• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

WRC 7 is now out!

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by DKOliver, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    WRC 7 is out now on Steam and probably also other platforms. Share your opinions in this thread

2. MegamanAT

MegamanAT
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    Don't waste your time and money! Crappy **** once again! Unfortunately, I was so stupid to preorder this bs :-(. Wasted 20€. Uninstalled after 10min. FF is a joke (T300), as well as the physics. Feels like driving with a Xbox-controller translated to a steering wheel. Worse than Dirt 4. So it seems like I have to stick with DR once again (100h+). This game is a joke!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimiTES

jimiTES

Ratings:
    +0
    Think the same about de FF, absolutely a joke.

The hype and the bought reviewers like Team VVV, made me lose 20€. He said that the game feels right at the wheel... come on!!!!

4. MegamanAT

MegamanAT
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    yeah. I have just unsubscribed from his f****** youtube channel.

5. Sascha Guenther

Sascha Guenther

Ratings:
    +97
    So the FFB is the same as in WRC 6 or even worse? I felt like Floating over the ground with my T300RS, and hate the generic effects it generates.

6. MegamanAT

MegamanAT
    Premium

Ratings:
    +48
    I would say it is worse. Played with sensitivity but did not help.

7. Sascha Guenther

Sascha Guenther

Ratings:
    +97
    Steering sensivity I had at 25%, with FFB effects set to 15% while FFB strength set to 35% (at 90% in profiler).

8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +3,047
    When are people going to realize that any studio or dev team that employ so called experts or other celebs to promote a game that they will always praise it and promote it. They are paid to do so. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. function9

function9

Ratings:
    +81
    Unfortunately probably around the same time people stop believing in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, religion, etc. 2017 and we're just as gullible as people were 2000yrs ago, I'd say even more so.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,047
    I agree. I stopped believing in Santa, the Easter Bunny and God about the same time when I was 12 I think. So I'm ahead of the curve in that respect. ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,731
    But behind it in so many others:p

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Jamie Blewitt

Jamie Blewitt

Ratings:
    +54
    Bought it on steam to see if it was any good, can refund if required. Was not expecting it to be amazing but did expect a solid rally title.

In some ways it is ok, the graphics are pretty good, the stages are much more interesting to drive compared to dirt 4. Obviously the new wrc cars are cool and the sounds are decent.

A few fairly unforgivable issues which may or may not be patched. Unfortunately the game will not work with more than one usb device, so my t500 wheel works but my clubsport v3 pedals and th8rs shifter don't. Using a work around of buttons on the steering wheel for the throttle and brake I would say the physics are actually reasonable, you can powerslide nicely for example. Difficult to really tell without the precision of the pedals however.

Another issue is the terrible stuttering no matter what graphics settings I use. I have read some supposed ways to help with this, such as running in borderless windowed mode etc, but nothing seems to fix it. Some changes make it more manageable but it never goes away.

Finally the ffb is pretty awful. If you are used to rf2, assetto corsa, r3e even f1 2017 then you will be disappointed with the ffb in wrc 7.

As it is now i would not recommend the game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +146
    Welp, I guess that the new RDRC season won't be on this platform, then...

14. function9

function9

Ratings:
    +81
    The biggest complaints I've read about so far are the FFB, stuttering, and the handbrake is apparently messed up. I remember seeing a video of Stephane Lefebvre driving an Argentina stage. There were many times during the stage he used the handbrake and the car didn't look like it was reacting to it at all.

Don't know what their history is with patches, but hopefully they can correct these things.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +155
    The stuttering can be fixed with running in windowed, then alt+enter. Or alt-tabbing out, then alt+enter to fullscreen again. Worked for me. Actually it runs very well, and looks pretty good. Car sounds ok too, I would be ok with the co-pilot while it's not the greatest

However, like said here FFB is terrible and I couldn't get it to feel sensible it no matter what I did (there isn't that many FFB options anyway)

Otherwise the physics don't seem bad, cars slide and behave roughly as you would expect. But FFB doesn't communicate it, you can see by eye car movement is ok, but you don't feel it in the wheel

Such a shame, the stages are really varied, long and good looking. Narrow and dangerous too, almost like RBR stages. Too bad the FFB doesn't really do it for me. But the physics seem more reasonable than Dirt 4 because cars actually slide like rally cars. There is surface differences too

Unless someone posts some magical settings for Thrustmaster T500, refund time, sadly

EDIT: The FFB isn't terrible, I just didn't have Spring effect enabled on profiler, which this game has been built in mind with. FFB is okay while not great, roughly on par with Dirt 4

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +222
    I normally avoid this WRC series but was tempted in by a £20 offer for the game. Based on the ISRTV footage it looked worth a risk at that price. The graphics have massively improved, the previous version of the game looked very PS3 era to me.

I have no stuttering at all running everything at very high in 4K. I've also tried 1080p for some streaming and that worked well too (4k streaming often causes everything to get quite hot). No graphics slow down even in the densely forested areas, at night etc.

There is something odd going on with the TX wheel buttons in the menus - the menu and A button seem to be reversed. It isn't just a mapping issue I can remap the buttons as I wish in game but in the menus the issue persists. I've read a few reports of issues with wheels but the TX458 wheel works well out of the box with no setting changes. I'd say FFB is on par with DiRT 4 and seems good enough to be enjoyable. It's no match for the best sims but the game is playable with no assists required. The difference between the 4WD WRC cars and the 2wd WRC Junir cars is marked, getting those Junior cars through the slower corners is a game of managing understeer.

The handbrake works fine for me (using an on wheel button) and the WRC cars rotate nicely on the throttle.

The real improvement is the graphics, the stages look and feel like the countries they represent, the draw distance is superb and the attention to detail touches on bridges and other features stand out enough to be worth a comment, spectators start cheering as you approach/get excited as you go over the jumps etc. The environments have a lot more atmosphere than DiRT 4. The graphics style reminds me of Ghost Recon Wildlands open world - and that also looks great. The weather and lighting changes work well too and the headlights look convincing. I like the way dirt accumulates on the screen and you have to manually use the wipers to clear the screen.

After a couple of hours play, I'm pleasantly surprised. The career mode and car repairs system works well, the starting Junior cars feel like they are really being hustled along. Good enough for me so far (I enjoyed DiRT 4 so take that as one measure), I'll see how it goes as I progress further.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,047
    Oi you............I resemble that remark.:mad::cautious::whistling:

;):D

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +155
    What FFB settings you use in Windows? Curious because otherwise it seems alright game. The stages indeed are impressive, and cars slide on throttle like supposed. FFB of Dirt 4 was while not great, serviceable, somehow in this title it feels clearly worse for me. Dunno if my settings are correct, t500rs

19. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +222
    Happy to share my settings, hope they help.

In game: 384 DOR (Max Wheel Angle in game setting) - an odd setting but one that the game suggests. The DOR settings are all a bit odd in the game it seems. 50% FFB level, 80% vibration because I don't like having to fight the wheel all the time, I prefer a wheel weight I can work with.

Windows settings almost default: 75% overall Strength of all forces, 100% for everything else and auto centre by the game.

I agree a surprisingly alright game, I was expecting a pretty terrible game but I quite like it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,850
    I've only tried it for like 15 minutes and only on keyboard (yes, I know, that means a lot of people stopped reading right now) as I can't set up my wheel right now, so these are quite literally the very first impressions, but so far I'm pretty impressed. WRC5 was terrible, WRC6 was a solid step up, and it seems like WRC7 is an even more significant step up from 6.

Looks great, handling (from what I can judge on keyboard) feels perfectly fine, the stages are amazing, performance seems very good (running on an old i5 2500k and 970). The lack of FOV/seat adjustment worried me, but it seems that between the default FOV and the cockpit camera distance settings, I'll be covered (I might be lucky in that regard, though). Car sounds are decent IMO.

I'm yet to find out how the FFB is and how is the multiple device support (I'm worried about this as it can be a deal breaker for me), but so far it looks like the only real downside to the game is the robotic sounding co-driver.

And I hate to say it, but unless the input device support breaks the game for me, it already looks and feels a lot more fun to drive than Dirt 4 :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1