Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
0jVovYO.jpg
Model is really impressive , great work guys!!

Unfortunately I've still been bogged down with work, so haven't been able to do any solid modelling sessions on the 'yota or Jag...I did try a quick messy import of my old RX-792P into the game out of curiosity...there's a few things that need to be changed or redone, since I originally only intended to use it inside 3dsmax+VRay (this was back in 2009 remember), but it's definitely workable without drastic changes :thumbsup:

JIKZwwL.jpg

gl9XMEK.jpg

Brc8FOo.jpg

Looks really great so far. That RX-792P is one of my favourites :inlove::thumbsup:

Thanks again for even considering doing this project. Looking forward to the end result. :)

Totally understand though that work can get in the way, you're doing a great job so far.

Got a bit done on the variations that'll be included with the '93 TS010 and '91 XJR-14 already in this thread...'92 TS010, '92 IMSA XJR-14 and '92 Mazda MXR-01...can play spot the difference now
Will hopefully start unwrapping some of the exterior on the Toyota soon.

dPRfLXS.jpg

qZJ5ktk.jpg

XDrN1xj.jpg

Being so close bodywork wise I did wonder if you'd have a go at the Mazda MXR-01. It's interesting how when you see them "naked" how the bodywork details differ.

Great work my friend :thumbsup:

Really early days I know but it would be fantastic to have these adapted to RF2 at some point. Driving them around a circuit as the sun sets and into darkness would be really cool. Unless a night time mode gets introduced into AC, here's hoping :)

Unless RF2 receives the RF1 tire model, that won't be happening (RF2's current model is pointless for anyone outside of the high ranks within the tire industry).

Sorry I had to pick sad, there isn't an "informative" option anymore :)

Interesting, so you are saying the tyre model is just too complex in RF2?

It was only a thought, RF2 is probably the most geared towards day/night time races but hey ho...:)

Sorry I had to pick sad, there isn't an "informative" option anymore :)

Interesting, so you are saying the tyre model is just too complex in RF2?

It was only a thought, RF2 is probably the most geared towards day/night time races but hey ho...:)
Yes...you need to know absolutely everything about the construction of the tire (exact materials and dimensions), which you will never receive from a tire manufacturer, meaning it's complete guesswork and ridiculously hard to match measured tire data (forces, optimum slip angles, etc) with. And even if you have all of that information, you have to rely on RF2 to produce data correctly from it (which may not happen).

As a concept it's very cool, but in practical application it borders on useless.

Got a bit done on the variations that'll be included with the '93 TS010 and '91 XJR-14 already in this thread...'92 TS010, '92 IMSA XJR-14 and '92 Mazda MXR-01...can play spot the difference now
Will hopefully start unwrapping some of the exterior on the Toyota soon.

dPRfLXS.jpg

qZJ5ktk.jpg

XDrN1xj.jpg

Wow, this mxr 01 looks perfect !

Unfortunately I've still been bogged down with work, so haven't been able to do any solid modelling sessions on the 'yota or Jag...I did try a quick messy import of my old RX-792P into the game out of curiosity...there's a few things that need to be changed or redone, since I originally only intended to use it inside 3dsmax+VRay (this was back in 2009 remember), but it's definitely workable without drastic changes :thumbsup:

JIKZwwL.jpg

gl9XMEK.jpg

Brc8FOo.jpg

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

One of my favorites. I love that little failure of a car so much :inlove:

If you turn around and tell me that the Lola T92 is next on the list I might just die of excitement.

When will this come out

You've got a while yet my friend.

This is just a side project for the author and the people that are helping him.

The original models were done for rendering purposes so they need to be converted to be more suitable for gaming.

The big job is physics and I think that's what's taking the time.

Have patience it will happen eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 235 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years