6. 2AM for me. I will be at the back keeping out of trouble :wink:
    I will not race if i'm too sleepy.
    I will have zero practice.
    I love old tracks. This version is 1970 I think.

7. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

I took the WTCC Super 4WD car for a whiz around this track and it was great! Oohh there is seven of us so far, keep signing up all!

8. Hi PPL :)

I will give this a go.
    I will go for a play for an hour and learn it a little more.

See you all there :)

...Ray.

9. I sign out sorry, I will not be abble to be here for the race guys :)

Edit: The race is on Tuesday night (EU) :eek:, so I will be abble to come, I thinked the race started Monday 01H in Europe

10. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up!

11. DR3D9

DR3D9
    Banned on request @Simberia

im gona be a sleepwalking zombie drone by race time. somehow someway ill scrape together some focus maybe squeze in some practice and make it.

its refreshing to get back to the no drama no BS of the sim racing community, compared to other games.

before i forget/distracted/pulled away. a ginormous thanks Yves and everyone, for all the help, guidance, the little things like sharing set ups etc. it doesnt get taken for granted.

12. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Sorry all but i wont be able to race for month or so. I dropped my laptop the other day and is not working anymore. Time to save money for new laptop.

13. @Alexandre

So sorry for putting you out the race mate. As I left the pits I got terrible screen stutter. Didn't know where the car was going to be. I wanted to stay right and slot in. It happened during practice session too. Very unusual for me and my 'What should be' a super duper PC. 6 cores and a 640 gfx card it sholud not happen. Sorry again.

...RayL.

14. No problem, I was a little bit irritated at the moment but don't worry :).
    Anyway I had direction and suspension problem so you have shortened my suffering lol

15. Yep, thats' exactly what I went in the pits for. Went off at the very same corner after getting left rear wheel off road. I did not realise I was so far left and at the time thought it was an over zealous Yves. But no, all my mistake. :)

Back to the moment when I caused you to move over: when the screen settled I was up a hillside. I gave up up it. The car never felt right from leaving the pits, whether it was PC problems or, not?

Second race was fine, no problems at all with the hardware. The race was OK. Half way through I was in 3rd 30 secs ahead of a bunch behind. Then I noticed Yves clawing me in. Someone must ahve been keeping him back for the first half of the race?

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

It's been a long time since running this track, it was nice to return and these cars are the greatest here.
    My setup was almost spot on from a garage in Istanbul, longer legs and some tire care and it was a dream to drive.
    On Teamspeak, I helped newcomer Jim Martin get settled. We went over pit and chat presets, pitting and anything that could keep him out of trouble.

I always Q with a full tank, keeps me honest.

R1: A good start and good luck at the end ofthe esses as two ahead go off and I'm in pursuit of Leonardo. He gradually pulls away as expected and I keep Ray at bay until he's passed by Yves. I'm caught and I do all I can to stay in P2 but I enter the esses too fast and make a run down the ravine allowing Yves to go chase Leonardo. A good gap back so I take it safe for the rest of the race.

R2: A fair start, for some reason I think that going to the right pf Marcin is going to do me good. Thinking again I move behind him and then to the left. Cars ahead seemed to slow rapidly and I looked to get away on the right side which worked but it was tight with Marcin catching my bumper as we both braked. It was a much rougher start than I expected. Leonardo and Ray were ahead and on L2 Ray overdid the entry to the esses and had to chase me again. Yves came back thru the field, passing Ray and closing on me when I Overdid the esses again but I pounded away till with two laps to go I put a wheel off entering the esses and thought I was a gonner. Got it straightened out and no more mistakes.

Great drives Leonardo!

Yves looks good in SEAT yellow, doesn't he guys?

Thanks to all for coming out, Yves for running the event and RD.

17. Twas massive fun lads. Might do a short video from both of my races
    @ Dennis during the 2nd race was so tight into the 2nd corner so sorry for causing any problems, not sure if i got a slight tap from behind or if I just lost it on its own really...

18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Marcin, We were both hard on the brakes trying to get to the right and around them. Sorry I had to squeeze you like that. I could see from replay that you were a bit loose when we touched, Looks like Yves was caought in the rush and tapped on the rear and across the track. He did wait for you!

Please, vid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.