WRC: Latvala "I am going to the rallies to win"

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Dppi_01113001_239-552x368.jpg
Jari-Matti Latvala is feeling more prepared as ever, as the Greek rally approaches.

The Finn has been struggling to find pace in his Volkswagen Polo R WRC, managing to pick up third place twice in five rallies. Compared to the rest of the field, Jari sits 4th, however his French teammate Sébastien Ogier is P1 with three wins and two second places.

"For the first time this week, I won't be going to a rally thinking about how will the car be or how to drive the car," said Latvala.

"For the first time, I'm going to a rally this year and just thinking about the driving and the fighting now.

"I am going to the rallies to win them now and hopefully on the Acropolis I can take that one step further."

Jari has been rallying in the WRC since 2002, peaking in the 2010 season finishing second with the BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally team.

"Sebastien Ogier is very strong and he's have a really good season so far," said Latvala. "All year he will be a strong man to beat. It's a bit like fighting with Sebastien Loeb - to beat them you need everything to fit together.

"In Argentina, when I was hesitating on the first day and then when I had a small problem with the handbrake, then straight away I was losing time.

The 28 year old came 3rd at the Acropolis last year, and will be looking to best his result in the coming weekend. However, he is up against some tough competition, Yari's stablemate Ogier won in 2010.

"Basically, to beat Ogier, I need to have the same spirit that I had on the final day in Argentina for the whole of the rally.

"That is the only way you can win against him, you have to be on your best level constantly.

"When you are in the same car, it comes down to the little things like how good the notes are and things like that. I want to start in Greece how I finished in Argentina."
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years