Wouldn't it be nice to drive another car for a new cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cars are balanced it can be a possibility.

We should also try without the Scirocco though, FLATOUT suspects can be the cause of the problems, as Morgan did in the past.

Stick to GT and make it GT Pro again, 2 teams per car, best choose last as said earlier.
Make some skins and off you go, no need for modded files and all that so shouldn't take alot of time to run the league and less issues tyvm ?

• Roland Ehnström

One thing I really like with the STC mod is the soft and hard tire compounds, so I hope these stay even if we go back to GT Pro. (Maybe the grip from the hard tires could be slightly higher to make them perfectly balanced with the soft compound.)

Ye Soft and Hards is a big plus indeed, might be better to swap to Rfactor alltogether which allows for so much more modding and bigger fields.
And mentioned it in the Spa thread that a weather model based on its reallife counterpart would be a big plus. Worked so well in RDTCC league.
It will give a bit more time to practice as well 1 day is just to short notice imo.... seeing in real life weather can be predicted pretty accurate days in advance !

YEah tat would be an option, as in GT1 a 90 minutes race with 2 drivers per car and one swap. Will be safer with only one swap and could be fun... anyway I think we should wait to rF2 to valuate this option.

Ye Soft and Hards is a big plus indeed, might be better to swap to Rfactor alltogether which allows for so much more modding and bigger fields.
And mentioned it in the Spa thread that a weather model based on its reallife counterpart would be a big plus. Worked so well in RDTCC league.
It will give a bit more time to practice as well 1 day is just to short notice imo.... seeing in real life weather can be predicted pretty accurate days in advance !

Well, I do like that, but I don't like how the final weather file for the game is generated Ries, I mean, is somebody deciding like:

- In minute 20 will rain
- In minute 40 will stop
- In miute 60 track temp will raise 2ºC

and that looks really "strange" for me.

Anyway with NAW you should have at least 2 days to practice with the forecast, the problem this time is I couldn't activate NAW until wednesday because server reinstall.

Also, in real life forecast are even less accurate than in NAW, this year in F1 Barcelona and Monaco were considered until Saturday wet races, and at the end were dry and hot, meteorology is not an exact science.

Cya!.

Well, I do like that, but I don't like how the final weather file for the game is generated Ries, I mean, is somebody deciding like:

- In minute 20 will rain
- In minute 40 will stop
- In miute 60 track temp will raise 2ºC

and that looks really "strange" for me.

Anyway with NAW you should have at least 2 days to practice with the forecast, the problem this time is I couldn't activate NAW until wednesday because server reinstall.

Also, in real life forecast are even less accurate than in NAW, this year in F1 Barcelona and Monaco were considered until Saturday wet races, and at the end were dry and hot, meteorology is not an exact science.

Cya!.

Would it be possible to ask the guys who made NAW to make something similar for rFactor STC? I feel things would run alot smoother in rF, at the moment we are pushing the limits of race07 and its been a bumpy ride for some of us. I think it would be a shame to simplify STC because the sim can't handle what has been developed so far and in my opinion would be better to move to another platform that can handle it with scope for much more development. Also I think as is generally agreed we are all waiting for rF2 it seems like a good idea to run in rF1 for a season while we wait (arent all mods supposed to be forwards compatible from rF1 to rF2?)

Its stable though and more broadcast friendly with the overlays etc so viewers know whats going on.

Agree 100%, broadcast is so much better, all the info you get, its so realistic. And that is only one aspect, rFactor just so much more suited for league racing.
After discovering rFactor we at flatout never looked back at EVO.

We don't need rain to have interesting races. For me weather is way to much a gamble. you just don't know what the weather will be doing. Its nice for the broadcast, but it doesn't match up against the info you get on rFactor with split times, standing, instand replays ..... , i remember watching the RD V8 races and thinking **** am i looking at a game here ? What is better then have a instant replay of a crash, or seeing the standings without having livetiming ? Broadcast will be pushed to the next level.

For us our feelings for Evo + Mods is as low as it could be. Every race this season we have had some technical issue's, either the game/mod or track which cost us the chance to fight for our title, and left us in what we feel a position that does not represent where we should be. Some teams have been lucky to avoid most of it, and it's great for them that's that the case, but for us and others it's been a bit to much to handle this season.

So for us Evo + Default cars (Ideally GT Pro) or rFactor would be a much more appealing way to go for next season.

Our full support goes to Xose, David in organizing something very good for next season,. It can only get better.

Sadly this season there was problems with crashing and lag. I dont if it was caused by the game, mod, server or having too many drivers but for next season we need to find a solution to fix the problems. I think it will be some time before rFactor 2 and some quality mods are released.

We need to know is the STC crew willing and able to switch their servers from Evo to rFactor. Also the teams should discuss if they want to make switch because last time we had this discussion many teams were against changing to rFactor basically because their members didnt have it or didnt like it.

Evo:
+FFB
+rain
+ server&teams have it
- online stability
- limited numbers of drivers
- suitability for live broadcast

rFactor
+ online stability and performance ("lag free" with more drivers)
+ broadcast suitability with extras like TV style
+ tested mods and tracks (NAGT mod is nice)
- availability to teams & servers
- FFB
- short term solution because rFactor 2 is coming

Its very close call but I would switch to rFactor because of the better stability and broadcast "bling"
My personal thoughts and not the official opinion of the RPM team. :)

cheers,
Jari

• Roland Ehnström

rFactor1 feels like a step backwards to me, especially the lack of rain is unacceptable for me in a GT semi-endurance league. So I say we wait until rFactor2, and run one more season with Evo (GT Pro, no mod, only skins).

The problem I see from STC perspective is we have to count with all the teams inside the league.

Last year we tried to make the change to rFactor and the general feeling was clearly against the move, and the arguments were exactly the same, was just some of you did not tried rFactor enough so you didn't liked it at the time and said you won't be racing here if we changed.

Now I'm sure there are other teams in the same situation, and a lot of people still not willing to switch until rFactor2 comes, and that can be in few months or in two years, you never know.

After the Le Mans race we will make a proposal for the new season, so everybody has plenty of time to test.

Just my two cents (my views are not representative of my team):

Something has to change. There can be no doubt about that. The arguments about changing to or not changing to a particular sim are actually secondary (IMHO). The status-quo at the moment is probably more damaging to STC than not changing to 'something' in order to revitalise what is/was one of the most exciting leagues to race in and watch on the PSRTV live broadcast.

To ignore that change is necessary, or to put it off until the vaunted rF2 comes out, is like putting your head in the sand (no offence) and hoping it will all get better if we just wait it out ;).

I agree with Damian and can only empathise with his teams situation. The fact that team is still running in the championship, and has not withdrawn or decided to focus on something else for 2011, is commendable and demonstrates the desire and passion within the STC teams to keep this series alive and kicking.

I for one don't think it is fair or right to sacrifice them, or any team, to the vagaries and random technical hitches we seem to have with our current format/setup. Something is causing us a problem and we aren't sure what it is. What we are sure of is that it is something to do with the current format/situation: so we 'need' to change (my opinion).

Whether we roll back to the format we had when we ran GT Pro or GT sport, who knows. But the argument against running rFactor (IMHO) is flawed. I am not saying we should run it, I am just saying the arguments against running it don't stack up.

For STC, rFactor wouldn't be a step backwards, because STC hasn't ever run rFactor. STC hasn't benefitted from the improved broadcast functionality, the much improved pit-stop options (driver swaps etc), the improved grid-sizes and more than anything, the improved stability (being able to rejoin the qualifying session and still have your times recorded has got to be better than people driving the wrong way down the pitlane). The fact other series run rFactor and we want to run something different is also flawed: they get to run stable, enjoyable and entertaining series, whilst we contend with frustration week in and week out because we want to be different ;).

I fear we are at a point where some teams 'may' leave if we change sim, but some will definitely leave if we don't. And what of STC's repuation in the sim-racing community? Up until this season we could guarantee our viewers/followers that they could sit down and watch an excellent broadcast and enjoy the show. This has attracted new teams and drivers to the series. What we have this season can only be putting people off.

So - I think we need a change (just my opinion).

David and Xose are workinng like demons to give us a series we can all enjoy - I think we are obligated to look at 'all' possibilities and help them make changes for the better.

Disclaimer: Who cares what I think!?! :D.

Well theres only two options i think...

Option A - Stay with GTR Evo and use a original class. GT Pro i would guess is the best.

Option B - Switch to rFactor and use a high quality mod. NAGT or GT class from Endurance Series would be best option.

Maybe after the current season is over a few test races could be organised with rFactor then teams can give proper feedback on what game they prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%