WreckFest Controls Guide

Thanks for the guide Paul, excellent write-up.

Good point Rupe, we'll fix that right away :)

The latest hotfixes should have fixed most controller issues. The dumb automatic binding for all DirectInput controllers was removed so hopefully there's no need to revert everything to default anymore to remove conflicting bindings the first time you start the game.

Mouse cursor should now work as in most other titles.

It looks like users with CSW V2.5 are experiencing an issue with bindings not being saved but we're not sure whether that is related to drivers or what. Unfortunately we don't have V2.5 yet so any fixes we do are kind of shots in the dark. As a temporary workaround, you could try setting the controller setup file as read-only.

@Rupe Wilson
Hey, thanks for the hint but im afraid to tell that the game still looses the setup after setting the files to read-only in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\145564\228380\local\wreckfest early access\controllers. I'll have to wait till they can fix it. @jannesBB if i can support you with details or in any other way let me know!

cheers

Settings for force feedback wheels an pedals

Edit : 02/07/2018

After some tweaking an game Dev recommdations, I found the the magic number for saturation settings is 50%. This should give you a good 1/1 ratio for your controls.

Please share your settings for your wheel an pedal combos :)

Last edited:
I am having a different issue albeit similar to this, when i go to calibrate / set up controls, i am only seeing a few of my controllers, i am not able to see my OSW, my pedals or shifter.

I have a multi use simpit that has many controllers setup. OSW (simucube), T3PA pro pedals (ran through USB adapter), TH8A shifter, 2X DSD button boxes, 2XThrustmaster MFD's, Thrustmaster T-Rudders (also with usb adapter) Warthog throttle and stick. home built button box on wheel using a Teensy controller board.

when i go to set up my controls, i get one of the DSD boxes, my warthog throttle and stick, and the teensy button box as available controls.

(edit) it appears to be taking the first 4 controllers in the "game controllers control panel"

i already tried to delete the folder referenced in post 16, that did not however help me. any sugestions? (disconnectiong unused controllers is not practical with my simrig setup.

Thanks in advance guys (been playing for years when i had my TX, took some time away for other games, now that we are close to a finished project i was wanting to give it another try)

Saw a post on Reddit last night, with video reference wheel saturation setting for new game.. The OP set it to 45% which seems low but is very responsive, quick testing showed a better 1-1 feel. Thinking that the in game rotation is quite low, an may have been updated in the new build?

I reduced my G27 rotation to 360 degrees and the FFB down to 66 percent, I might try cranking it back up and adjusting the saturation.

Though more then likely I will instantly forget as soon as I click on something else that takes my fancy.

Wreckfest "saturation" equals exactly the rotation in the driver! Just without the need to alter any driver settings for each game :)
Important here: the lower the rotation gets, the stronger the FFB gets compressed somehow!
So 50% ffb strength with 450° is more or less the same ffb as 100% strength with 900°!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back