1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WRC 2 The Game

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

Publisher Black Bean Games announced that WRC 2 is set for release in October 2011. The sequel to the popular WRC title is currently being developed by Milestone and will be published exclusively for PlayStation 3, Xbox360 and PC.

WRC 2 will feature all rallies of the 2011 World Rally Championship calendar with all the leading WRC teams and drivers. The game will feature more content than its predecessor with 90 stages, 15 different locations, 25 different terrain and weather conditions and 9 car categories. Cars will range from the 1960s to the WRC models of the current 2011 championship.

Added are also new game modes such as a 16-player online mode, a completely revamped career mode and many other improvements from last year in terms of contents, gameplay features and visual effects.

2. Amateures ...

3. Well, at least they survived to make a sequel.I hope this game will be decent enough to support. Doesn't even have to be great, just make it decent.

4. Milestone's WRC 2 will already features Force Feedback effects ? I mean what is in the first game available under its name is a joke...

5. LOL, it will fail like the last one...

6. Well, the trailer said it all, Milestone doesnt even need to show us some gameplay, its enough they inform us with "WRC", "2", like they are back with another "blow-you-away" racing title XD What a pile of loosers...

7. Oh no, not again...

8. When you cant even show a trailer with in game fottage you have to wonder how bad it really is

9. let's be happy with small improvements: maybe now it will support at least most wheels, i'm not talking of ALL wheels, but at least MOST.

10. Not a good start Trailer with no content way to go Mile stone.God one day some body will write a proper Rallying game.:tongue:

11. wrc was the best racing/rally game of the last year, throw a logitech g25 with a wheelstand pro in the mix and it was a stunning drive.
    sure graphics and sound could be better but the driving physics when using a wheel are perfect, its not an arcade racer if u want that go with dirt3.
    im looking forward wrc-2

12. WRC has to be the poorest game I have ever had the miss pleasure of playing. Mile Stone & Black Bean should hold their heads down in shame for making such a poor rallying game when they have full accesses to all what is WRC, car handling unrealalistick maybe they should actually go have a drive in a rally car to see what it handles like and maybe take on some drivers from the WRC to develop it or take the learning’s of Richard Burns Rally, Black Bean did make the best rally game of all time what are they playing at and finally why would you make up tracks when you have full accesses to all the stages on the WRC, I do not want to play fairy tell stages, I want to live and breathe the real stages.
    If the presentation in Greece was anything to go by which was truly shocking from its lack of passion for WRC which it has to be said do you not need some people in your team who have a passion for rally to be making this game and maybe do some preparation before your presentation instead of bumbling along trying to do it off the cuff, if you had passion and confidence for your product it would shine through.
    Can Mile Stone & Black Bean pull off a miracle with a truly stunning rally game? I would not put any money on it.

13. looks good :)

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The 2011 edition of the official WRC videogame will feature all rallies of the 2011 World Rally Championship calendar with all the leading WRC team and drivers.

WRC 2 -- the Official Game will feature significantly more content than its predecessor with 90 stages, 15 different locations, 25 different terrain/ weather conditions and 9 car categories. Cars will range from the 1960s to the WRC models of the current Championship and the game contains new Game Modes, a 16-player online mode, a completely revamped Career Mode and many other improvements from last year in terms of contents, gameplay features and visual effects.

The sequel to the popular WRC title is currently being developed by Milestone and will be published exclusively by Black Bean Games for PlayStation®3, Xbox360™ and PC.

Useful links:
    Official game site

15. this wont stand a chance, released in UK on the same day as Forza 4

16. Jack Hintz

Jack Hintz
    The One and Only...I think?

wow, thats clever O_o
    I know for a fact that all I'm going to be playing is FM4, and I bet it will be most most played game ever, after GT4 and FM3 (constant year for each)
    I think I will try this, but when you think about it, do you think it will beat RBR after the performance of WRC 1 the game?

17. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

As usual I'll wait and see what they deliver.
    Most of those claims were made with their WRC1 publicity, and they came up waaaaaay short of what was promised. :rolleyes:

18. For the PC and PS3 players it'll probably stand a chance against Forza 4:)

I agree Forza 4 can be one of my most played games, if I actually manage to get it before a new console and Forza 5 comes out lol.

BTW this WRC game looks good imo, not that I had any problem with the looks of the first one, there was only one problem with the graphics, the resolution, as it didn't allow 1280*1024, and that it had no wheel support. At least the demo. But I'm not buying any game that has a demo that's not working. I prefer games with a working demo.

19. bought the first one, it didnt grip me like i thougnt it would, still love the old WRC games from PS2 where if you came off you did it in a big way rolling down the side of a mountain etc!!

20. Let's hope they start with the very basics of driving games\sims, split axis pedals and a manual gearbox :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.