DiRT Rally World RX update for DiRT Rally is now live

World RX Dirt Rally.png

World Rallycross makes its entry into the world of Dirt Rally and is available today for the Steam Early Access title.

Codemasters has updated the hit rallying simulator to version 0.6. The updated is titled World RX and brings two new circuits, official FIA Rallycross Championship drivers and more.

This is the first of two World RX-themed updates.
You'll now be able to drive the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX and experience the Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden rallycross tracks, with three layouts each.

Anti-cheat technology also found its way into Dirt Rally, focusing on blocking leaderboard cheaters. Codemasters says their "next step is to tell your mum you’ve been cheating", so I wouldn't mess with them.
The update also contains a new daily event (in which you'll compete against the community Delta) , the ability to repair a puncture mid-stage, a stuttering-reducing option to disable replays and the option to disable driver arms.

The addition of today’s rallycross update continues Codemasters’ commitment to deliver free, regular and substantial content updates during DiRT Rally’s Steam Early Access Phase. The next World RX pack, coming soon, will add online competitive play for the first time to DiRT Rally, alongwith other new content.

Additions, changes and fixes
  • Embark on a new World RX Career and Custom Events
  • Two new circuits, Höljes, Sweden and Lydden Hill, England both with three routes each
  • Official FIA Rallycross Championship drivers, cars and liveries
  • Anti-cheat stuff which will stop the small few from messing up our leaderboards. Our next step is to tell your mum you’ve been cheating - don’t say we didn’t warn you
  • Ability to identify your device as a wheel if you own one which isn’t supported yet
  • A brand new DiRT Daily Event type where you’ll be competing against the community Delta
  • Ability to repair a puncture mid-stage
  • Ability to disable replays in the options (this should help fix the stuttering some users experience)
  • Ability to remove the drivers arms without causing him to bleedout
  • Now have the ability to return the wheel back to zero degrees when your car is reset
  • Three new World RX cars: the Ford Fiesta WRX, Volkswagen Polo Rallycross and Peugeot 208 WRX.
  • Two new tracks: Lydden Hill, UK and Höljes, Sweden.
  • New music tracks for your listening pleasure.
  • Toggle added to enable centring of the steering wheel when the car is reset to track or starting a new race. This can be turned on/off from the "Advanced Wheel" menu in the options menu by toggling "Centre Steering". The strength of this effect can be tuned from the "Vibration and Feedback" menu by changing "Steering Centre Force".
  • Added a FFB slider to control the strength of the force applied when centring the wheel.
  • Clutch deadzone and saturation sliders have been added to the advanced wheel options screen.
  • Added support for the Leobodnar Sim Steering FFB system.
  • A game preference has been added to allow for the driver arms and steering wheel to be hidden when using an interior camera.
  • Progress bar now has red/green markers showing the split when completing a sector.
  • The “Little Light” achievement now unlocks after fulfilling the criteria.
  • Win Championship based achievements now unlock after a player loses an event during that championship... Sorry.
  • All Hillclimb achievements now unlock correctly when the requirements are met.
  • Terminal reset lines on the Monte Carlo rally route Pra d’Alart have been pushed back from the track edge.
  • General art fixes to the Germany routes.
  • Visual co-driver calls improved throughout all tracks.
  • Ambience added to German routes.
  • Various fixes to benchmark mode race playback
  • Solved issue where the game would freeze and stutter while driving when the user has multiple hard drives.
  • Added functionality to override the type of device for a controller or wheel – enabling advanced options for these input device respectively.
  • Steering linearity is now being applied to the Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel.
  • Position difference. Indicator shown in the Championship Standings for a Hillclimb event now displays the change in championship positions.
  • Fixed an issue where the distance required to unlock the later engineers wasn’t updating.
  • Fix for replay camera sequence sometimes getting stuck on the onboard camera.
  • Issue where the default vehicle tuning settings were not being applied correctly is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where cars would flip or launch into the air when driving at speed near low height objects... We’re gonna miss watching those videos.
  • Upgraded motion platform and telemetry peripheral support so you can now run as many DBox and UDP streams as you want, simultaneously without the need for 3rd party software.
  • Finishing 16th in a championship event will now give considerably less rewards.
  • Fixed a problem where the game would cause random inputs in the menus that didn’t come from you.
  • Various fixes to improve stability and reduce jitter in post race cut scene and replays.
  • Fixed the championship position indicators displaying the wrong information.
  • Fixed issue where warning message were still present on screen after completing an event.
  • Updated vibration and feedback screen to display descriptions for each of the options.
  • A wide range of fixes and tweaks to prepare for the upcoming content.

this new update has ruined the fun for me..the fps now is really bad.. i used to get 70 fps on high settings but now its all over the place and choppy as hell..also i dont like this rally x stuff its not 4 me it feels really arcade like and not sim at all..i also think codies have messed with the car physics too because i only liked driving the mini and i could power slide around corners keeping drifts but now the car just feels over grippy and i cant get the back end out at all,,all i want is a car that handles like rbr and a **** load of countries and stages to boot none of this rally x garbage.

this new update has ruined the fun for me..the fps now is really bad.. i used to get 70 fps on high settings but now its all over the place and choppy as hell..also i dont like this rally x stuff its not 4 me it feels really arcade like and not sim at all..i also think codies have messed with the car physics too because i only liked driving the mini and i could power slide around corners keeping drifts but now the car just feels over grippy and i cant get the back end out at all,,all i want is a car that handles like rbr and a **** load of countries and stages to boot none of this rally x garbage.

I noticed this as well, but only in certain situations. Specifically in corners at times, but nothing to the point where it ruined the race for me at least. Hopefully they'll be able to correct this quickly.

Considering what a shemozzle f1 2015 is as a full release, Dirt Rally is an absolute triumph in early access. Hard to believe it's the same company. This Rx update is fantastic - so immersive and fun, and another totally different driving experience in the same game.

I also experienced a severe frame rate loss after the update. I fixed it by going to my gfx options and re-enabling vsync. I'm not sure why this had such a pronounced affect but it's back to silky smooth. The audiovisual immersion of this game is just astonishing.

Hopefully the upcoming updates will address a few long standing annoyances (mouse driven menus, better trackside cameras etc), and further refine the physics and handling to make Dirt Rally the classic title it deserves to be.

hell yes! will be interesting to watch rx battle between codies and reiza. Also very welcome these nowadays sim expansion, looks like world is changing to its better state. :inlove:

For me it was bad untill I saw that the game had set the graphic settings to "ultra" instead of what I use normally "high".
Check all your graphic options (AA, fps limit, Vsnch etc) because the update change them for me.
After changing the graphic settings to "high" , turn V-synch on etc..., I had no stutters and all my FPS were there.

Awesome update so far! But they still haven't fixed the controls not saving after exit (unless I'm the only one with the problem...)
i have the same problem, just reinstall game and delete folder in your documents/my games/dirt rally - this helps me.

And abaut the new update: i think codies do it good they are listening to community and i think thats the best way how to make great game. And guys its soooooooooo early to make some ends abaut this game its EARLY ACCESS, in final version may be this game best rally game ever !! i belive :p

@duko I read elsewhere that the mention of turning off replays should not have made it in the patch notes... its not ready yet but will be soon.
As a workaround, found this and it seems to work (copy and paste from elsewhere):

"Go to Program Files/ Steam/ SteamApps/ common/ Dirt Rally/ System/
Find the file named hardware_settings_config.xml
Open it with a Text editor
Find the line <threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="0" dvdStorageProcessor="0" dataSetMonitorProcessor="0" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="0" fileStreamProcessor="0"/>

then change it to <threadStrategy workerMapFile="system/workerMap4Core.xml"/>

Important - I use an eight core cpu, but it only works with the Map4Core.xml profile but this can be different on your system
Save (Make a backup of it before, we never know)"

Ok, so to first lay the ground on where my comment is going to come from... I have rallied in real Life, but what i have ALSO done is actually driven a real RX Class A car for some laps on the actual Höljes track. Only because a friend of mine is an RX driver though, myself, i don't have the budget for such follies :)

But i have to say... The track and the feel is SPOT ON! Great work. The feel of the 4wd at Power, given the type of car is excellent. Very realistic.

Also, the fact that they are gunning for the real RX deal (heat structure, jokers etc.) makes it all the more sweet.

The new FFB defaults they added are also great. I removed all fixes now and it feels awesome on my RSV2. Finally i can feel the lean from the steering rack. The addition of soft lock is welcome too.

This is a really strong update. It shows that this is not only surpassing RBR, it is going to be a real contender for sim of the year upon release.

Only bad stuff about the update is that the RX events with other cars shows that you are going to need some serious pwer to run this smooth.

That smoke is causing framedrops left and right, and sometimes my dual GTX980s are at 99% usage :)

But it looks damn nice...

Ok, so to first lay the ground on where my comment is going to come from... I have rallied in real Life, but what i have ALSO done is actually driven a real RX Class A car for some laps on the actual Höljes track. Only because a friend of mine is an RX driver though, myself, i don't have the budget for such follies :)

But i have to say... The track and the feel is SPOT ON! Great work. The feel of the 4wd at Power, given the type of car is excellent. Very realistic.

Also, the fact that they are gunning for the real RX deal (heat structure, jokers etc.) makes it all the more sweet.

The new FFB defaults they added are also great. I removed all fixes now and it feels awesome on my RSV2. Finally i can feel the lean from the steering rack. The addition of soft lock is welcome too.

This is a really strong update. It shows that this is not only surpassing RBR, it is going to be a real contender for sim of the year upon release.

Only bad stuff about the update is that the RX events with other cars shows that you are going to need some serious pwer to run this smooth.

That smoke is causing framedrops left and right, and sometimes my dual GTX980s are at 99% usage :)

But it looks damn nice...
Oh, for real on the RX Supercar thing? And yes, I suspect that with the 2nd RX update coming along shortly, I'll be purchasing an RD membership just to participate in these events. Because I'm not gonna lie, if I was to participate in one championship, it'd HAVE to be Rallycross.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%