1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured WRC 5: first gameplay video showcases Portugal

Discussion in 'WRC 5 The Game' started by Alex Franchini, Jul 15, 2015.

1. screenshot_wrc5_ford-m-sport_rally-guanajuato-mexico_01.jpg
    KylotonnGames has published a first look to its first official rally title, WRC 5.

Click here to watch the first official gameplay video on our RaceTube!

As you can see, the trailer features a VW Polo R on a stage from the Portugal Rally. The stage itself is made of 90% gravel and 10% tarmac, according to the official website, and the racing takes place in sunny conditions at noon.

While we obviously can't play the game yet, I'll go out on a limb and say that it doesn't look bad. As usual, the quality of the handling model will be fundamental - especially with tough competition like Dirt Rally and the upcoming rival Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo. The game is still under construction, and as such, the HUD and pacenotes are nowhere to be found in the video: Kylotonn says information about those elements will come at a later date.

WRC 5 will feature 13 rallies spread across 14 countries, and will be available in September 2015 on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS Vita.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. looks extremely dated and roads are too wide

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. it looks and sounds bad...

4. Torcano

Torcano
    #21 MPB Clan Premium Member

Kylotonn for Kiloton... really now. Which 12 year old was in charge of naming the company? Says a lot coming from me of all people. All the cringe in the world happened at once... oh the pain and agony. xD

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

Looks and sounds and behaves like a :poop:.
    But maybe till launch date they make different game...
    Huge point for Dirt. :)

• Love Love x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Why all the hate? Granted, it is not a sim, but for once it looks like an improvement in the series. The roads are sensibly wide (some angles make them looks worse) and the slow pace of the car looks promising.

Hoping for a decent arcade game. Not a direct Dirt Rally competitor, but at least a step forward from the Milestone rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. budlix

budlix
    Wheel Rotator Premium Member

I understand that sims don't suits to all the people and have nothing against arcades. But arcade should be easy to drive/enjoy. Here I can see poor car behavior, poor sound and in this alpha stage car looks more like toy than respectfull racing hardware. All said can still be justifiable "this is arcade". But my biggest problem I have with this game is that it is official WRC game, so it should represent that great and glorious serie. But this is NOT a WRC. This is just product. At least for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Thing is, it said BETA on the vid, so Im quite concerned about the end product.
    Plus, it just looked SLOOooooow to me. No excitement to it at all

9. Another chase cam trailer. Fail. Terrible driving. Fail. Not a single claim to be sim. Fail. If 100% arcade then fine because I'm not interested in non-sim. Good luck. Keep truck'n Codies!

10. Looking pretty good so far. Of course, the physics and FFB will certainly play a huge part in the success of the game.

11. This is seriously a bad start, even the co-driver is the same annoying voice (from the first trailer), i will try to get my hands on what ever copy of it and the loeb evo thing and give you guys a heads up.
    cheers

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  12. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

Sceptic IT guy Tip of the day:
    When you see an upcoming game for 2015 getting released on ancient platforms, expect the worst.

That's a sure pass from my side.

13. this is the biggest pile of :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: ive ever seen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium Member

So you haven't seen the footages from Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo I guess:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. No kidding. As bad as WRC5 might look and sound to some people, it's still a lot better than what's been seen of SLRE so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium Member

Yes, and what i saw of SLRE was not even on Android-standards. Even the cars in Asphalt 8 are looking more natural driving through corners and Real Racing is a very serious sim against this crap:D

17. Mark Reynolds

Mark Reynolds
    Physics & AI Programmer

Just so we are clear btw guys, this is firmly meant to be SimCade, the physics engine is not capable of anything more than that in this early stage of it's life, and I would never claim anything more either.... (Not sure what PR & Marketing are selling it as ?) , fun to play with some tail out rally style fun, as a fellow sim racer I felt I needed to share that here at least among other sim racers, while I am a Sim Racer I also enjoy a Simcade title occasionally, I hope you do too.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I don't see the point in making a Rally Game/Sim if it's not better than Dirt Rally !

WRC 5 & SLRE are just horrible dated piece of :poop: IMO !

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well there's always going to be a big audience for more arcade/casual racing games. I see nothing wrong with that for the most part. As long as the devs are upfront about what they're making. I don't think the people behind wrc5 have come out and stated they're intention is to create a sim.

On the other hand, Milestone, when not giving away trade secrets on how to create a top notch game logo or talking about how each blade of grass and pebble on every stage was painstakingly recreated, they have thrown around words like "simulation", "true to life", and "realistic" quite frequently. And in my opinion what they've shown so far looks awful for even an arcade racer, let alone any kind of sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I can maybe speak for all of us when i say that we are just tired of Milestone products, they are pretty much like Codemasters, each release comes with nothing new,
    WRC3 and WRC4 are the same exact game, the only thing they have done is updated the stages graphics (Actually they made it worst!), and lets talk about the stages, well there isn't any... for every location they have build one stage. And lets talk about the physics... well if you never drove a car on a loose surface before, you can actually feel that car physics of their games make no sense at all, it feels like driving a boat...
    And people can already see that there isn't something new going on with this game.

The problem is not that we want them to make a full sim (Would be nice though), The problem is they have really bad products.