Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember this beast? :confused:
10627984674_e4a11dd9b6_b.jpg

Allard-HB7.jpg

Hah, didnt think of that :laugh:...can the gearbox get severely damaged with every gearshift, regardless of clutch input too?

I think we'll just stick to the cars already picked for now though, I'd rather do a good job on them first :thumbsup:

Just found some info about the XJR-14 hitting 4.5g peaks, so it seems reasonable that the Toyota is around there - also good that my more or less guestimated physics seem feasible. On that note, the Toyota is essentially done physics wise unless I find some more info that invalidates my tires/aero...I think I have more data for the XJR-14 and I've already made a (basic) Sauber C11 for cross referencing data (mostly just checking lap time deltas and tires...have decent aero numbers for the C11), so the XJR should go fairly quickly once I have a model to work with. I might see if I can get in contact with one of the race engineers of the car from the WSC days.

If we end up doing more than those two (which would be nice - a decent field of interesting Group-C cars), the R91/R93CK seems like it will be an interesting build...not a ton of data but some good points here and there.

Some lap time reference to see how these cars compare to others in AC...in my hands the TS runs:

1:16s at Donington
1:10s at Brands Hatch
1:45s at Silverstone

I'll also note that they never really ran as high of downforce levels as possible (probably to save tires but who knows), so some lap times are going to be quicker than real life. Donington and Silverstone were done with realistic setups (albeit very quickly made), but Brands was at absolute max DF, so likely a second or two quicker than what the real cars would have run there.

IIRC the tires of the era couldn't cope with the downforce, so this is probably correct. More in terms of the tyre physically failing under load and less about it wearing out quicker in a more conventional sense, though.
Right, that was my understanding as well. Actually, I read about the Intrepid GTP car running over the tires and almost onto the rims at Mosport because they were used to running much lower pressures on previous cars...I'm sure teams in the WSC were running into similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%