• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured WRC 7 to Feature Porsche 911 R-GT as Pre Order Bonus

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,476
    WRC 7 Porsche Pre Order Bonus Car.jpg
    Lesser known in rallying circles, the Porsche 911 R-GT has been confirmed as a special pre order bonus for gamers purchasing WRC 7 before release later in the year.

The car, driven by WEC regular twice Le Mans winner Romain Dumas in the recently launched FIA R-GT Cup, is a high performance, rear wheel drive, GT3 specification rally machine that looks set to form, at the very least, the main R-GT Cup content in the new WRC rally game franchise. Designed as an open rally series for GT3 specification rally cars and endorsed by the governing body of world motorsport the FIA, the R-GT Cup is most regularly found competing on tarmac stages of the European and World Rally Championship throughout the world.

Open only to two wheel drive cars (rear driven as a preference, of course), the R-GT cup makes for an interesting mix of GT spec racing vehicles with rally specific modifications, introducing some unique and lesser seen specification of cars such as the 911 and Fiat 124, to compete competitively on rally stages.

Sadly for the long term hopes of the series, participation hasn't been as strong as the organisers would initially have liked to see. With a debut season in 2015 producing only a limited number of participants across the rounds at Rallye Monte-Carlo, Ypres Rally, Rallye Deutschland, Rallye International du Valais and Tour de Corse, with championship victory achieved by French rally legend and the all round spectacular François Delecour in a Porsche 997, 2016 would see the series put on temporary hold until more enterants could be found for the following years.

2017 would see minor interest rekindle in this potentially spectacular idea, with four drivers, including Dumas in the 911 R-GT and Delecour in a Fiat 124 R-GT, taking part in the season opening Monte-Carlo rally.

Making a first appearance in an officially licenced World Rally Championship game, the Dumas raced 911 R-GT will be made available to players who pre order WRC 7 for either console or PC, and will presumably be made available as paid DLC later in the lifespan of the new title.

WRC 7 will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 2017.

WRC 7 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 1.jpg WRC 7 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2.jpg

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

Interested in the new game? Happy to see the R-GT series get some officially licenced love in WRC7? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow Wow x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  2. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +139
    I'm happy to see R-GT getting some love :)

Still not expecting greatness from the game, mind....

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +404
    I am a simple man

I see a porsche

I am interested

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +8
    Porsche?...I'm in! Finally someone including the right cars, need BMW as well and the other greats...Lancia etc...

5. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +78
    Probably the most interesting preorder bonus of recent years.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Tripokaridos

Tripokaridos

Ratings:
    +19
    pre order ? nope thanks... previous WRC games was disasters with t300rs

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JPL083

JPL083

Ratings:
    +56
    I was at Rally Finland last saturday, there was a stand with at least 12 sim-benche's with Thrustmaster-wheel's, and WRC-7 to try out, some Spanish or Italian guys or something like that was running the whole thing. Line's was always just so long that i wasn't able to try it, Later free seat's but too drunk to get on the bench, laying on the ground was just nice lol. But the game looked quite good overall, i have seen WRC 4/5 last time live. But yeah, dont know much about the handling and so, looked kinda same like in the past, semi arcade. Still majorly done more like console's and controller's in mind.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,007
    :laugh:

Just because of Porsche? What I want to know is whether these Forza imitators have finally gotten a hold of a decent physics package.

9. dynt

dynt
    RDRC Rally Champion

Ratings:
    +28
    This game with the bits i have seen looks like it may have some promise, but it would be nice to have some varied hard ware support, not just basically thrustmaster or nothing.

10. travzy

travzy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Has it been a year since wrc 6 already

11. RufGTI

RufGTI

Ratings:
    +34
    I absolutely love that car. I hope the Abarth 124 RGT is included as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner
    Sector3 Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +605
    If they would confirm support for multiple controller devices, i would consider pre-ordering.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +6
    The WRC games is a disgrace to the sport !

• Sad Sad x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. XRRoy

XRRoy
    Vintage Tin Can Roller Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Oh so they're going to put a Porsche rally car in Milestone WRC.
    F**k me.

15. Ricky78

Ricky78

Ratings:
    +78
    Since WRC 5 the series is developed by Kylotonn, instead Milestone released Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  16. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +353
    Is this F1 2017 method ? Legend car(s) stuff ?
    Whatever, I would prefer Subaru Impreza wrx sti and/or Mitsubishi Lancer evo instead. Preferably "and".
    [​IMG]
    :inlove:

• Haha Haha x 1
  17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, WRC 6 did get multiple device support in one of the patches, so I guess it'd be safe to assume WRC 7 is going to support it as well.

18. DeVxC

DeVxC

Ratings:
    +4
    He we go... again. Pre-order now you will get some car, who cares if game will be good or not. "You know I play WRC6 it was good so WRC7 will be too" just like Dirt 2 was good so is Dirt Showdown oh wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. XRRoy

XRRoy
    Vintage Tin Can Roller Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Doesn't make any difference, they're all garbage.