1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WRC 4 World Maps

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by DjFIL, Oct 28, 2013.

1. A fan of WRC 3 created guides/maps showing how each of the stages work long side each another.
    Direct to Zip download: http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1350461780.zip
    His website/post: http://mesa.extra.hu/index.php/en/tests-and-howtos/15-ismertetk/144-wrc-3-rallye-ujjaszueletve

I wanted to see how much has changed to WRC 4.

Argentina - Unchanged from WRC 3. Y shape layout.
    Australia - New region to WRC 4. 3 alternate paths.
    Finland - New map for WRC 4. 3 alternate paths.
    France - Unchanged from WRC 3.
    Germany - New map for WRC 4. 3 alternate paths.
    Greece - Unchanged from WRC 3. Y shape layout.
    Italy - New map for WRC 4. 4 alternate paths.
    Mexico - Unchanged from WRC 3.
    Monte-Carlo - Unchanged from WRC 3.
    Portugal - Unchanged from WRC 3.
    Spain - Unchanged from WRC 3.
    Sweden - New map for WRC 4. 3 alternate paths.
    Wales - Unchanged from WRC 3.

So it would appear that only 5 countries are new. All the updated regions include alternate paths... but very short sections. Only 2 of the Y stages from WRC 3 (which had 6 Y-stages) were kept. Guessing in WRC 5 that we will see those two Y stages will see remodels. Really wish they would be a bit more creative. I understand they can't create 70-100km's of unique road for each region... but there's better ways they can use a 3km by 3km map (that's my estimate) and create a way where less Deja Vu will occur.

EDIT: Detected 3rd alternate path in Germany. Map is updated.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. Great comparison mate!
    I'll check it soon. Seems to be proper
  3. David Armstrong

David Armstrong
    Premium Member

Such a shame that they are reusing the old maps. I really enjoyed WRC3 but the reuse of old routes makes WRC4 a non-purchase for me :cry:
    Thanks for the info DjFIL
  4. We've got 4 new maps (Country), and a lot of improvements.
  5. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

There was a game in 2000, called Rally Championship 2000, and it had 6x ~80-100 km of probably realistic-ish stages moddelled after the Mobil1 BRC. WRC guys are just lazy.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

i think i have that game, is it like the national rally championship of England?
    if it is the same it has the biggest stages i have ever seen in a rally game, it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to complete the average stage, and there is one with 40km of extension if i remeber correctly (if it is the same game it's on the second rally organized by pirelli). Those kinds of stages were great and the cars require some attention in order to make it to the end of the rally. If there was a modern rally game with stages that big it would be interesting :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

It is BRC indeed. Brits do everything better. Except when Germans do it better. :D RBR with better physics and such long stages - Dream come true.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yup. Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000 was a great game. Too bad it's pretty spotty trying to play it on modern OS with modern controllers. :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. WRC 4 is great game but I hope that in next game Milestone doen't make special stages from on big stage.

I hope that Milestone modelling real stages to next games of WRC series. If stage is too long example Lankamaa Finland is 20 km long, stage can divide to little pieces.
    -Small5 km
    -Medium 10 km
    -Long15 km
    -Full 23 km

That is because it is pretty hard to drive big stages without mistakes but that is why I playing driving games: challence.

Other ways to make it that in next game there is modelling like 25 % of real track and other 75 % is fiction. But one track what I want real track and full size is Ouninpohja which is 33 km long

• Agree Agree x 1