• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured WRC 7 Coming to Console and PC Autumn 2017

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 16, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,443
    WRC 7 Announced.png
    The long running official World Rally Championship games franchise will be receiving its seventh iteration this year, with an Autumn release window announced by the developers.

To mark the occasion of the first solid news from the WRC 7 development in quite a few weeks, developers Kylotonn Racing Games have released a snappy new trailer showcasing the new for 2017 specification rally cars in action on the only officially licenced FIA World Rally Championship game for either console or PC gaming machines.

Titled 'The Beauty and the Beast', the new game trailer comes in at exactly one minute 30 seconds and features a number of shots of the aggressively styled new for 2017 Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC car on a mix of different stage locations and weather. You can check out the trailer for yourself below:

Judging by the engine sounds in the trailer, which one assumes are from the game and not real life capture, it looks like Kylotonn have really stepped up to the plate in the audio department for this new release, adding a very pleasing level of realism to the game that will be well received by fans of both rallying and the series franchise.

Not much is known about WRC 7 at the stage unfortunately, however what we do know is that the game will again feature all the rallies, cars and drivers of the current WRC season. This is more noteworthy than previous years as for 2017 the WRC field have received some considerable changes to the regulations that govern the sport. Now benefitting from an aggressive and styled look in comparison to previous seasons, the cars are more powerful and look meaner than has been the case in recent memory. Added to the full list of WRC spec cars, it is expected that WRC 7 will continue the tradition of adding the lesser spec'd WRC 2 field to the game for added depth, plus it is not unrealistic to expect the eSports element of the title so heavily supported in WRC 6 will return with further polish for this new release.

Judging by some of the footage I've seen of the game so far, WRC 7 does look like it has taken a step forward in the graphics department since previous releases, as Kylotonn look to push the franchise forward and capitalise on the renewed interest around rally games on console and PC.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more news as and when it becomes available....

WRC 7 is expected to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC during the Autumn of 2017.

Check out the WRC Series of games sub forum for more about the long running rally game franchise and to discuss the series with your fellow rally fans.

Looking forward to WRC 7? Do you think this title can finally lift the series into the rally big leagues? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  2. IMrIMike

IMrIMike

Ratings:
    +186
    100% not In-game audio. Other than that, looks quite good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. davidrd85

davidrd85

Ratings:
    +15
    The graphics and sound are sweet. One can only hope that they will make the physics more sim than arcade.

• Like Like x 1
  4. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +6
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD (Steam: WrightRD) Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I cant wait. I love these games. Owned every single one of this series. Can't wait!!! :inlove::inlove:

• Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +289
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    A disgruntled hedgehog thing... Premium

Ratings:
    +1,574
    I've never touched one of the WRC titles. I know the Milestone titles were mediocre at best and that Kylotonn have taken a slightly different approach and seem to have more production value than Milestone ever had.

I'll be honest, this one kind of has my interest. Depending on how the reviews look, as well as the presence of assets like authentic sound and a passable physics engine, I may pick it up. The epic stages sound cool, I guess we'll see how things turn out.

I have to say, the 2017 WRC's look fantastic! :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,596
    I'm really interested in how this one turns out. I always thought the Milestone games were quite fun, even if pure arcade. But pretty honest about it and fun in short bursts.

WRC 5, the first one by Kylotonn, was a disaster in my eyes. The game was bland, looked horribly dated and most importantly was neither the fun arcade the previous games were nor a more serious sim-ish game. It just didn't work. I think I spent about 5 hours playing it overall and that included literally forcing myself to play it just to have something to upload to YouTube. I just couldn't do it. It was that bad.

WRC 6 was actually quite fun. They improved from 5 in a lot of aspects. It still had issues, but it was a much better game than plenty of people would make you believe. It looked better, played better (much better stages for example - still only fictious, apart from the SSS, but felt much less artificial than those in 5) and was quite fun to play. Enjoyed the career mode and also the online challenges (kinda copied from Dirt Rally).

So if WRC 7 will be as much of an improvement as going from 5 to 6 was, this could end up being quite interesting.

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +32
    I hope they support high end wheels and provide a shared memory telemetry output for SimCommander 4 for tactile feedback and motion rigs...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Well, didn't like any of the recent games, so I don't think I'll get this. Although, only reason I refunded WRC 6 was because I could not use G27 pedals and shifter with a T300 wheel, it would only recognize one device. If the game has proper multiple device support I might get it, as a fun, arcade rally game alongside with DiRT 4

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Same here with Accuforce and HE Pro pedals, but i could spare some money because of this shortcomings not just with this title and i don´t feel i miss anything. So please keep this issue with WRC 7 because i´m busy enough with Dirt 4 anyway.

12. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    The epics stages and all the new stuff sound interesting, but I the generated stages from D4 seems to be a new mandatory feature to have in a rally game.

13. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit

Ratings:
    +8
    With Dirt 4 coming out in a couple of weeks, they have a high level to compete with. Time will tell.

14. Jason turner

Jason turner

Ratings:
    +0
    i won't be fool again like last year, this one is a big no no