• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Wrong camera

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Dave Wild, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    I have set my default view to cockpit and that's what shows in the monitor view before you click the arrow to go to the car. However the view then is a trackside camera looking from the pit wall towards the pits. If I then 'escape' back to player list and monitor view the monitor is now showing that trackside camera view.
    This happened after the last update to v 1.3.
    How do I get the cockpit view to stay?

Thanks

2. Nox

Nox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,323
    That's very odd; maybe something isn't right in the PLR file re: default view? Take a look. Otherwise I have no clue whatsoever.

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,099
    Happened to me too. Had to start a new player file and and all was well again.

4. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    I checked the PLR against the separate non-update install I have for the BES mod and can't see anything different Andrew but I'll have another check.
    Thanks Andy, a new PLR file cured it for me as well although I couldn't see any difference between the two :confused:

5. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +431
    This has happened to me a couple times and i dont know what causes it but ive always had to make a new .plr

6. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Is it possible to backup the original and copy the content back after creating the new one? I also encounter this and have to keep pressing 'Insert' to change view, and don't remember the parameters edited in the PLR file.

7. Dave Wild

Dave Wild

Ratings:
    +67
    I backed up my PLR and then copied it back but the wrong camera view came back. I had to go through my old PLR and changed those values which were different.
    Has this problem been posted in the bug thread?

8. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    I see. Dang, I don't remember which parameters I've edited. That's one difficulty for those w/o experience with previous sims and not familar with the files/structure/parameters... wish there were some documentation from the developers for consumers to make good use of the game.