1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong car speeds

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Huijastin, Nov 22, 2012.

1. So for some reason, in my career mode, Mercedes and Red Bull have switched their places. Mercedes is usually on the pole, and finishes 1st-5th. Red Bull on the other hand finishes at 6-12th. Can I change their car speeds by putting the files from cars/me2/track to Red Bull's cars/rb2/track, and for Mercedes the other way around?

2. Is this in your first season? It's just I know after season one it all can get mixed up to suggest one team has progressed more.
  3. Third, they were like this in the 2nd as well, Kovalainen made it to the Q3 yesterday as well.
  4. Does sound like it is something to do with the team progression or regression (if that's the correct term), not sure if there is a way to tweak those files in career mode though as I'm not actually a PC player, just sounds very extreme change!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Heading to the gym, after that I'll try my plan, drive one career race and report results. If anyone can confirm this, or some other solution to change the car speeds, do tell :)
  6. Why would you want to change this. It's a feature of the game, exactly like James described it.
    The cars are grouped in 4 tiers, depending on their 2012 performance, but at the end of the season the slowest team from a tier goes to the lower one, while the fastest team gets promoted.
    So eventually you might even see HRTs dominating a season :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Because I want it to be realistic compared to this season?
  8. But it should be in 1st season like RL. If you are in 3rd season, then it is 2014 RL, you should have turbo.:) Just kidding.
  9. I'm not going to argue about this any more. Mercedes has been on the top from the 1st season. Also, care to explain me Kovalainen's P3 on Malaysia...?