1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured WRC 6 Special Stages Preview Trailer

Discussion in 'WRC 6 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

WRC 5.jpg
    Big Ben Interactive and Kylotonn Games have released a little preview video featuring some WRC 6 head to head Special Stage rally action, providing a rare insight into the development progress of the upcoming rally racer.

With many of the previous WRC games failing to ignite the imagination of rally fans, made even worse by the explosive release of Codemasters DiRT Rally, Kylotonn need WRC 6 to hit the ground running once it releases for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Little is know about the upcoming title, apart from it benefitting from the official licence to represent the teams and manufacturers of the 2016 FIA World Rally Championship, however excitement is no doubt high amongst fans as we get the first chance to sample a WRC game built under the full glare of the team over at Kylotonn for the first time. Although WRC 5 was released by Kylotonn, the new game should prove to be the first fully representative release from the studio, after a years development experience with WRC 5 and enough time behind Kylotonn to exert the full benefit of the studios skill set on the new title.

WRC 6 - Super Special Stages Trailer

It has been confirmed by the studio that the special stages in WRC 6 will be accurate recreations of real life stages, allowing players to follow in the footsteps of the WRC drivers across several locations found on the WRC calendar.

Check out the WRC 6 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the new World Rally Championship officially licenced game.

Looking forward to WRC 6? Do you think Kylotonn can pull off a solid rally title? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Oh man. I hope they make an awesome career-mode or something (which is what kinda saved v-rally 3). Because this looked rather bad :/
    • Like Like x 1
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Graphics look decent enough, audio sounds ok...content wise, is it retro Dirt 3?....anyway will wait for reviews etc. before looking at a purchase....as my DR installation is getting a hammering (in a good way...lol)
  4. I don't know why you two are so negative I can tell you one thing... first I really love official stuffs, and this is just that, I can have all official cars and all official locations.
    Another thing... I recently (finally) broke my momo wheel and I bought G27. Momo wasn't supported and I can't play the damn game at all. With wheel at least, I try it with keyboard but it wasn't... once you drive games with wheel you can't go back, right ?
    But now, since G27 IS supported, I decide to give a try to WRC5 (and Seb Loeb rally) once again and you know what...
    I had a tons of fun.
    I'm not sure what many of you expect from games but I have some really great times. In both WRC and SLRE games. Not that I say they better than DiRT but they are... different. In physics and graphic wise. SLRE on tarmac feels even better than DiRT. And all 3 of them deserved to have their place in gaming community.

So... after this long prologue (sorry bout that:geek:) all I want to say is... let's wait and see, I'm optimist (but I'm always optimist tbh:D) but - for sure - from game previews F1 2016 didn't look THIS good, right ? :)
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ben Scullion

Ben Scullion
    Premium Member

Looks great. Physics seem horrific, yet again.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ok'ish graphics, bad physics ( arcade handling ) and sounds, while they seem an improvement from WRC 5, they aren't at the same level as DR.
    Nothing official yet, but rumours say that Codemasters are working on a new Rally game, or an expansion to DR so, it will "destroy" any other Rally game...again. I want another Rally game, other than DR, to make a big success, DR / Codemasters need competition, but i don't see WRC 6 achieve that, at least not with the Simmers / Hardcore players.
  7. Well the last WRC Game I played was the WRC4 and it was good fun with good races online too.

Unfortunately I could not play WRC5 due to my PC does not support even the minimum requirements but what I've seen on various websites and analysis was very bad ...

I hope the WRC6 be much better. Certainly it will be an arcade game , but although I am a fan of Dirt Rally 'm curious about this WRC6
  8. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Can't see me playing this to be honest. I love proper licences too as snapped up F1 2016 on early bird offer without thinking... but Dirt is so good and even that doesn't get the playtime it deserves as I'm in full time employment and a husband and father to boot...
    My time is usually spent on Assetto Corsa or F1 2016 and they don't really see enough time either...
    I'll wait for some reviews but if Dirt 2 is being worked on as we speak I can see me plumping for that over this.
    • Agree Agree x 1