Would you support a Red Bull breakaway series?

With such an attitude, Red Bull will never become a respected brand like Williams or Sauber. These teams remain in F1 no matter what happens. (Most of the time regulation changes harm them worst as their finance is not strong as Ferrari, McLaren or Mercedes)

Best way to follow for Red Bull is to reconcile with Renault and develop the engine together. They show the signs of commitment with the intentions of rebuying Lotus, and it is a great time for rising back again. A breakaway series would fall into dust, F1's popularity is not something built-up in a few years, it has a huge history. People would not be interested in a new series quickly.

A break away series won't happen. It can't happen. Or should I say - won't happen until more than Red Bull support it.

Not because of money - we all know Red Bull has plenty to make pretty much anything possible if they really wanted - but rather the simple question of "where do they race?" There are only so many places around you can race cars that fast and put on a good show in the process.

Not to mention, it's not like F1 as a whole doesn't carry a hell of a lot of political weight with it. If they don't want this Red Bull series racing at one of the tracks they want, this Red Bull series won't race there. Heck, F1 wants to race the week of Le Mans probably in no small part because the Le Mans and the WEC is getting too close to F1 at this point. It isn't the first time that has happened, and it won't be the last time.

This series would be limited to almost a quasi-national (International in that it visits multiple countries because Europe works like that but National in that it isn't at the top level venues) status by necessity like Indycar or Super Formula. You could maybe see a European style series in that style, but really, that's entirely pointless when Europe already has FR3.5, GP2 and of course F1. A break away series has nowhere to race besides the smaller venues that don't work well with incredibly fast cars and it's an over-saturated market.

I don't think Red Bull would ever start a series, I'd think the real play would be to take over an existing series. I'd think Indycar would be an excellent candidate all things totaled, plus in the next few years or so a new formula should be popping up for that series which would provide a perfect entry point.

Heck, instead of the "next" Indycar inevitably ending up yet another spec Dallara, you could see a spec Red Bull chassis (or even competition between the two to give the series an X factor back), given that is exactly what Red Bull is already doing in F1 with doing everything but the engine and tires. And don't forget, in the 90s champ cars were built in England, so it's not totally crazy. Penske built his cars in England but fielded a team over here - what I'd forsee Red Bull wanting to do in this scenario.

Plus in Indycar / CART / CCWS there has always been the "International Dream" of having a functional leg of the schedule in Europe. It's never worked out, but with Red Bull's money and the caliber of driver they could bring it very well could.

Best of all for Red Bull - Penske and Ganassi have already proven that with top level drivers with a top level team you WILL be competitive week in and week out.

Actually, it makes way too much sense. The only downside is it is not an "overnight solution" like they'd inevitably want. Not a chance it happens, but if Red Bull were serious about wanting to basically spite F1, that's what I see as more likely than trying to do it in Europe. If they try it in Europe they are silly. :laugh:

Fuel to the fire -
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/121229-insight-someone-s-always-buying-indycar-part-1
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/121228-insight-someone-s-always-buying-indycar-pt-2

X1 Group = Red Bull? :roflmao: (that would be incredibly hilarious)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 326 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing