• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured WRC 7 PS4 Edition Updated

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,016
    WRC 7 PS4 Update.jpg
    The seventh edition of the popular World Rally Championship videogame has received a new update, but only on PlayStation 4...

Patched to version 1.3 earlier today, the very compact little update for Sony PlayStation 4 console versions of the title looks to address a few more minor points of concern around the game. Easily the most noteworthy of the changes (unless you a big fan of the Citroen logo) will be the Fanatec game crash issue fix, deployed in the hopes of eradicating an occasional issue where the game would freeze and become unplayable when using one of the German steering wheels. Although reportedly not an issue for all Fanatec PS4 users, it will be interesting to see if the developers have managed to resolve this difficult to replicate issue with the new build.

PS4 WRC 7 Update Notes V1.3
    • The Citro├źn logo has been updated.
    • Wrong text alignment in the UI has been fixed.
    • Fix a crash that could occurr when using Fanatec steering wheels.
    • Helicopter pathfinding has been improved
    • European and Asian version only: Korean language has been added to the game.

WRC 7 can be purchased for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam PC now.

Want news? Like chat? WRC 7 player and fan or just curious? If these statements apply to you then you really need to check out our RaceDepartment WRC 7 Sub Forum for all the latest and greatest from this off road rally game...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

How are your experiences with WRC 7 so far? Enjoying the game? What would you like the developers to address next with the title? Let us know in the comments section below

Image Credit: Twitter user @Kezza_Blair

2. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +75
    Update is also on PC.

3. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    Not much of an update !

They need to fix real bugs and flaws like these :

1. Stutter and micro freezes happens occasionally and also some screen tearing.If I use vsync the stuttering gets even worse but screen tearing are basically gone.

2. Force Feedback is completely lost when starting a stage and the only way to get it back is to restarting the stage. Happens randomly

3. Fix the driver view so we don't have to set it every single time we drive a stage ( Should be a global setting that you simply set and forget )!

4. Floating objects ( Stones on the road and cars off the road hanging in the air ) !

5. Damage being far to forgiving !

6. The gear Ratio explanation in the Transmission setup page is reversed (+ is - and vice versa ) !

7. Ghosts -Sometimes you can load them and sometimes you can't and when you can, the top 20 are the only available !

8. Car setups ! As for now it's just possible to have one (1) setup per country ?There should be at least one per stage/car

9. XBOX icons in a PC game, Please replace the XBOX icons !

4. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +721
    yep, steam patched yesterday as well. the two things that need addressing next are: the x-box icons and the quite monotonous co-driver voice (German edition). seems like i have been lucky to have not met the dreaded ffb bug yet, fingers crossed.

5. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +373
    WRC 7 is a good game, no doubt, but looking at this trailer (and probably all they have made) there is about 95% of TV CAMERAS and only about 5% of on board (amazingly not single one of those silly silly "Go-Pro cams":poop:) and in their game situation is reversed - during the replay you say see about 5% of TV cameras and 95% of those on board and idiotic Go-Pro cams.

So I just have to wonder... it almost seems like THEY KNOW that real rally replay should have tv cams (as you see in real tv coverage) so they try to cover their bad bad in game decision.
    Really... watching a replay is real pain in this game, so uninteresting.
    Like they didn't saw real tv coverage, ever ?!

For Gods sake... even ancient R. Burns rally did it, decades ago. Why didn't they learn from that masterpiece... dunno.... :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +268
    0:17 look like the car is on rails through the corner. He goes so deep but have no issue taking the corner. Like the car weigh 100kg. Looks like Dirt Rally feels on tarmac. :D

How does it stack up for those that have Dirt Rally and this title?

7. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    FYI: @ 0:17 seems like slowmotion !

WRC 7 is a completely different ball game than anything coming from Codies !

No doubt WRC 7 becomes the new standard since RBR once they fix the minor bugs and flaws.

Only thing not on par with RBR so far is the damage model. the rest is better IMO.

I have owned every rally game/sim since mid 90' and only WRC 7 and RBR still lives on my SSD.

WRC 7 is the most addictive game I have ever played ! ( Haven't played AC, PC2 or Automobilista since they released the 1.2 patch )

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  8. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +373
    Are you kidding ?
    I've said that WRC 7 is a good game, "WRC 7 is a good game, no doubt" I said but comparing it with RBR and to declare that "it will be better than RBR after fixing a few minor bugs and flaws"!?? is ...feel almost like a blasphemy, in lack of better words. :)
    And I won't talk again about replay system that in RBR is a few minor light years ahead, but let's talk about feel you get from those tires in RBR, feel like you standing on your dear Planer Earth on ALL FOUR wheels, feeling that car really rotates around all of them. And that car is, because of that, so goddamn hard to control, but boy... when you finally manage to do it - it's so so rewarding.
    Put together one whole stage (even as small as "rally school" stage;)) in RBR really does feel like some sort of life achievement, like you just have crush some extra hard exam you've been preparing for months...
    I know I've feel it like that thanks to RBR.
    Many times.
    But more times I've feel like I could/should have done better. And all the beauty is that RBR is such a game ...you just can't be mad at, if you have IQ above 44 - you know that it's not up to the game, you have made mistake and that's it.
    You've pushed too hard and have gone above the limits of natural laws.

In WRC 7, do I get those feelings ?
    No, to be honest.

But like I said... it's a good game... :D

9. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    No not joking at all in fact RBRs road-feel is pretty mediocre when you compare it to modern sims !
    I have been playing RBR since 2004 and it never gets old but right now I feel WRC 7 tops it and have made me an addict and I just love how you can throw the cars trough corners and as I said before WRC 7 really shines when you're racing on the limit.

FYI: rally cars are NOT hard to control when driving normally, It's when you drive them at the limit it becomes hard !

Both games/sims have a steep learning curve especially if you are used to playing arcade games and I agree that it is a really nice feeling of achievement when you after many many hours feel that you finally nailed something like taking nice fast hairpins.

Things that WRC 7 does better than RBR IMO ;)

Graphics+ Fx
    Sounds
    Road-feel
    Stages
    FFB
    Career

Things that RBR does better than WRC 7
    IMO ;)
    Damage
    Replay

So it's an easy pick what game/sim I boot up to get my daily Rally fix :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,064
    Well I agree to an extent with the above. I love my rallye sims and have done since PC games were invented. For me at the moment I love RBR and always have done since it came out, but it's even better for me now since I use the RBR 2016 MOD. The handling and driving is much improved, slightly more forgiving with more grip. The replays are still the best too.

WR7 is quite good. The graphics are great, the handling is quite good. Obviously the FFB is better than RBR. But the replays are pants and that spoils the whole thing for me.

My new king of the dirt is Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo. The last few days I have spent many hours on it and it gets better and better. The graphics are superb and the replays are almost RBR quality. I also love unlocking the Loeb cars and I am yet to even start a career or championship. The physics are the best of all though. It feels natural and it feels like a remastered RBR to me. The stages are nice. I normally don't like places like Monte Carlo but the transition from smooth wet tarmac to ice and snow is sublime.

11. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi there !

I could never get my Handbrake to work in SLRE so I had to uninstall it cause rally without a handbrake is pointless !

Whats your setup for SLRE ?

Cheers :)

12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,064
    @69Harder I use a button on my T500 wheel. It works well enough for me. There is magic point that you learn when to apply it. It takes some getting used to but I manage to use it and get that back end swinging around.

13. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    Reminds me, before I had a real handbrake with RBR I used the clutch pedal as a handbrake and it worked out great but having a real lever ( Fanatec HB ) to pull is really the best way to get a real rally experience !

Milestones haven't got the best reputation when it comes to fixing things that are obvious for the end users !

14. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +721
    at least on the g27, wrc7 is still far far away from rbr. except for snow and mud in dirt rally, no other rally game i have played since rbr made me feel i actually have four individual but connected wheels on the ground rather than a floaty plane which shakes this way and that. i still think it's a fun game and i have no regrets buying or playing it, but as for the feel (at least on the g27) rbr beats it by a long shot, i feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12

Well RBR only have one slider ( If I remember correctly ) for FFB which makes it far less complicated !

What settings do you have in game for WRC 7 ?

I use these:

FFB Level: 35
    FFB Vib Level: 100
    Spring Force: 70
    Shock Absorber Force: 70
    Constant Force: 75
    Friction Vibation: 55
    Engine Vibration: 30
    Impact Vibration: 35

Fanatec Property page:
    Damping: 100

Wheel:
    Spring: 50
    Damper: 50

------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit

Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe
    GPU: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB
    CPU: Intel Core I7-4790K
    RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro DDR3 2X8 GB
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO

------------------------------------------------------------

Fanatec CSW 1.5
    Fanatec CS Pedals V2
    Fanatec Handbrake V1
    Fanatec CSL Seat

16. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +721
    @RaptorInMotion gave me these great g27 settings and so far i have stuck by them. i might go back to 540 degrees though and soften it up a tiny bit elsewhere. too lazy to do that atm, though:

For profiler:

Overall: 100
    Spring: 100
    Damper: 0

Unticked
    Centering: 0

unticked
    Rotation: 470 degrees

unticked

For in-game:

Accel Sens: 20%
    Dead zone: 0%
    Brake Sens: 50%
    Dead zone: 0%
    Steering sens: 50%
    dead zone: 0%
    Max wheel angle: 470

FFB Level: 60%
    Level of FFB Vibration: 90%
    Spring: 70%
    Shock: 75%
    Constant: 85%
    Friction: 70%
    Engine: 60%
    Impact: 100%

17. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    It would be interesting if you could try my FFB settings and take it for a spin on the second stage Novella at Tour De Force which is a very bumpy stage !

FYI: The Novella stage is good for setting up FFB ingame !

18. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +373
    That's a lot of spring. :cool: