Wreckers

J

James Cathers

• James Cathers

I've done 4 races this morning, and i've been leading all 4, and ive been blatantly taken off track by wreckers who I hadnt done anything to all morning. I'm about ready to uninstall Race and start playing iRacing or something else thats not loaded with douchebags. anybody else noticed the high percentage of useless, slow people that play this game?

NFS Shift will increase the amount of wreckers by 500%.

The game actually rewards you for smashing into people.

When you start your career, you tell the game what kind of driver you are. I can't remember the name they use, but one of the options is "wrecker"; i.e. your driving style is smashing through the grid, wrecking cars out of your way.

And you get points and rewards for driving like that.

How many kids out there are going to pick the wrecker for their career? Damn near all of them.

It's going to be a nightmare on the servers.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/need-speed-shift-ps3/20898-need-speed-shift-preview.html

Now, one of the best features we heard about the game was its online matchmaking system. During offline races the game will track and measure your style of racing using two characteristic traits: aggression and precision. Based on your driving style, the game will matchmake and drop you into a group of racers most closely related to your driving. Of course, if you don't wish to partake in the matchmaking, you don't have to, it's purely optional.

if you don't wish to partake in the matchmaking, you don't have to, it's purely optional

Sounded good until that last line. If it's optional, then wreckers can join any server?

Or even make a "clean" driving profile just so they can get into "clean" servers to wreck them.

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic :)

• Ariff Roose

I've had that too. except I was running 10th of 25th at Istanbul in a BMW 320si and overtook 9th place and when I just took ninth place, at turn thirteen ready to brake he knocked me into the barrier with me suffering suspension problems, lost rear bumper & front bumper & punctured tyres and dissapointing race getting stared at by the words staring at me: "Damage not repairable - Race Over"

I hate them..:bad:

I have no comment on this that I have not already voiced and got (almost) into trouble for - all Ican say is Wrecker Alert! and Public Server Invasion!......Oh and Abdul if their racist their stupid, rise above and carry on being the better man that we KNOW you are M8.

Well, yesterday i had my way with one wrecker. Joined a random server with caterhams in monz junior. Started 1st, although i never drove a caterham before, and took off. The 1st 3 laps were good, kept incresing my lead. Call me lucky and you won't make a mistake, i started drifting towards the wall in the 1st corner and out from it, comes a furious, enraged guy heading for me, he kept on going in a straight line, and i ended up drifting around the corner AND him xD he tried the same thing next lap on a straight, but ended up in a wall.

So from what i experienced, wrekers are actually good, occasionally, they drastically help you hone your evasive skills and also give you a good laugh when they fail :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back