DiRT Rally World RX update for DiRT Rally is now live

World RX Dirt Rally.png

World Rallycross makes its entry into the world of Dirt Rally and is available today for the Steam Early Access title.

Codemasters has updated the hit rallying simulator to version 0.6. The updated is titled World RX and brings two new circuits, official FIA Rallycross Championship drivers and more.

This is the first of two World RX-themed updates.
You'll now be able to drive the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX and experience the Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden rallycross tracks, with three layouts each.

Anti-cheat technology also found its way into Dirt Rally, focusing on blocking leaderboard cheaters. Codemasters says their "next step is to tell your mum you’ve been cheating", so I wouldn't mess with them.
The update also contains a new daily event (in which you'll compete against the community Delta) , the ability to repair a puncture mid-stage, a stuttering-reducing option to disable replays and the option to disable driver arms.

The addition of today’s rallycross update continues Codemasters’ commitment to deliver free, regular and substantial content updates during DiRT Rally’s Steam Early Access Phase. The next World RX pack, coming soon, will add online competitive play for the first time to DiRT Rally, alongwith other new content.

Additions, changes and fixes
  • Embark on a new World RX Career and Custom Events
  • Two new circuits, Höljes, Sweden and Lydden Hill, England both with three routes each
  • Official FIA Rallycross Championship drivers, cars and liveries
  • Anti-cheat stuff which will stop the small few from messing up our leaderboards. Our next step is to tell your mum you’ve been cheating - don’t say we didn’t warn you
  • Ability to identify your device as a wheel if you own one which isn’t supported yet
  • A brand new DiRT Daily Event type where you’ll be competing against the community Delta
  • Ability to repair a puncture mid-stage
  • Ability to disable replays in the options (this should help fix the stuttering some users experience)
  • Ability to remove the drivers arms without causing him to bleedout
  • Now have the ability to return the wheel back to zero degrees when your car is reset
  • Three new World RX cars: the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX.
  • Two new tracks: Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden.
  • New music tracks for your listening pleasure.
  • Toggle added to enable centring of the steering wheel when the car is reset to track or starting a new race. This can be turned on/off from the "Advanced Wheel" menu in the options menu by toggling "Centre Steering". The strength of this effect can be tuned from the "Vibration and Feedback" menu by changing "Steering Centre Force".
  • Added a FFB slider to control the strength of the force applied when centring the wheel.
  • Clutch deadzone and saturation sliders have been added to the advanced wheel options screen.
  • Added support for the Leobodnar Sim Steering FFB system.
  • A game preference has been added to allow for the driver arms and steering wheel to be hidden when using an interior camera.
  • Progress bar now has red/green markers showing the split when completing a sector.
  • The “Little Light” achievement now unlocks after fulfilling the criteria.
  • Win Championship based achievements now unlock after a player loses an event during that championship... Sorry.
  • All Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly when the requirements are met.
  • Terminal reset lines on the Monte Carlo rally route Pra d’Alart have been pushed back from the track edge.
  • General art fixes to the Germany routes.
  • Visual co-driver calls improved throughout all tracks.
  • Ambience added to German routes.
  • Various fixes to benchmark mode race playback
  • Solved issue where the game would freeze and stutter while driving when the user has multiple hard drives.
  • Added functionality to override the type of device for a controller or wheel – enabling advanced options for these input device respectively.
  • Steering linearity is now being applied to the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
  • Position difference. Indicator shown in the Championship Standings for a Hillclimb event now displays the change in championship positions.
  • Fixed an issue where the distance required to unlock the later engineers wasn’t updating.
  • Fix for replay camera sequence sometimes getting stuck on the onboard camera.
  • Issue where the default vehicle tuning settings were not being applied correctly is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where cars would flip or launch into the air when driving at speed near low height objects... We’re gonna miss watching those videos.
  • Upgraded motion platform and telemetry peripheral support so you can now run as many DBox and UDP streams as you want, simultaneously without the need for 3rd party software.
  • Finishing 16th in a championship event will now give considerably less rewards.
  • Fixed a problem where the game would cause random inputs in the menus that didn’t come from you.
  • Various fixes to improve stability and reduce jitter in post race cut scene and replays.
  • Fixed the championship position indicators displaying the wrong information.
  • Fixed issue where warning message were still present on screen after completing an event.
  • Updated vibration and feedback screen to display descriptions for each of the options.
  • A wide range of fixes and tweaks to prepare for the upcoming content.

My SLI doesn't struggle at all with it. Only in replays... There I end up with 55-57 FPS which means a 60FPS ShadowPlay recording is impossible.
I know it is a stupid question, but you have remembered to activate SLI after the last GPU Driver update?

Well i just switched to Win10, but i have SLI enabled... The replay drops i have too.

It looks like they added new effects though by the looks of the options menus. Nice!

GPU usage is a measley 35-50% at all max, except at RX starts with smoke and dust (Höljes Junior Track 6 cars for instance). There it spikes and framerate drops momentarily...

May be the particles being unoptimized yet... As soon as its gone usage backs down again...

This is on 4xAA all on max settings...

But well, its early access so no complaints.

Oh, for real on the RX Supercar thing? And yes, I suspect that with the 2nd RX update coming along shortly, I'll be purchasing an RD membership just to participate in these events. Because I'm not gonna lie, if I was to participate in one championship, it'd HAVE to be Rallycross.

Yeah. For real :) I will tell you this... I have driven som exotic stuff over the years and some cars that where scary.

But that one... Custom built 650+ BHP class A1 Fiesta... Damn! I only got to do like 3 laps but i was convinced the thing was going to kill me, all the time. White knuckle scary ****...

Like you apply power at half going out of a turn and the damn thing just 4 wheel drifts like a hockey puck but still manages to put down enough drive to nail you to the seat... Insane. Lucky i cant afford to race them myself or i would probably be dead :)

I really like the grip difference now, hitting a patch of tarmac can really require some quick steering adjustments. Having the added wheel support is great too, finally, I don't have to reset the config every session - nice. SC4 FFB feels amazing with DR; if they can get the game FFB close to that, I think most people will be pretty happy with it.

How did you solve the steering? It´s impossible to get linear steering on my TX it seems. I need to get down to steering lock around 200 in true gamepad optimization style :(.

Am I missing some fix somewhere? In previous patches I didn´t have this huge hole in the steering. There is now descriptions and it says the lower the number the more linear the steering and "sensitive around center so I should run -10 right?

I tried 540 at first tried to find some steering lock setting but don´t exist. then I had to reduce saturation to 35 % until I could get rid of the biggest hole. But the steering don´t feel linear? If they can just fix the steering and ffb. I did just run default on FFB so maybe it can be done better there is ton to be had for sure but it´s worrying that they don´t optimize for steering wheels first but gamepad still has first priority? The need to run such low steering lock is generally just to mimic a gamepad as much as possible for arcade racers.

Could be in a worse place i guess, reading about this update:cool:

But all i can think of right now is getting back home and drive the RX rally cross update with my AF.

Looks like it's a lot of fun
I was excited to try the update on my AF tonight and its nice to see it finally detected as a wheel in the options but ive lost all foundation feedback in the game, games own ffb works.

I was excited to try the update on my AF tonight and its nice to see it finally detected as a wheel in the options but ive lost all foundation feedback in the game, games own ffb works.
You need to go to my documents/My Games/Dirt Rally/Hardwaresettings folder and manually edit the hardware_settings_config.xml

motion_platform>
<dboxenabled="true"/>
<udpenabled="true"extradata="2"ip="127.0.0.1"port="10001"delay="1"/>
</motion_platform>

Personally seeing this code means my d-box motion, gs-4 seat and accuforce will all be supported in this game. Can't wait to try it out. It's been a longtime asking for this feature at multiple forums and their facebook page and even contacting D-box themselves. Never knew this day would come true. Good job Codies. Glad that you're starting to workout hardware support issues. Which should be the base of all good sims.

I love this update. I always wanted a game with proper rallycross. I may be in the minority for one thing which is I would love to see the GRC added as well. The tracks aren't normally permanent circuits but I love seeing cars fly over the big jumps they have.
The handling of the cars feel great to me. I personally only have an xbox 360 controller but I really enjoy the feel of these cars
Also I am slightly concerned by the lack of any citroens. I would have hoped for a DS3 in this update considering the reigning champ Petter Solberg drives one. Maybe in the next RX update

I love this update. I always wanted a game with proper rallycross. I may be in the minority for one thing which is I would love to see the GRC added as well. The tracks aren't normally permanent circuits but I love seeing cars fly over the big jumps they have.
The handling of the cars feel great to me. I personally only have an xbox 360 controller but I really enjoy the feel of these cars
Also I am slightly concerned by the lack of any citroens. I would have hoped for a DS3 in this update considering the reigning champ Petter Solberg drives one. Maybe in the next RX update

I am also really wanting the Petter Solberg DS3 WX car.
I wouldn't mind having the Ford Focus also at some point :p

I wish I could try.....I downloaded the complete staff and tried to run the game : it's starting as usual and I can chose cars, tracks, events, etc....normally but as soon as I start the race and get the signal "ready" my PC crashes every time... I tried several times and rebooted the complete system without success !
It looks like some other guys are facing the same probs at the steamcommunity.com.....but I didn't notice that somebody here is telling the same story ! So...everything OK for everybody - and just me with difficulties ? In the meantime, I noticed that plenty of people are really struggling to get started and/or have huge of trouble during the game because to very poor FPS, shuttering and various bugs...

Last edited:
I may be in the minority for one thing which is I would love to see the GRC added as well. The tracks aren't normally permanent circuits but I love seeing cars fly over the big jumps they have.

I do think you are in a minority, anyway, that will not happen. Remember that this is now an official FIA World Rallycross Game. Global 'rallycross' is a competitor.

I am also really wanting the Petter Solberg DS3 WX car.
I wouldn't mind having the Ford Focus also at some point :p

Lånkebanen (Hell), Solberg&Doran DS3 and multiplayer will come in the next RX update. Rumours have it that the update will also include Munnich Audi & JRM MINI.

Ford Focus will 99% sure not be in the RX-pack. Money, Politics, 'Big Names' and permanent vs non-permanent drivers makes that a pretty much closed case. Sadly.

DR runs fine overall, it's just VR mode where I suffer performance issues in RX mode. I have to use Nvidia v350.12 to run in VR at all but, FPS drops to low no matter how low I turn down the graphics. There's obviously some issues in RX mode.

The FFB feels amazing with SC4 FFB and the RX mode is a blast, far better than I imagined. I wouldn't mind a track with some more jumps though! SimVibe works great with DR too, PP Rally mode can loosen some teeth and make it hard to maintain orientation in VR. :)

is it just me who has never noticed the spectators before or do we now have many more spectators along the rally tracks? it looks much more like a real wrc or erc event to me.

p.s.: no fps probs that i noticed and my nvidia is one of the weaker models (i think gtx 760 or sth.? i'm not good at remembering numbers)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back