F1 2013 Worth it?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi.
I would like to ask if it's worth buying F1 2013 ( 45 euros ) if you already have 2012?
I'm a big F1 fan, but not a so called serious racer with a nice steering wheel etc. That also means that I'm looking more for entertainment in the game rather than a simulator.
Maybe it's a stupid question, but it's hard to find a balance between all the opinions out there.

For me, not really. I got it only because it was on Steam Holiday Sale for $22 for the full classic edition - for me, from a driving perspective, F1 2012 is much better, and indeed I'm playing it more still than 2013.

Classic cars are OK, but I really don't like the way it is implemented - as far as I remember, you even need to use both compounds in a race with them, for goodness' sake, like 2013 rules. Also, racing a 1999 Ferrari against a 1990/whatever Williams, just feels wrong, and a rushed concept to be honest.

The Classic cars are one of the best features!!!
They are a handful to drive and much more challenging than the 2013 cars are.
The AI are also much more improved in this years version of the game.
I would say buy it for sure, but try and find it on sale or used if you have a console.

Thank you both for good answers. Seems like I did a little mistake though. It was 2011 and not 2012 that I currently have. Is there any big changes between 2011 and 2013?
2011 was so long ago for me...lol
What i remember of 2011 is the steering. It seemed like every corner required full lock steering, it is not like that in 2012 or 2013. Also, the weather systems in 2011 was not as good as in 2012 or 2013. In 2011 if it said 50% chance of rain it meant that 50% of the race would have rain, 2012 and 2013 are not like that.

Also the US GP was not in 2011. That track is a lot of fun to drive in 2012 and 2013.
Plus, 2013 comes with classic cars and circuits!

Depends on how much you like F1 racing. I've only played 2012 and 2013.

I like 2013 much better, love the higher tyre wear and the overall performance of the car. I'm finding myself really thinking about strategy in even short races. The AI is much more aggressive which I like, They are far from perfect, but much better than 2012. I was kind of bored with 2012. Them making moves on me makes me tingle in all the right places ;).

Classic mode is fantastic as well. A tiny addition though, keep that in mind. But provides for a good change of pace.

If you don't really play F1 games that much, I would advise waiting for it go cheaper. Or get a second hand copy? 45 Euros sounds expensive as hell. I got it off the steam sale for about 16 USD.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back