WTB - Sim game investment

Hi all

I have being playing racing games for years on the consoles, recently got into PC sims the way forward for me. I have started out with Race 07 and loving it, now looking to move on with other titles looking for advice for the best bang for buck on the market. I have tried a few demos now looking to commit on a budget for long term play I'm sure you guys have tried them all, have short listed below with my own assessment any comments would be most helpful.

PC specs - Win XP 32bit , 160gb HD,Intel chip, Asus board, 2gb ram, 1gb Nvida 210gf card
Wheel - Thrustmaster 458 - yes it's cheap but does the job + home made wheel stand Shaun Cole style

Sims current - Race 07 + GTR EVO

WTB
Race 07 - Race Injection, end of line for content due to Race Room Exp coming soon

Game Stock - Only a few cars at present but looking good

Rfactor - Tons of mods and Rfactor2 on the way

SimRaceway - Looks good but some of the cars are a bit high priced

iracing - A lot of content and with some good price deals at the moment but would like to some more Euro content

My PC at present may not be able to run the next gen titles like Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

Comments please

Pben1

Hello Paul, :)
I have tried many sims and there all great, but its also about the group you race with.. take a look at GT Legends, http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/gt-legends.62/ . There is a great set off mature racers there and with Stuart and Knut keeping the club racing scene so fresh is a absolute blast and don't forget the league races that are going on ... really nice set of guys who are all willing to help you get up to speed...
It may be an old game but I think its the best kept secret on RD and not to taxing on pc spec's..

Purely for what these have to offer.
GTR2. This sim has a driving school that teaches you all you need to know about sim racing..
And if you fancy a bit of off-road.
Richard Burns rally, this also has a driving school,
Hours of fun can be waisted on the sim.. its old but nothing touches it yet..
if you really want to see the roots of sim racing on a pc
look for GPlegends...(im a newcomer to this old classic)
these older sims don't tax the Pc so much either
All these sim's are now cheap on Amazon, under 10 pounds and other selling places and have numerous mods to download...

Hi

I have GTL now and very happy it's hard work due to the grip level, I'm on novice setting otherwise I can't get round the track :O_o:

But I'm loving it does make me feel a bit old now use to driven around in the Fords and Minis when I was a lad, always loved the classics. Also have got the demo of GTR2 which is good may invest when I unlock GTL

Hi
I have GTL now and very happy it's hard work due to the grip level, I'm on novice setting otherwise I can't get round the track :O_o:

If you have a wheel, the problem is your driving technique, GTL isn't any harder than any other sim I have, so do spend some time reading about race driving technique and apply it to the sim.

A couple of the cars are botched IMO, but most of them are okay, in fact, some of them have EXTREME levels of grip IMO, but an example of a very good sim car is the 76 Pantera 475hp.

Hi Rupe

GTL unlocked now and working on a new learning curve with my new wheel Logitech DFGT
working on settings and my driving style for Simbin games. I may drop in on the training session for a while see how it goes this week. I want to be more confident before I hit the servers with you guys

Great news Paul..:thumbsup: im glad your liking it.. I still have my xbox and ms wheel.. its getting very dusty in the corner..
iv'e never looked back since I made the change to pc racing..
There's just something about the old car's in GTL that I like. maybe because I grew up with these cars watching them on tv...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back