Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chugging along with the interior now...there's a few obscured areas I may have to apply a bit of artistic license due to lack of reference, but they're not areas you'd be looking at very often, even in VR (things like the "passenger seat" area and the back half of the inner door panels).

mPfCiIY.jpg

c2qnhEJ.jpg

Ideally we'll release something in 2017, but I don't see the point in specifying a date...its a hobby activity being done for fun in spare time, not a commercial product with third party investment

@Mitja Bonca I've been meaning to try that out soon :thumbsup:...unfortunately the TS010 never actually raced there in real life as far as I'm aware, only Suzuka, Fuji, Autopolis and Mine :p

Chugging along with the interior now...there's a few obscured areas I may have to apply a bit of artistic license due to lack of reference, but they're not areas you'd be looking at very often, even in VR (things like the "passenger seat" area and the back half of the inner door panels).

mPfCiIY.jpg

c2qnhEJ.jpg

Ideally we'll release something in 2017, but I don't see the point in specifying a date...its a hobby activity being done for fun in spare time, not a commercial product with third party investment

@Mitja Bonca I've been meaning to try that out soon :thumbsup:...unfortunately the TS010 never actually raced there in real life as far as I'm aware, only Suzuka, Fuji, Autopolis and Mine :p
thats looks really lovely, love the arrangement of plugs under the dash. Seeing that shifter on the left, was the car still H-Gate, or is it a sequential shifter? LMP with shifter, would love to give that a go (but first i need to repair it, an hour of Turbinchen on the Ring didn't do it good :D)

It is so promosing! Love the work! Im looking forawrd to hear about the last car! I hope you dont mind my little wish.. I personlaly would love to see a spice making its way in as the last car.. Kinda feel despite sevral entrys it never got in the spotline..
But keep up the work! You are talented and thank you for bringing these monsters!

A bit more detailing on the TS010, brakes, started doing the display ticks and inner door skins etc. ...it's getting closer to the stage where I can start unwrapping bits.
Plus more progress on the Jaaaaag (I can't help but hear the way Clarkson says it in my head every time)....turns out the Jag had the same Brembo brake calipers too, so that was a bonus :p

CULDLWc.jpg

VSj3dFX.jpg
VSj3dFX.jpg

@VaporOne Unfortunately it won't be a Spice, mcf1p and I already a shortlist of what we'll choose from when we get closer to that point

Honestly mate do the cars you want to make. That way you enjoy making it, regardless of what it is people will enjoy it. Last thing I want is you slogging through a car you hate

Honestly mate do the cars you want to make. That way you enjoy making it, regardless of what it is people will enjoy it. Last thing I want is you slogging through a car you hate
Not just this but also take your time man. Don't burnout. You're already making progress fast. Do the interior of the jag first before moving on. Jesus, three cars at the same time? You're already doing a huge favor by doing these. Sorry for doubting your speed first(because i'm not that active here on rd, never heard of you before) but you're clearly fast and talented, take your time, pay special attention to your current projects, start anew when you feel the need to.

As for you ninja, i'm still watching your ts020 video on youtube :(

1987-1993 Group C cars were the coolest of all. It's simple.

Does the R390 GT-1 also belong to that group or could be a possible addition to this project? Just asking cuz I drove the **** out of that car in GT3 and GT4 - I think my at one time world lap record on Tokyo R246 should still be valid at 1:14 sth...haahaa good times!

In any case thanks for pursuing this the progress looks extremely promising and the quality seems veeery high so looking forward to whatever comes out of this!

It is so good to see Group C cars in the making for AC, the most amazing racing cars ever, even though I'm more for the late 80s then early 90s that TS010 looks really good. Good luck with it
Personally hoping that C291 made that shortlist as it was my favorite back in the VLM mod days, but whatever you make I'll be happy and others for sure. Kunos should also think about bringing some GrC cars in future dlc

Edit: R390 is a 1998 GT1, an opponent for Porsche 911 GT1, agreed that it would be great addition (looking at Kunos again ;))

• Deleted member 130869

Sorry, that Nissan doesn't make the list :p. It's not the best or most adequate platform especially for these kind of cars but it's the easiest. But it's better to have them somewhere than to not have them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back