Would You Recommed Assetto Corsa

Hi Everyone,
I've played Project Cars, too buggy at the moment. Just getting in to RaceRoom, which I really enjoy. But what about Assetto Corsa. I want to race online more, not necessarily leagues but a lot a various classes to get variety in the cars you drive.
Would you recommend Assetto Corsa as a sim and also the popularity of online racing.

I would wholeheartedly recommend AC, especially if it's on sale. I tried the free version of RRE and while it was OK, it didn't inspire me to start spending money on it. It's been a while since I tried it. I bought rF2 when it came out and enjoyed it up until I got AC, after AC it just didn't appeal to me anymore.

The driving experience is just leaps and bounds better in AC than anything else I've played.

Compared to the likes of rFactor, it's probably not as complete a package. But as a driving experience it's hard to match IMO.

Personally I don't have time to drive AC as much as I'd like, so there's no room left for any other sim and that doesn't bother me at all, I always end up back in AC and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

AC did turn me into a fanboy though, I'm not normally the type to be a fanboy about anything so I think that's speaks volumes for the sim, but at the same time you need to take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Hi Everyone,
I've played Project Cars, too buggy at the moment. Just getting in to RaceRoom, which I really enjoy. But what about Assetto Corsa. I want to race online more, not necessarily leagues but a lot a various classes to get variety in the cars you drive.
Would you recommend Assetto Corsa as a sim and also the popularity of online racing.

Yes! AC is one of the SIM that every player should have, among other.

If one cannot afford to have most of the main SIM out there, I recommend to spend less time playing and more time in an activity that earns money. As if one is challenged acquiring the SIM software, their rig is most likely not that great and they also might be missing a lot of the other things that makes life so much more fun.

Last edited:
yep .. if you are not looking for SP experience (and that will probably change with release for consoles), AC is one of sims worth having ..
Solid visuals, physics on the good way (already very good), mostly terrible sounds, FFB is good, some important features still missing and some parts of racing car are not simulated at all but devs are still working on the game (you can very well consider it to be in beta phase without being offensive to players or devs :) ), nice selection of cars, few good tracks, new content on the way, historic cars are blast

I would say GSC is must (resp. buy GSC and get AMS for free soon), AC is very much worth buying (even for me using it to hotlap now and than), rF2 if you don`t mind using mods (also might be little bit less accesible at the begining for newcommer) .. I would even say that AC is also must to have, just for different approach it has

EDIT: in regards of improvement of SP experience with console release .. don`t expect any improvement in career mode with console release ... they`ll probably still improve AI

Last edited:
The single player races have gotten better, but they do treat you like they're the citizens of a banana republic and you're the dictator, in that they get out of your way rather than put up much of a fight. But as a way of practicing for online I think it's decent.

One of the good things about AC is that it's always getting better, the devs have made a long term commitment to it which I see continuing even after the console release, because the consoles open up more DLC opportunities, and Kunos use DLCs as an opportunity to improve the core game for free to everyone else.

I would say GSC is must (resp. buy GSC and get AMS for free soon)

Actually, the time for that has passed.

but a lot a various classes to get variety in the cars you drive.

If you're wanting actual classes with various cars from that class then R3E is really your best bet. AC has GT2/GT3 well represented but other than that it's mostly random single cars from various classes (or from the street). But, it feels good to drive, looks good, is fairly user friendly, there's plenty of mod content (though the quality is really hit or miss) and it's usually fairly cheap so it's certainly worth having. If you're looking for a full-on, complete racing experience with lots of bells and whistles you might be a bit disappointed with its current state, but it's good for what it is and definitely worth having. It seems to have slightly better multiplayer participation than a lot of the other sims too.

Id say its ok for mp racing, the netcode improved allot since 1.4. There are always a couple servers running 10-20 minute quali's and 8-15 lap races with decent to full grids. But they usually run the same combo's though its alway gt2 gt3 @ spa mugello or brands, 86GT @ zandvoort or roadcars @ nordschleife. But the quality of racing is pretty decent most of times. So for some quick online races i'd say its pretty good though i would like to see some more variety or servers circulating tracks.

Id say its ok for mp racing, the netcode improved allot since 1.4. There are always a couple servers running 10-20 minute quali's and 8-15 lap races with decent to full grids. But they usually run the same combo's though its alway gt2 gt3 @ spa mugello or brands, 86GT @ zandvoort or roadcars @ nordschleife. But the quality of racing is pretty decent most of times. So for some quick online races i'd say its pretty good though i would like to see some more variety or servers circulating tracks.

There is actually a lot more variety or servers circulating tracks, but they are empty. The issue seems that the players are always gathering in the same combo, even when their is more choice.

• Deleted member 151827

AC used to be my favorite racer, but for me the tire model for a pick up and go racer has devolved! I work hard and don't have hours to spend making setups! If default setup was a bit better, maybe i would feel differently. As for how it stands i don't even start AC up anymore.

AC used to be my favorite racer, but for me the tire model for a pick up and go racer has devolved! I work hard and don't have hours to spend making setups! If default setup was a bit better, maybe i would feel differently. As for how it stands i don't even start AC up anymore.

There's also currently an issue with a lot of the cars not keeping heat in their tires, even with tire blankets. They'll feel good for a lap or two and then suddenly you feel like you're driving on ice, seems like the majority of cars are affected by this (even cars from DP3 on V6 tires). It's rather frustrating.

• Deleted member 151827

Supposed to be fun not frustrating! Last 2 times i tried i was VERY frustrated! I'll start it up again after next update to try once again.

There is actually a lot more variety or servers circulating tracks, but they are empty. The issue seems that the players are always gathering in the same combo, even when their is more choice.
I know and this is a shame but it is what it is. I guess if u team up with some friends and join a server other people would join to eventually. But if ure on your own looking for some quick mp races this is what you most likely will be playing. For me personally it is still the best sim currently for a quick mp race. Though variety could be better gt cars are one of my favorites. Smaller amount of tracks also means most people know the track good thus providing good racing on most ocasions.

Interesting regarding tire temp issue because that means that at least there is an explanation and when there is an explanation then things can be fixed. Does Kunos acknowledge this issue? I stayed away from AC like a plague in the beginning when there were clearly serious issues because no one would acknowledge them and I get tired of testing every time there is an alleged fix only to be disappointed again and again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back