rF2 WSGT Megane Trophy mini Endurance @ Bahrain GP2013 - Fri 11 April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have to change my signup to a maybe, we have a family event and I may nit be back in time. I'm say 50% likely.
If I arrive it will be with min practice/setup so Ill be crusing around the back.
(no smart comments saying thats what I do with setup time and practice thank you!).
BTW thye vote is done now but I do think its a shame not to run with the endurance layout. We have raced a few times on the GP circuit and its a club race so in my view its for new experiences and fun not just for winning. Any way i hope I'm there.
EDIT: I have made it back in time, will be onthe grid. Cheers

Last edited:
Gr8 racing guys. I messed up my qual. Had a gr8 start in race though and was battling hard with Davy. :) Then I went wide in turn 10. Got car back on track and was told I had a Stop/Go penalty for 10 seconds. :(

Look forward to next one and well done to Davy on the win. ;)

Did a lucky last lap in qualy which got me on pole. Even with a lot of small mistakes and slides.

Race start i lost the place at the sun on Theo. But i was able to sneak throu as Theo did a small mistake. Could increase the gap to the pack behind me constantly. Then to big mistake happens. Didnt knew that refueling and tire changing is sequntial in this mod :(.

After leave the pits my nice lead was gone and i figured out very quickly that it is impossible to close the gap to davy again if he does no mistake.
So i ended a bit disappointed at p2. But it was fun and the transfer from day to night made it partially very difficult and challenging.

Was a fun race. I had a bad start and a spin in the first lap. But David was so nice to keep me company. :thumbsup:

The transition to the night was a great. Some track details that i didn't noticed before in the distance were nice to see. Like the construction cranes and the building with the Bahrain, it had a flag on it. Yeah, I did some sight seeing, While i was cruising at 200 km/h :whistling:

My brake markers started to fade away in the darkness and my lap times started to drop like a stone. The last 2 laps were more surviving and guessing. :geek: But i kept the car in the road.

It was great fun and with a nice P3 in the end. :thumbsup:

Thanks all for a fun race.
I know this track quite well (after the VWEC included a 2 hr and a 8 hour race here) but never driven this car before. and yes did figure it was RWD before quali!

Was 6/7 on the grid and +2 sec but happy enough with that.
Stayed safe on lap 1 and Gijs and one other went off on T10 allowing me through.
Gijs gradually caught me up and passed when i had a wide exit of T12.
From there I followed him through the desert evening with pretty similar pace until my pit stop at 30 mins. The gap was under 2 sec for 10 laps or so.
Like Simon I had figured that I might as well grab tyres not realising that it was done after fuel so added 24 sec to my gap to Gijs.

I left HDR on automatic and the day night transition was beautiful and even in final laps my visibility with headlights was good enough and quite realistic.

After Kevins drive through and one other drivers DG I held P4. Finished with 5 litres of fuel or 1 lap.

Nice race. Thanks again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back