WreckFest Controls Guide

I might be talking pure trash, but aren't there third-party apps available that simulates input from all possible devices to create a virtual controller?
For example a program that makes Joy1 X-axis count as Joy 3 X-axis and Joy 2 Y-axis as Joy 3 X-axis so you can combine all input devices. Keyboard SPACE mapped as Joy3 Button 1 etc...
Just like programs as Virtual Clone Drive can simulate a DVD-drive

PS. If there is, I don't know what it is called or anything ;)

I have tried changing advance settings sliders but does not have much effect on wheel/pedal actions
how is it for you guys :whistling:
FFB works fine, and since I have a G27 everything is standard optimised :p Seems a lot of driving game producers create perfect presets for those popular wheels, G25/27 Some logitech wheels etc.

2016-02-28_00001.jpg
Does this game support separate controllers like G25 wheel and ClubSport Pedals V2 EU?

Yes at the controls screen it should show all the controllers connected, mine shows wheel 1/2/3 ect .
Then you map the wheel, pedals an gear shift as a independent controller

I might be talking pure trash, but aren't there third-party apps available that simulates input from all possible devices to create a virtual controller?
For example a program that makes Joy1 X-axis count as Joy 3 X-axis and Joy 2 Y-axis as Joy 3 X-axis so you can combine all input devices. Keyboard SPACE mapped as Joy3 Button 1 etc...
Just like programs as Virtual Clone Drive can simulate a DVD-drive

PS. If there is, I don't know what it is called or anything ;)

xinput? I've used it with steam games to get my Rumblepad to work. Pretty straightforward in that case, but yours? ??

Hi, I tried to play the game (after a long time). Pedals and shifter CSP v2 & CSS Fanatec were working as wheel 1 & wheel 2, but my Direct Drive Wheel (Mige+Simucube) had a huge (undrivable) deadzone.
Any ideas how to fix it?

On latest update, I can't figure out how to configure separate wheel, pedals and shifter. The game sees all three, but will not use more than one at at time. Or, I have to figure-out how to remove button mappings that conflict with each other. For example, there is a default brake and accelerator in my wheel and there is one in my pedals. The game seems confused about which one to use and I don't see a way for the user to map them or get rid of the ones that should not be used.

The problem is that the game tries to be clever and automatically binds the most common inputs, however when you're using multiple controllers the game can't tell which one is which, causing conflicting bogus bindings.

As a workaround go the controller bindings in the Settings/Controls menu, browse through the controller devices and click the "Unbind All" button, then manually add the input mappings you need for each device.

A basic guide to setting up controls for WreckFest.

Jannes BB the BugBear Developer posted these messages at the WreckFest forum an RaceDepartment , these should help to avoid any confusion.

Note as of today's date subject to fixes. (PB)

Jannes BB
The problem is that the game tries to be clever and automatically binds the most common inputs, however when you're using multiple controllers the game can't tell which one is which, causing conflicting bogus bindings.
As a workaround go the controller bindings in the Settings/Controls menu, browse through the controller devices and click the "Unbind All" button, then manually add the input mappings you need for each device.

So just remember to scroll top to bottom on controls screens to check button bindings

For extreme cases you use this suggestion
Jannes BB
Hmm first, navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[YOUR USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access", look for the folder "controllers" and delete it.
Next, launch the game and go to Settings/Controls and browse through all your controllers except keyboard and click on Unbind All.

After that is done, bind the controls you need, one at a time, for correct controllers.

My settings are below Thrustmaster TX - T3PA Pedals - G27 Shift

Attachments

• Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-40-19 new.jpg
    Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-40-19 new.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-51-13 new1.jpg
    Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-51-13 new1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-58-61 new2.jpg
    Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 11-03-58-61 new2.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Super stuff made it a sticky

This is what i have working in game.
mouse + keyboard
t500 wheel
fanatec v2 peddles
fanetec handbrake
th8a shifter
MFD button box thing
ms contoller.

all working fine and no conflicts. And even if that order fires up differently on start up all in game control's still work..some of the older sims cant do this and i need to rearrange the order to get it all to work again.:)

A basic guide to a wheel setup.
Note : Thrustmaster TX @900 + T3PA pedals

As we all know the FFB an FOV have split most sim community's, here's something just to get you started. The game is still in Alpha but has a good baseline FFB at present.

Attachments

• Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 12-05-08-30 new6.jpg
    Wreckfest_x64 2017-12-18 12-05-08-30 new6.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 1,876

Mouse control keeps breaking down. Cursor becomes invisible. Tried the above. Works for a few minutes, then problem returns. No pedals or controls depressed/activated. Cheers.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%