World Rally Manufacturer Manager - Season One (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 17.49.11.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 17.49.26.png

Mikko Hirvonen will be the overnight leader in Norway, after an solid run to the top spot, holding off the Toyota of Dani Sordo by 5.6 seconds after a day of attrition.

Ford and Hirvonen continued to look good, despite not being the quickest all day. Bonato sits inside the points again in P14, while Brynildsen sits in 18th place, just a minute behind the point positions. Citroen and Ogier looked good very quick, but sits P5, running quite a different strategy by running for longer on the tyres. Maurin sits P15 after a fairly solid day, but Lefebvre ran into technical problems on the road. Luckily for him, it was near the end of the day, and he could potentially recover to the points if he has the pace. Toyota looked a bit more reliable today. Sordo looks to be a big threat for the win, and Sirmacis could be fighting for a top 10. Loubet had an alright day, and sits 22nd on the road.

Skoda and Kris Meeke ran into problems for the second rally in a row, after looking like a contender for the podium. Gilbert and Lukyanuk look good in 8th and 10th however, and Gilbert is currently in an epic battle with Latvala, with nothing separating the pair after over an hour of the rally. Speaking of Mitsubishi, they looked very good. Solberg sits 4th after a brilliant day for him, Latvala sits 7th. Valousek on the other hand is struggling down in P27. Subaru are another team that looks strong. Mads Ostberg on a slightly different strategy is only twelve seconds down on the lead, and could still be a big threat for the win. Elfyn Evans sits in 9th between the two Skoda's.

Neuville and Opel's rocky start continues after yet another mechanical problem struck the Belgians car. Tanak on the other hand sits in 6th, and looks good to score more points. Peugeot are having a solid debut, Craig Breen currently in 12th, battling near to Sirmacis. Camili sits in 21st, while Osian Pryce had a suspension failure, and will restart the rally in 45th. Seat sit 13th with Suninen, and Fuchs sits in 20th after a quiet day. The day ended very quickly for Lappi, with an engine failure on stage 2.

Suzuki saw Botka drop out early on in the day, but will be hoping Kopecky could still score some points for them. Moffett sits in 28th, struggling with the car still. Nasser Al Attiyah had a quiet day in 23rd for Honda, while Ingram is 26th for Mini.

The WRC Trophy was highly dramatic, with many rally winning contenders running into huge problems. Marius Aasen was the first to go, after crashing out. Then Veiby went out of the rally with a mechanical problem after leading the rally. Then his teammate Suarez had a driveshaft problem, also after leading. This left Henning Solberg to pick up the pieces to take the lead. Kremer sits 2nd in his Adapta Mini, with the third Lotos car of Giordano in third. Chris Atkinson sits 4th, ahead of Ketomaa, Bergvist, Kruuda, Rokland, Gryazin and Poulsen

• Deleted member 161052

Not impressed with Lefebvre's performance. Ogier should pick up some more pace and Maurin didn't do what we expected him to do.

Two crashes for my top driver, ouch! Maybe the fatigue from excessive testing is hurting him? Perhaps we'll take a break after this rally.

(Basically, an explanation to why this was taking a while to simulate. I have a bunch of Formula's which calculate the stage time in seconds, but I wanted the stage times in minutes. So I would then manually convert from seconds to minutes which was a pain. However, I can divide the time in seconds by 86400, and then convert that number into a time, which gives me a time in minutes. The problem was that an excel second is smaller than a normal second, which is why I did it manually. However this shouldn't be a problem anymore. The only problem I have found is the stage time is 1.5 seconds more than what the time in seconds was, but it's the same for everyone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%