1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTCC 06 @ Brands Hatch 06 - Tuesday 12th July 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Nick Brooke, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM TC06
    Required RACE 07 expansions: Race 07 only
    Class: WTCC 06
    Track: Brands Hatch 06
    Practice: 19:00 GMT
    Qualification: 19:30 GMT
    Warm-up: 19:50 GMT
    Race: 20:00 2x25min
    Password: click here

Signup List
    To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

2. I would love to do this race, but I have another comitment.
  3. Oh...so shame we are so little...i want to see more players..can't think about a race in 6 players. This is great,the track and mod,hope to see more players. I'm in.
  4. I'd love to be with, but I have a Clio Cup race at that time :(
  5. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

This is going to be my first ever club race here at RaceDepartment :cool:
    I don't expect myself to be fighting for a spot on the podium, but instead I'll take it easy and will see how things pan out.
    This event will contribute to my experience and hopefully I'll learn a couple of things from it.
    See you on the track!

I am currently making a little skin for the car I'll be using. I will post a message here when it's done, so you can download it if you want.
  6. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Server is up !
  7. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

it seems that the mod have a modelID clash with one of the new expension so the event will run the WTCC 06 class instead of the mod that was originaly plan, sorry for the inconvinient guy's.
  8. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Then I'm out.
  9. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

10. I am sorry but i tried this on my setup and all was well. It wasnt until yves setup the server we found the issue. The mod creator has been notified as i wish to run this mod for a few races. Lets hope he can sort the issue out.
  11. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Aaaw, too bad it does not work. But then it gives me some extra time to prepare for my vacation :)
  12. Time to dust off the Toledo? :)
  13. I'll be there :)
  14. ok... with sooooo many hondas on there the toledo may get parked up :)
  15. sorry guys,i'm feeling sick,very sick. Hope you get fun,good luck.
  16. ok my skin is here
  17. sorry gonna miss you david. long time no race! hope you feel better soon.
  18. Edit, sorry I have signed out.
  19. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

I'm sorry guys, I didn't finish the race because I somehow managed to flip my car in lap three.
    I have been practicing all day, and then one single mistake ends my race. Oh well, I guess that the old saying 'Better luck next time' counts.
    I do have a question though: Seeing as I didn't finish the race, does this still count as my debut race?
    I heard Keith mentioning something about finishing on the podium in a debut race, but I don't know what that is about really.

Next race I'm in again! I didn't quite expect to qualify 3rd, so in my point of view it went quite well for my first time.
    There was a bit of pressure on me, as I was looking forward to the race and hoping to have a nice finish result.

See you next time, and I hope you did not flip your car as well!
  20. ok been a while since i raced here and i'm sorry that i had to leave but seeing people gaining advantage by lap after lap using the green run off at paddock i thought better leave than get wound up over it. there were some people on there clearly trying to keep in the white lines as per the rules of racing and others clearly benefitting from the extra "track". please check the rules for the club to remind what we all signed up for.

at one point i went in about 0.2s down on the car in front and by druids was 1.1sec down. anyway thats by the by and no-one died.

shame leon popped his car on the roof. was looking like we could of had a good wee dice. i think he was just avoiding having to buy us all a drink ;)

EDIT: i had said earlier to Leon that if he finished on the podium in his debut club race he had to paypal everyone on the server money so we could buy drinks to celebrate :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.