WRC Style paddle shifter

Hey guys,

Im making a WRC style paddle shifter (big arse single paddle that move forward and backward.).
and ive hit a mental block in the design process and was wondering if anyone might have any ideas or anyone has made one before.

ok for the details of the opp,
im making a detachable mod for my G25 ive got the paddle itself cutout of aluminium and i cant figure out how to mount it to the G25 wheel base (not the wheel as it would defeat the purpose of making a WRC style padle) I want it to be basicly easy to remove so i can change to my other shifter paddles without having to pul the whole thing apart (im fine with removing the wheel to put the existing paddles back in as it is now).
what im having trouble with is a functional way of moutning it with 2 buttons to operate the the shifting.

now i figure the easiest way to remove the conection to the buttons is with a simple 3 pin connector (im using a sterio audio jack for this) so ive got the electronic side of it covered.

any serious ideas are welcome and i would be more than open to some pics to show what your trying to describe or to show what uve made.

now i dont know if it makes any difference but im running a larger wheel with the chilicoke wheel mod.

I think you'll want a pivot point in the middle of the stalk that connects the paddle to the mechanism, so that by operating the paddle back and forth each operate a different button.

Horrible text example:

==)
^
Pivot at the arrow. Buttons at the opposite end to the paddle.

Upvote 0
gw73q.jpg

Something like above on both side of the paddle for up shifting and downshifting.

Upvote 0
I think you'll want a pivot point in the middle of the stalk that connects the paddle to the mechanism, so that by operating the paddle back and forth each operate a different button.
Horrible text example:
==)
^
Pivot at the arrow. Buttons at the opposite end to the paddle.

yep i kinda get what u mean.
also the longer i can make the distace between the pivot point and the paddle the batter it will work.

These aren't WRC-like paddles. But are slightly larger compared to the stock G25/G27 ones. But may give you ideas to go with.
http://chilicoke.com/logitechwheel/paddles.htm
lol
yeah ive made some paddles almost the same as those to fit the larger wheel, but unfortunatly its not what im after.

Something like above on both side of the paddle for up shifting and downshifting.

yeah ill use a button of some desciption on both sides to handle the up and down movements to shift.

Keep the ideas coming guys

Upvote 0
Not absolutely sure how the housing is on the G25, but I would imagine there is room to mount a bracket off the top fastened in a couple of places with an angle bracket for stability. If you don't like the off the top idea, then off the bottom would work just as well.

Another option for mounting point would be to utilize the bolt setup that exists already for hardmounting the G25 to a desk. If this would be an issue for wheel angle, you can always add bolts on the back too, to level it back out.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing