World Trophy Highlights - Round 09 Belgium

It is promising as work, but there are to many "meanwhile"s. What happened with the rendering, the video has poor color depth like 256 colors, what made the video not so enjoyable.
I like it cause you believe in what you are doing.

Some quick feedback:

You have to work on those graphics, they look quite simple, but also way big:

hlwt1.png

Compare with this:

hlwt2.png

Think also that here the layout is to show the race winner, so it contains even more words than yours, otherwise it would have been a bit smaller.

I think that a serious talk with Simon, will simplify the work, of course if he doesn`t feel his position unsafe :laugh:. Some of his advice will help to improve your work in every way and I think that the result will appear in the upcoming materials.

i put notes down to give me ideas, but the videos just gives me more ideas of what to say and i havent really sorted the sound level out properly of the video itself except my voice so was the problem and for italy a new overlay will be release might be like simons but using AVS Video Editor graphics Nonetheless

Looks good Ron! Covers the race events nicely.

As mentioned before already in this thread, my only criticism is the sound level of your voice. Needs to be louder, or the engine sounds need to be turned down. And as David said, you could probably make some of the graphics a little bit smaller.

I'm not familiar with AVS so can't help with you graphics there. I make all of mine with Photoshop.

Keep it up! :)

Ron, are you even double checking what you've done? At 07:44 you say Franz retired in Eau Rouge. Well, it was me who retired on that moment. Epic fail, I'd rather say it's bad news for the highlights producer :p

Tuomas Koriala

Ron, are you even double checking what you've done? At 07:44 you say Franz retired in Eau Rouge. Well, it was me who retired on that moment. Also, in the results Franz is 5th. Epic fail, I'd rather say it's bad news for the highlights producer :p

Tuomas Koriala

Until you've spent 10+ hours of your day covering a race with 20+ drivers over 40+ laps, trying to create a detailed highlights package of the event, you have absolutely no idea how easy it is to make mistakes like this.

Considering Ron has only just started making these, he's doing a great job (as is James), and I'm sure they will only get better as they get more experienced.

The highlights may not be perfect, but describing them as an epic fail is a bit ridiculous. If I was driving in the WT, I'd be honoured to have someone willing to put in their free time to create videos like this.

Until you've spent 10+ hours of your day covering a race with 20+ drivers over 40+ laps, trying to create a detailed highlights package of the event, you have absolutely no idea how easy it is to make mistakes like this.

Considering Ron has only just started making these, he's doing a great job (as is James), and I'm sure they will only get better as they get more experienced.

The highlights may not be perfect, but describing them as an epic fail is a bit ridiculous. If I was driving in the WT, I'd be honoured to have someone willing to put in their free time to create videos like this.

Although it's a bit odd he didn't notice it since Franz was 5th in the results. I'm not complaining as if this was a really poor highlights video, and I'm obvious to the fact Ron just started.

Just telling him to keep a proper look :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years