1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wrong camera

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Dave Wild, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Dave Wild

Dave Wild
    Premium Member

I have set my default view to cockpit and that's what shows in the monitor view before you click the arrow to go to the car. However the view then is a trackside camera looking from the pit wall towards the pits. If I then 'escape' back to player list and monitor view the monitor is now showing that trackside camera view.
    This happened after the last update to v 1.3.
    How do I get the cockpit view to stay?

Thanks

2. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

That's very odd; maybe something isn't right in the PLR file re: default view? Take a look. Otherwise I have no clue whatsoever.

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Happened to me too. Had to start a new player file and and all was well again.

4. Dave Wild

Dave Wild
    Premium Member

I checked the PLR against the separate non-update install I have for the BES mod and can't see anything different Andrew but I'll have another check.
    Thanks Andy, a new PLR file cured it for me as well although I couldn't see any difference between the two :confused:

5. This has happened to me a couple times and i dont know what causes it but ive always had to make a new .plr

6. Is it possible to backup the original and copy the content back after creating the new one? I also encounter this and have to keep pressing 'Insert' to change view, and don't remember the parameters edited in the PLR file.

7. Dave Wild

Dave Wild
    Premium Member

I backed up my PLR and then copied it back but the wrong camera view came back. I had to go through my old PLR and changed those values which were different.
    Has this problem been posted in the bug thread?

8. I see. Dang, I don't remember which parameters I've edited. That's one difficulty for those w/o experience with previous sims and not familar with the files/structure/parameters... wish there were some documentation from the developers for consumers to make good use of the game.