Wow..just wow, the Porsche 911 gt3 cup 2016 is just sublime!!

apex11

@Simberia
Best car i've ever driven in any sim, the feel you get back from this thing!! Stunning job, it just made AC the greatest game, EVER.

I will be driving a real race spec car at Silverstone National end of Feb, the idea is that i will compare real to sim. Using PCars and AC and the FIAT 500 race car ad Renault clio cup car as i will be driving a Mini cooper race spec car.

Heres me taking the 911 cup gt3 2016 out for few laps. Sorry about the screen glow, had curtains open.

Oh, cool, cheers for the tip. Its a cheapo Go Pro and i'm not very polished at this but keen to capture going from 'sim' to 'real'. But yes hopefully i can learn an improve the quality.

I found the trick to driving the porsches is to never really let off on the power unless you are braking, and downshift late.

I actually found this out racing in a sebring server in rF2. I joined the server and they were racing the Porsche analog. I never really got a chance to sort the car and this was the first time I was going to drive the car. The starting grid was a lottery and I got pole. I knew the car was going to be rear-end heavy but I also knew, from experience in AMS that if I coasted I would lose it, so I just braked into the corner and then immediately got on the gas. Made the car turn like nobody's business.
I lead for 16 of the 20 minutes of the race, spun and after I recovered I was 9 seconds behind. Due to the way I was driving it, I could turn a lap faster than the next fastest guy (the one who passed me) and I caught him on the last turn of the last lap.

Anyhoo, I tried it with the GT3 cup car and the GT3R in AC and it carried over. Those cars are easy to drive if you do it right. When I am racing against the other GT3 cars I am usually able to be in the top of qualifying.

I'm confused. The cup is the 2017 GT3 car? I thought it was like it's own series.
No, the cup car is the 911 GT3 Cup, the car following FIA GT3 regulations is the 911 GT3 R. Those both racecars have thier origin in the roadcar 911 GT3 (RS). The nametag GT3 defines in this case the car model (for marketing or what so ever), not any race series, cup, etc.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years