• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

WRC 7 Released for PC - Console to Follow Next Week

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,318
    WRC 7 Released - Credit Tony Vidal.jpg
    The latest official World Rally Championship videogame has released today on the PC platform, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions to follow early next week.

Eagerly anticipated by the rally racing game community, the new WRC title appears to be a considerable step towards a more realistic rally experience than has been the case with previous editions of the series, and as such the game carries with it high expectations from fans hopeful of a realistic challenger to the current DiRT Rally stranglehold on the off road racing game marketplace.

Containing all the official cars, drivers and events of the 2017 FIA World Rally Championship, plus the cars of the previous generation 2016 season, the new game appears to be packed full of enough content to keep rally fans occupied for the foreseeable future.

In addition to the representation of the new for 2017 WRC regulations, the developers of WRC 7 have also apparently made considerable efforts to better reflect the dangers and complexity of real world rally stages, with tighter roads and more trackside obstacles, the visuals at least on WRC 7 look like something of a step up from the previous games.

WRC 7 retails for £34.99 on Steam and console editions of the game will be made available from next week.

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

Have you tried the new game? What are your initial impressions? Rival for DiRT Rally? Sim or Arcade? Let us know in the comments section below!

picture credit - Tony Vidal

• Like Like x 2
  2. Goozys

Goozys

Ratings:
    +116
    First impressions?
    The best WRC game so far... since old WRC games on Sony Playstation.

Sim or Arcade?
    Definitely arcade... but with a good vibrations! :)

Rival for DiRT Rally?
    Definitely no...

Rival for DiRT 4?
    Hell yeah!! IMO in almost every aspects.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,461
    Better than Richard Burn Rally? Seriousy doubt regarding physics.
    But if you are saying its an arcade, then we cannot even compare them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jamie Blewitt

Jamie Blewitt

Ratings:
    +60
    Has anyone got the game to work with two or more USB devices yet? If so how? I can't get it to pick up my Clubsport V3 pedals as axis, rather it sees them as buttons. Kind of sucks have on/off throttle and brakes!

• Like Like x 1
  5. shimon.ifraimov

shimon.ifraimov

Ratings:
    +78
    physics experts saying its arcade game incoming...
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Sad Sad x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum

Ratings:
    +42
    Wheel implementation seems to be a quick 'n' dirty Copy 'n' Paste!
    The faster the car, the less responsive is the steering!!
    Might be good with a Controller, but definitelly not with a Wheel.

Better than Dirt4?
    No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hodge like

hodge like

Ratings:
    +50
    I'm a wheel user primarily however I am enjoying using the pad in chase cam. If FFB could be improved that would be just splendid haha

8. DrKruntz

DrKruntz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    My first impression about this WRC7 game is very good but unfortunately the force feedback and the hardness of the steering wheel is too soft, even by setting its two options to 100%.
    I hope very soon it is possible to be able to intervene in some way otherwise it is not easy to find the right feeling with my Logitech G27.
    RBR and DiRT Rally are still the best for me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete.. Premium

Ratings:
    +329
    Hey two games released on the PC this week that they shouldn't of wasted their time on..:speechless:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +70
    How one can compare mainstream title with RBR?
    I'll give it a go soon, from what I've heard the steering and throttle input are quite intuitive, that alone will outdo D4 for me.

11. HoiHman

HoiHman

Ratings:
    +177
    People have been complaining about this since WRC1 and they still haven't added multi peripheral support :poop::poop: After six mediocre predecessors i don't get that people are still falling this

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +378
    I really wonder... I mean, look at this trailer - it's full of TV cameras replay, right ?
    And when you watch replay in game... dear Lord... it's full of those stupid cam angles of cam mounted inside and outside of the car. Wish I could slap them ...really hard.
    Is it that hard to realize that we want as close as real life experience of watching TV coverage of real rally ? All other racing games already got it, just these guys... :alien:
    Thank you for your opinion. And what is your problem exactly ? Game isn't Dirt rally ? Or the one and only great Richard Burns rally ? You can always play those two, don't bash the game for others, we're not all like you. Although I personally love those two... sometimes I want something ...different. And official. Don't be ...obsolete. :D

And, all, please - stop trying to compare it with RBR. It's pointless.
    I was rolling my eyes when people tried to compare Dirt rally and Dirt 4 and express their disappointment of Dirt 4 not live up with their expectations.
    Dirt 4 is successor of Dirt 3, not DR.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  13. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +70
    I see the progress, and it is huge.
    The timeframe for the development seems very tight, who knows, maybe so the budget and official requirements. I just hope they can fix it more over the year or next title.

14. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +555
    Hi HoiHman! Is it possible to combine other peripherals with the AF in SC4 to show in the game as a single input device? I've never tried that but, it seems like there may be some possibilities depending on the actual controllers being used.

I also wonder if the "RFPE" plug-in is useful in this case as with SLRE?

15. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +378

Fun enough for me. :giggle:
    23 kilometers. 14 minutes.
    To be completely honest... it's even a bit too long compared to "longer rally stages" that I've dream of. :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    We've already been having a discussion about this in the WRC area of the forum. Good of the RD team to add a news article.

Actually, you know I expected to find an awful excuse for a rally game, I've actively avoided this series in the past, but WRC 7 is a decent game.

Summarising what I've already posted:

Stutter free both single player and online (lots of complaints of this), even with all the 4k bling on the game is solid.

Wheel FFB is just fine, easily a match for DiRT 4. No match at all for the best sims. 7/10 - good enough.

Graphics and recreation of the real environments - awesome. 10/10 Mexico is particularly stunning. The game feels quite alive, moving spectators and garage staff, it certainly has an atmosphere that DiRT 4 lacked.

Gameplay, fully playable game and quite addictive starting in the R2 cars, online produces some good battles. The damage/repair system works well. I haven't reached the point where the game will let me fettle the setups so I don't know how much difference that will make. Oldschool but effective. 7/10.

Handling, always subjective but the cars slide nicely, are recoverable and there is plenty of feedback through the TX458 wheel. 8/10 enjoyable.

For me with a few hours in the game, it's a recommend if you like rally games at this point, there is enough here to justify the price and well it feels right. I enjoyed DiRT 4 and completed everything in that game, currently, I'd say I'm enjoying this ever so slightly much more.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +378
    Stutter fix (found on www):

Most of the stuttering issues are fixed with simple tweak.
    Make sure you start your game with Windowed or Borderless Windowed Mode, after go to menu just press Alt+Enter to go to full screen.
    Make sure you have V-Sync on in game options (I'm use A option).
    Don't tweak WRC 7 in your graphic drivers controll panel and don't use software like Riva Tuner Server Statistic! Game is not responding after limiting framerate!

It won't hurt to try it out... :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +70
    How does it go with Gsync? 144 hz monitor here, i'd like to cap it to 120 fps.

19. Puduku

Puduku
    Premium

Ratings:
    +35
    You seem to ignore or overlook the fact that the devs sold Dirt 4 saying that Dirt Rally fans will feel at home and even better in simulation mode. Considering that comparing them is more than to be expected..
    Anyway on topic:
    I have 82 minutes in WRC 7 and my first impression is that it looks good. I really enjoyed the visuals. With tridef 3D it makes it even more eye candy ( and default profile works perfectly btw). Runs very smoothly in 3D on 970 + i2600k.
    Handling/ physics seems to be an improvement from WRC 6 but not that much. I need more time to find out how much driving pleasure can be had. WRC6 lasted only 6 hours for me because of that, I hope this one does better.
    The biggest disappointment for me so far is FFB. On my T300 it s awful. I don't feel the car at all. Just some mess from the road bumps.. Might be some heavy clipping going on but there is only 2 options in the menu and they are both stuck for me..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cristiano Vaccarini

Cristiano Vaccarini

Ratings:
    +2
    Rival for Real Rally??
    100% No ;)
    But i'm not happy for this.
    really want to move Real Rally to another DX engine.

BTW i have tried WRC 7 and for me is very bad.
    Just the graphics is good.

• Agree Agree x 1