1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Would it be possible to change Titles?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Keith Windsor, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Just a small suggestion - is it possible to allow titles to be edited?
    So for example when a WIP is complete, it can be edited, or a thread with a question or problem can be marked as solved by the original poster?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

For which forum would you like to have this feature Keith?

No promised but I think it will be hard to do but ill do my best.

3. Hi Bram, please don't bother if it is dificult to do, I just thought it was worth mentioning in case it was something that could easily be activated/enabled. It was when I was painting some car skins - in the Mods section I put up a post entitled 'WIP - F1 skins'. But I could not change it later when it was complete and no longer a WIP, so it just made me think that it might be a good idea to be able to edit the title.The other time is when someone asks for help with a problem, if it could be edited to say 'solved' it helps when someone else is searching for the same answer. But it really is not enough of a problem it if it is difficult to do, I just thought I would raise it as a possibility. :)

4. Bram

Bram

Hey Keith,

Issue is that its indeed not more then switching some permissions with a few clicks but that it will have a global impact on the board where people will constantly change thread titles :)

How about this:
    • We make a WIP section for projects that is currently been worked on.
    • When finished mod makers upload it to the RD Resource Manager
    • Upload finished? A thread automatically gets create in the forum (release thread)
    For which specific forum would you like to make these changes?

5. Thanks Bram, it's Game Stock Car Mods for me - I've just done one set of skins and will start another shortly. But I do appreciate it's not the most used of the forums - if you think it's worth it though, then it would be good to see how it works out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bram

Bram

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bram that is great, I have never seen that before, that is exactly what I was thinking of :)

8. Bram

Bram

Will work more on it tomorrow. Maybe we can make this for all modding forums with more detailed prefixes even.

Good suggestion, hopefully a good outcome also :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Bram, looks like a great solution :)

10. Bram, any idea when this will be up for the GSC Mods,I have a WIP waiting to test it out :)

Cheers

11. Bram

Bram

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram,
    could you help me please.
    I have a couple of WIP prefix threads. I am ready to change them to released, but how do I make it do this?
    Does it do it automatically when I upload the file?