• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured WRC 7 Update Released

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,330
    WRC 7 Updated 3.jpg
    Kylotonn Racing Games and Bigben Interactive have released a new patch for WRC 7, the latest official World Rally Championship racing game.

Released for PlayStation 4 today, the new patch for WRC adds a few minor visual improvements and corrections from the initial launch build, however some users are still reporting issues with some of the visual aspects of the title, such as stuttering and misplaced objects on a number of the stages in game.

Released back on September 15th to PC, with console versions of the title following just a short while afterwards, WRC 7 marks a reasonable improvement over earlier entries into the official World Rally Championship game franchise. Airing more on the side of casual gaming than Codemasters DiRT Rally offering from 2015, nevertheless WRC 7 has proven to present a popular and entertaining rally experience for fans of loose surface driving. With tighter stages than have ever been present in official WRC games previously, the atmosphere and stage designs within WRC 7 offer an impressive sight when out on the roads in game.

Featuring the official WRC field from 2017, complete with the new more aggressive regulation set employed by the real world WRC, plus a nod back to previous generation cars with some of the 2016 specification machines also included in the base package, plus all the official rallies of 2017, one thing is for sure the new game certainly offers plenty of content for gamers to get their teeth into once out on stage.

UPDATE: The following text is lies, lies I tell you, LIES! Sorry my bad, this happens when one uses incorrect knowledge that in my own mind was correct, hence the lack of a need to actually research! Sorry :) - In other WRC news, the studio recently released the below trailer for the new Toyota Yaris WRC, a car originally available as part of a pre-order package offer and now due to be made available as additional DLC content in the coming weeks.

You can catch up on the latest PS4 patch details below, with a potential release to Xbox One and PC not yet confirmed by the developers.

Update notes
    • Improved rendering in Splitscreen mode
    • Visual improvements on several game interfaces
    • Improvements to cockpit HUD
    • Camera settings will no longer be reset at the beginning of each race
    • An issue that caused the wrong car to be displayed in the headquarters has been fixed
    • Corrected Typos
    • Increased smoke effect on opponent ghost in splitscreen
    • Updated credits
    • Corrected Spanish welcome message
    • Several achievement and accomplishments bugs have been fixed
    • An issue that made the Hyundai the default car has been fixed

WRC 7 retails for around £34.99 on Steam and Xbox One, PlayStation 4.

WRC 7 Update.jpg WRC 7 Updated 2.jpg WRC 7 Updated 4.jpg

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

How are you finding the latest build of WRC 7? Does the game meet your expectations? Are you enjoying the new rally title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +310
    Hate to be a buzzkill but the Yaris was a pre-order bonus for WRC 6, not WRC 7.

3. Chobonator

Chobonator
    Banned

Ratings:
    +114
    They also added the mention of Denuvo on the store page.

4. tonio duran

tonio duran

Ratings:
    +6
    And the handbrake is not going to fix it, it's incredible, it's like I had to stretch it and do the opposite. I do not understand what those physicals are afterwards. No support for fanaleds slimax manager pro and more .....

5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,330
    Hey, good spot fella! Thanks :)

6. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +48
    love it.......:thumbsup:

7. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    Best thing that happened since RBR !

Totally addictive !

Haven't tried it with the latest patch but if they have solved the stuttering I'm quitting my day time job ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,028
    I was kinda confused about why there seems to be no update for me, and then I finally noticed this is PS4 only. It would be nice if the platform in question would be a bit more visible for posts like this, perhaps even included in the headline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. formidable

formidable
    Banned

Ratings:
    +29
    DLC cars for a championship car? WTF!?

10. Martin Larsen

Martin Larsen

Ratings:
    +153
    The toyota is not a DLC, it is in the game. It is just a toyota trailer now on release in the Americas because they have allready a Ford trailer and many videos based on the Citroen with Lefebvre so this time they focused on the Toyota.

So it's in the game, no DLC it is only for WRC 6 it was a DLC

11. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    Would it kill you to inform us in the heading that this is for PS4 ?

12. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +999
    Hey give the guy a break. You know manners and being polite cost nothing and give people a better impression of you. Martins post above (which you agreed with) was the right way to highlight the oversight.

Thanks for all the news articles you write for RaceDepartment @Paul Jeffrey . Helps me keep informed and I'm sure it takes up a lot of your free time.

We appreciate it :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 3
  13. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    When you read a heading like that you immediately think it's PC or all platforms and people in charge ought to know that !

FYI: It's not about being impolite you just need to get yourself a sense of humor and stop being everybody's dad, OK

Life is too short for PS4 crap ;)

• Sad Sad x 1
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,330
    Well tbh I kinda thought the second sentence that reads
    would give the game away as to the update platform :)

Thank you @Nobkins for the post btw, although @69Harder kinda indicated in the following post he was writing in jest, the initial post from him did read like he was a bit of a ... errr, less polite type of chap :)

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,330
    Also the oversight was corrected yesterday, so again in the actual article itself it tells you the Toyota isn't DLC...

16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,330
    Still, this is probably the most comments a WRC 7 article has generated, so it isn't all bad then :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +999
    Ahh..... twas the bantz that made him appear rude.

I should have spotted the smiley faces.... no there were none.... Ahh the joking tone.... nah that was missing. Never mind. These youthful bantz look like fun but I am just a beginner and I'm not sure if my my bantz skill has any chance against my dad'ness

Incoming bantz ;) (note winking emoji to indicate incoming joviality)
    It's ok @69Harder. I am incredibly pleased to be able to say you are not my son...... although I am probably old enough to be your dad.

Enjoy this classic tune.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    If the heading has said anything about PS4 I would have never clicked it ;)

I'm a really nice guy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    i really love this game, and devs have even made a public beta client for testing. Seems that they truly do care. :)

20. Gaudin

Gaudin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Lets hope the next WRC title will fully support VR - on PS AND PC