1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WTCC 06/07 @ Elkhart Lake - Friday May 28th, 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Stefan Werner, May 26, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE (9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x10 laps w/
    1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. Road America located in the heart of America at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin is one of the bigger venues in the continental US, with big name series's such as Nascar making an appearance at this track. Road America is a high speed, 14 turn circuit with a great flow. Expect door to door battles down the long straights and fast turns here.

3. Entry List:

1. Michael Carver
    2. Kevin Hopkins
    3. Rhys Gardiner
    4. Eric Nelson
    5. Willie Watt
    6. Glenn Peterson
    7. Keith Barrick
    8. Glen Kabis
    9. Robert Isles
    10. driver
    11. driver
    12. driver
    13. driver
    14. driver
    15. driver
    16. driver
    17. driver
    18. driver
    19. driver
    20. driver
    21. driver
    22. driver
    23. driver
    24. Paul Wood (maybe)
    25. Daniel Wood (maybe)

4. Let's see if I can learn this one before the starting time.... put me down -- tnx

5. Kevin Hopkins

Kevin Hopkins
    Premium Member

sign me up please
    :)

6. Put me down as a maybe. This looks like a fun track but I have to go to a community consultation session on sat morning about Australia's new fibre optic broadband network. I'm in one of the first test zones... yeah baby :woot::banana:

7. What he said. I'm in the same posi so put me down for a maybe. Hopefully we will both get back in time.

8. ^You guys are lucky... I'm waiting for the day when Perth gets the fibre optic service. :p

Sign me up please, Stefan.

9. LOL I don;t have a single lap in any sim ever here but I'll try to bend up some touring machine!

10. I'm provided that there's no conflict with the "race on" version of this track.

I suspect that a set up from AMS will do well here!!

11. Willie, I have Race On and had no problems running this track.

12. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I love this track! I'll be there.

13. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

sign me up, one question tho, why use the add-on track when we have it in Race On ?

14. 1. Not everyone has Race On, so using the add-on track opens this event to a wider audience. :cool:
    2. I like the add-on version better than the one included with Race On. :tongue:

15. Gotta make up for the friday I missed

Also where is the mandatory pitstop? Adds spice

16. Really off my game today. Instead of hitting quote I edited your post Keith. Sorry about that. :redface:

Thanks for pointing that out, I knew I missed something. Added the usual stop for 2 tires to the mix. :)

On another note, are the forums kind of slow and funky right now, or is it just me?

17. Keep in mind it;s a club event and not mandatiory we always have apitstop.

Sometimes jacking up the lap count will make the race a "tire management" race as well. But I don;t think Road America will ever wear out the tires that fast! LOL

18. I took out my Bridgehampton setup from last week and it purred along quite well. A few minor tweaks here and there and it looks to be fairly good (that is until I find out how fast everyone else is). If anyone is interested the Honda setup is online via Steam.

19. LOl Michael!

20. Well, my early tests indicate that basically all 4 tires wear equally here (RR the less). It could get real dicey on the final lap for those that abuse their tires (even if they did a 2-tire change on their stop).