1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured WRC 6: New Preview Videos Released

Discussion in 'WRC 6 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

WRC 6 Previews.jpg
    Bigben Interactive have been busy in the build up to the launch of WRC 6, releasing a new trailer showcasing the game in comparison to real life footage across a number of unique Super Special Stages from the official FIA World Rally Championship.

With claims from the developers that WRC 6 will feature all 11 Super Special Stages in 1:1 correlation to their real world locations, the new trailer does look impressive and shows off the game to an impressive standard.

Relatively little is known about the new rally title from Bigben, however as one would expect with an official product, the game will feature all 14 rounds of the 2016 season, including for the first time Rally China, all the leading WRC drivers and also a wide selection of competitors from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories.

WRC 6 - Super Special Trailer

WRC 6 - Pre-Order Trailer

In other news, the studio have confirmed a list of support peripherals will be made available in the coming weeks. Watch this space...

WRC 6 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on October 7th.

The WRC Series of Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment covers all the WRC games released by Bigben Interactive, head over and join in the conversation today.

Have you checked out the latest trailers? What do you think of how the game looks so far? Do you think WRC 6 can be a significant improvement over its predecessors? Let us know in the comments section below.
  2. Wow, this look amazing. :geek:
    Hope driving will come at least close to that. It would be a dream. And DiRT would finally get a proper rival.

I'm first to reply, in almost half hour time, for sure there's no hype for this one. :D
    Unlike that hype suv, from... oh you know whom... :rolleyes:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. we all would want it to be good but after release we will meet with harsh reality :p (hope dies last btw)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yeah, I think you maybe aiming a bit too high on this being a rival to Dirt Rally from past experiences. But I also live in a little in dream world. Who Knows. RE:Suv's, let's not go there, as I've never seen so much overblown and excessive reactions to a topic......and even I got sucked in and ended giving my 2 pence worth. I'm old enough to know better.
    • Haha Haha x 2
  5. Judging by some actual gameplay videos, it looks just as bad as WRC5 in every way, only with somewhat improved graphics. In other words - just as expected.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. WRC-5 promised the world and delivered nothing. This will be no different. You will get an arcadey game with widened made up tracks that are inspired to be from the WRC tracks. This is an arcade game nothing more.

WRC-5 still does not support my Fanatec Hand Brake H shifter and Clutch properly. It hasn't even been a year since last game was released. They need to fix their current one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

I really want this to be good as I love officially licensed series racing. Shame that CM don't have the license as it would be awesome. From what I've read it's not going to hold a candle to Dirt...
  8. Then we didn't watch the same gameplay, obviously.
    All I can see is game that looks pretier than DiRT and stages as tight as my gf ...you know what.
    But that's completely different story.
    WRC 5 was Kylotonn games first game in the series, they have to learn on the fly.
    You folks are so negative. But I bet it's a lot of fun having you around in real life. :)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  9. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Your post means literally nothing. It looks prettier? What's that got to do with how the title plays? Physics? Sound? Etc.

I'm not being negative either. I'm just voicing an opinion of hoping it will be good but from what I've read it won't be as good as Dirt. How's that negative?
    It's just an opinion based off of information currently to hand. Now if I hear someone comparing it directly to Dirt and saying anything good about it apart from it being pretty then I'll look into trying it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

Thanks for the links
  11. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

They do say that it's going to be more forgiving than Dirt. I think Dirt is spot on with its handling and a more forgiving model is probably not what I'm looking for if I'm honest.
    Still, the lure of officially licensed content is a hard one to ignore
  12. Well, then you'll allow that not all looking for "100% reality". Not that DiRT is close to that. But closer, ok.
    S. Loeb Rally Evo has some of it's own strenght also on this field, compared with DiRT, I prefer tarmac feel in it tbh. And I'm not the only one.
    But maybe we should not compare these two at all ? I'm sure they all (SLRE included) will have their fans.
    To some level it's like comparing AC and F1 2016. AC has it's own (some quite new, almost latest) F1 cars but many (and probably major, if we take a look at sales numbers) will choose Codemasters one. And yet, mind you... AC is more "realistic". :x3:
    Thanks. :thumbsup:
    I already got a favorite part.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. honestly, WRC6 gameplay looks horrid! and as bad WRC5...sad sad attempt of a game, they should sell this to commercial arcade centers. it really is upgraded graphics and nothing more.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. And you base it on ...what exactly ? Except all your 4 WRC titles, of course. :giggle:
    Oh c'mon... spare me of your further, horrid, conclusions. Please.
    I choose to believe more to licenced WRC drivers. Beside... people are bashing F1 2016 all over before it even has a chance to release, guess based on Codemasters previous title. And, yes, you guess my thoughts by now - look at all of them now. :rolleyes: They reach racing gamer's Nirvana. :alien:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. sigh... another stupid game installment which isn't even considered one.
  16. I am actually looking forward to WRC 6. After 1230 hours of Dirt Rally I am looking into new Rally-fix for myself. Everything I've seen from WRC 6 is a step better than the trash they had in WRC 5. Played all the rally games from 2015, and Dirt Rally was ofcourse the winner. On second place WRC 5 and last place Loeb.

TDLR: WRC 6 here I come! .
    • Wow Wow x 1
  17. Hope it's better than WRC 5 and Loeb Rally. :thumbsup:
    Better than DiRT Rally, i really doubt it! :whistling:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DR is great on gravel. Tarmac and snow i wish they skipped all together, and instead make some more stages in other countries plus made MP RallyX like in AMS (gravel with massive jumps - the good RallyX stuff). :)

We will see about WRC6. I keep my hopes up but no hype whatsoever cause im sure i will be let down.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. jimortality

Premium Member

I think this is vr ready, in that case I'll be having a look.